Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30048 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2022, 03:27:44 pm »

Permission to move to the latest DF version or want me to hold off on that (still playing on the previous version)
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2022, 06:48:59 pm »

... not sure it would transfer? fairly sure premium update breaks old saves

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2022, 06:53:23 pm »

the latest version of classic. We had 50.04 come out today for us here.

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2022, 07:06:55 pm »

the latest version of classic. We had 50.04 come out today for us here.

50. breaks save compatibility from 0.47 (even on Classic).

It's also mentioned in release notes.txt:

***Note that this version of DF is only compatible with saves from 0.50.01+.***

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2022, 07:53:46 pm »

Let's stay with the old one for now.   
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2022, 01:25:20 pm »

The Pugilist of Soakedboards

"Meng back into my clinic i see, what is it this time" She gestured towards the fresh cut on her arm leaking a stream of an all too familiar crimson red liquid.

"It was a wolf feeding on a corpse on the edge of camp" " I told Ubbul we should build some fortification on this site but once again he has that goblin baron "advising him"." Meng stated coming to rest on the stump by Sarvesh.

"Yeah personally i wouldn't take it to heart, we all know how weak is claim of leader is on The Staff of Hide is. None of us recognise him as king and we even recognise Aban as king and they were a member of the branded scorpion and lasted no time at all. Not the first, even Queen Mestthos was a member of the goblins. We have had nothing but puppet royalty for years" Sarvesh ranted

"You forgot the part where the goblins joined us and then we defended them against other goblins. Not to mention how odd it was that we lose a Queen and a King and the attackers lost no one" "It was a show war, The Fenced Devil suffered no casulties what so ever" Meng replied

"Its time we put an end to the goblins reign, their "age of goblin" will come to an end" Sarvesh whispered

Before Meng could reply, Sarvesh had gotten up and walked towards Ozud, a goblin woodcutter.

"Ah, someone looks grumpy, why don't you..." Ozud jeered before he was stuck in the stomach. His green body rippiling and pulsating as his stomach churned. He vomited all over his pig tail toga as he weakly stuck out towards Sarvesh. The goblin marksman prepared a shot before being impailed upon Mengs spear.

Sarvesh Paintfist had quite the experience fighting, from a young age she had been assigned as the doctor of the site. Often dealing with aggressive mercenarys she had to learn to fight back. At first she was weak, but years of the same crass jokes, shoving and insults had made her into a Dwarven Pugilist. For fancy tools were obsolete when the dwarves greatest weapon is themselves. Ozud was shocked and was caught by surprises as a light left hook stuck his upper left arm causing him to lose balance. The perfect opening arose as a right fist hit Ozud squarely in the face.

Ozud spat out four teeth as the one cocky and cheerful goblin turned a pale green and began to fun. Sarvesh and her dog soon gave chase. Ozud felt his energy draining as he slowed. A war dog biting at his ankles. Sarvesh caught up and went in for a swing, he instincivly blocked with his left had only for him to hear a sickening pop followed by severe pain as his left hand was dislocated.

Sarvesh glaced around, Meng was hurt but stood atop the marksgoblins corpse that was drowning in blood. With the quick movement of her arms she staked the creature down into the ground. Pinning its pathetic form in place.

More blows were felt upon Ozud, as he weazed out a plee for mercy. As Sarvesh stopped to talk, he meakly went for a right hook but was too slow. A heavy left hock to the goblins left leg was enough as he fell to the ground in pain.

"Please don't kill me " Ozud begged

As Sarvesh started to speak, Ozud pulled a copper carving knife. Sarvesh dogged his weak slash before jabing the goblin square in the face, crushing his nose like a fallen tomato.

"STOP THIS AT ONCE" bellowed Warlord Ubbul. "Gozru, what should i do with them"

"Make them an example hehehe, beat them by yourself" jeered Gozru pointing her artifact crossbow towards Ubbul

"Very well"

Ubbul quickly charged Sarvesh, being intercepted by Meng. Sarvesh and her dog soon joined the battle. Ubbul was focused on disarming Meng and dealing heavy blows to her with his shield. Sarvesh saw the opening and with a precise punch to the back of the neck, Ubbul body spasmed before falling limp. With no hesitation Meng decapitated Ubbul with her spear.

