Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30087 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2022, 11:13:35 pm »

The kea menace has arrived apparently. Foul demons.

Can we eat kea?   Because if we can....I have a suggestion for the cooks.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2022, 03:04:26 am »

The kea menace has arrived apparently. Foul demons.

Can we eat kea?   Because if we can....I have a suggestion for the cooks.
If they're big enough to carry stuff off they should be big enough to eat.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2022, 04:05:02 am »

short update. it was discovered that my method of designation, combined with the quirks of dwarven pathfinding, have resulted in extremely inefficient mining. because I used long, individual tunnels, layered on top of one another, the dwarf is often forced to retreat the entire length of the tunnel to a lower z-level in order to reach their chosen designated mining spot. the little idiots have decidedly increased the time-to-completion from 1x to 10x. SO things may need to be re-designated.

The spiked golden death ball was placed within a singular trap, for testing purposes:

And so, have some A.I. art of the latest (and greatest) artifact, carved in Winter by the newest gemcutter, Sarvesh:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Humans brought a breeding pair of tame red cardinals, which were roosted inside this newfound artifact.

Finally, the green-thieves from the skylands, as inspected by Maloy. Indeed - light up the fryers, we're eating evil chicken tonight lads!

You know... Brandclaw the spiked golden ball would make a brilliant adventure weapon...

The spiked ball doesn't deal a blunt attack at all, but it does do three attacks with its spikes. Like the menacing spike, it has only a small contact area, but has a very low penetration depth compared to the menacing spike.

Low penetration depth edged attacks can still break bones with impact damage, just like blunt attacks do. In addition, if an edged weapon is unable to cut the material of the target's armor, its attack is converted to blunt type. Because the small contact area concentrates the force, spiked balls should be more effective against targets in superior armor than either serrated discs or giant axes.

So even though gold has inferior blunt stats to platinum (about %50 as effective in terms of blunt-affecting stats), it still almost doubles the material density of silver at 19320 (or 1.93), and density is AFAIK the most determinate factor in these calculations.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 04:15:52 am by Salmeuk »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2022, 09:44:17 am »

I used long, individual tunnels, layered on top of one another, the dwarf is often forced to retreat the entire length of the tunnel to a lower z-level in order to reach their chosen designated mining spot.

This is awful when it happens. I make the same mistake too often.

That is a look of pure evil. And what a smug grin the demon bird has!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2022, 11:32:56 pm »

Just to let you know I am going to my Mom's birthday party this weekend.  So I won't be available to pick up the next save file right away.  So if anybody wants to go after Salmeuk please say so.  OR he can have a few more days while I am gone.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2022, 12:58:07 am »

In summary,

Iton successfully led The Mines of Artifice for almost 6 years. Over 5000 gems were extracted from the hillside, cut into beautiful shapes, and displayed in gigantic hoards, waiting for the first visit from the Queen. Astoundingly, the miners claim this haul is perhaps only 1/6 of the total gems present in this area, such is the richness of these mountains.

Almost 200 Large gems were produced, and many of these were masterwork. A total wealth of ~4million dwarfbucks is itself impressive, however the fact almost a half of this was found in the value of the gems alone, is wonderful.

During the final few years, multiple interesting artifact weapons were produced. First,

A certain Degel produced an artifact steel short sword. Second,

This warhammer references the golden crossbow produced at Riverend.

These two artifact weapons, as well as the golden artifact spiked ball, were stored in the center of the main vault of jewels, waiting on pedestals for a brave adventurer to steal or request their use.

At one point we were attacked by this

who killed our mercenary captain, who bravely appeared first at the scene.

A sad day for all involved, included Iton, director of trade, who had known the captain for many years previous to this venture.

Maloy the Kobold Catcher found that, upon realizing his presence in the hills, the local kobolds simply stopped showing up. This meant his various intricately produced trap components were now useless, collecting rust and dust. With nothing better to do, Maloy spent the remaining 3 years getting into petty arguments and fist fights with the other denizens.

Though, it should be mentioned, the ONE time he tried to cut some gems, he produced this beautiful sheep figurine:

The miners faced strenuous work and constant strain, which proved too much for this one:

Kogan stumbled obliviously around the vault of jewels, scattering the gemstones at his feet, moaning, searching for purpose. Surrounded by the fruit of his labor he was too dissociated to appreciate the glimmering hoard.

The final overview of the vaults:

Here is the main vault. Clear, Green, and Red Zircons on the sides, with miscellaneous precious gems below. The pedestals all display large gems, while the central room contains artifact weaponry.

All in all, a proud success for the kingdom. Not much in the way of story inspiration, really. . . more of a proof of concept for the industrial extraction of gemstones . . .

I look forward to any adventurers who attempt to retrieve these artifact weapons.

save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16181
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 02:48:00 am by Salmeuk »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2022, 07:50:24 pm »

Picked up the save file and checking it out.  Day off tomorrow so likely post first chapter by afternoon.  Kind of deciding what I plan to do....

Edit - Not sure what happened but it looks like a human civilization took my bridge and the dwarves are trying to take it back.  With....cows?!?!

Deadly cows.  Oh no...the cow was struck down!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:33:19 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2022, 02:27:47 am »

The cows have been studying Sun Tzu .

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

These cows appeared at our gates, limping, mooing in pain. We quickly raised the portcullis, gentle souls that we are. This was our first mistake.

If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.

These cows were different. Their eyes were bright with intelligence, and they moved with alacrity and quickly took over the gatehouse with their charging horns.

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories,

a thousand cows.

And so began the Great Bovine War of 1060 onwards.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2022, 04:31:18 am »

Stealthy war cows coming into the bridge at night killing a few then disappearing back into the night.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2022, 05:04:44 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World -  Adventure Time!

Bob of Passions was a Mantis man who had emerged from the wilds and had become a stone worker in Rushplaque.  The dark human pits controlled by the Band of Girls.

His chitin was green and his eyes were black.

He believed in a peaceful and ordered society without dissent.  Because of this he did not really value skills related to fighting.  Which was funny as he was a pretty good fighter and used a whip.

He also felt leisure time wasteful.  He was calm much of the time and could easily handle stress.

He had a donkey and three war dogs.  He figured the dogs could do much of the fighting for him if he ever ran into trouble.

He had finally decided to leave the pits and go on an adventure.  Where?  Who knew.  He wanted to do something to make things….better…for the people in the world.

But what would that be?  How would he know how to help people?  Maybe he needed to travel the lands and ask the people?  Help end war and help the poor be less poor?

So he collected his things, what few things he had, such as his whip and water skins, and headed out.

Then grabbing his donkey and climbing out of the pits he pondered which direction to go?  Maybe flip a dog?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 05:09:44 pm by callisto8413 »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2022, 10:26:37 pm »

Getting some thri-keen vibes from 'Bob' (nice name, lol!).

Wonder how a mantis man sees peace and order in the World of Bones?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2022, 06:23:29 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World -  The End

Bob flipped one of the dogs and its nose ended up facing south.  South it was!

He tried to dodge the pits that seemed to cover the landscape until he found, in the distance, something that looked like water flowing on the surface.

Then he melted to death.  The End.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur’s Note :

Damn it!   Maybe I should just make a settlement?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 06:25:43 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2022, 08:16:14 pm »

oh my god lol

yeah I think there are a few scattered kill-zones around the desert. what a crazy fkin world you made callisto. desert hell planet with rare metals and an overabundance of murderous goblins.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2022, 09:15:02 pm »

oh my god lol

yeah I think there are a few scattered kill-zones around the desert. what a crazy fkin world you made callisto. desert hell planet with rare metals and an overabundance of murderous goblins.

All I need is sandworms.....*shudder*

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2022, 11:31:17 pm »

Hahaha, that was a very exciting adventure Bob had!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28