Gozru began to ran, as Sarvesh dog gave chase. As Sarvesh caught up she had seen that her dog was badly wounded by the goblin baron. Sarvesh appoarched and began to unleash a flurry of blows upon the baron. His body being tenderised like a masterfully prepared dingo steak. As he fell to the ground, blows continued to land until the goblin barons head was no more than a red ooze upon the ground.

After finding and killing the last goblin, Meng turned to talk to Sarvesh.

"What will you do now?" she said inquisitively

"I need to rebuild our once glorious kingdom, after that you know what i will do"

Meng nodded as Sarvesh and her dog headed north from the camp.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 08:41:45 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2022, 12:21:59 am »

ah, chaos and violence, just to taste. . if you recall how one of the dwarven civs was taken over by a goblin leader after a coup around year 500, this story makes a whole lot of sense. The World of Bones has this game of thrones politicking feel to the legends stories.

good luck to Sarvesh.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2022, 08:29:21 pm »

I love the unfolding of the story.  :)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2022, 03:52:55 pm »

So the forts artifacts are reinforcing Sarvesh's quest. This bed is the most recent one and the visuals go hard.

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2022, 04:32:04 pm »

I claim the bed!!!  :D

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2022, 04:45:40 pm »

I claim the bed!!!  :D
You will have to take it from Queen Erith Ropeyawn and her husband. Ahahahaha

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2022, 01:24:10 pm »

there is quite an assemblage of artifacts, now that we have such a history of fortresses on this world. ripe for adventurer thievin'

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2022, 09:33:09 am »

The Cursed Lord

It had been many years since freeing our civilization from goblin control. We had built a grand fortress and delved the depths, we had learned the dark truth behind the adamantine but the risk and lose to the foul demons gave birth to grand artifact weapons.

The blade,

the hammer

and the crossbow.

Our treasures a plenty it had not stopped goblin thieves from coming and trying to steal from us but two artifacts were stolen. A mug of raw adamantine, i know not of its fate and ring of Tin.

Lushtrusted was stolen by a goblin known as Amost Coalmighty, he had tried to claim that the artifact was a family heirloom to us but we knew the goblin was lying, sure enough the next year he stole the thing. Invited dwarves to the tower he lived at in the south. Known as Bentgoose, i was planning on going out into the world to deal with the Scorpion goblins so a small deviation wouldn't hurt.

I needed a travel partner and i knew my sister in arms Meng would be a prime candidate, I had thought she had stayed in Soakboards to run the site but when i arrived, i saw her skeletal remains incased in a rusty prision. He spear embedded in the ground by her side. I soon learned of her fate. She sought to follow me after the warlords enforcers chased me. But another dwarf in the scorpions grasp backstabed her, twisting he blade. He didn't get out of it unharmed and had been suffering from his injuries by the time he made it towards Staffhide the Citadel of Knowledge, he was unable to breath and soon suffocated. To think we burried that traitorous bastard.

I took her spear and moved towards bentgoose, the tower was odd, the land around it even more barron and devoid of life. Two dwarves stumbled towards me, their forms corrupted, they were compelled to attack me. My blade sliced through their necks with ease as i dispactched them.

I soon saw that pesky goblin, hunched over and making tea. "I will be right in master" . I wondered if one of the demon lords was in the tower. Without thinking impailed the creatures head upon my blade. As its gangly body fell limp. I snuck upstairs and was soon meet by the mummy lord himself. He was wearing the ring. He laughed at me as he began to fade from realitly. I had no time at all and in that moment i cleaved his neck, as soon as his head came apart he returned to sight minus the ring. I dug through the tower searching for the ring with no luck. The foul being must of cursed it. Lusttrusted was lost to us.

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2022, 03:00:13 pm »

I soon saw that pesky goblin, hunched over and making tea. "I will be right in master" . I wondered if one of the demon lords was in the tower. Without thinking impailed the creatures head upon my blade. As its gangly body fell limp. I snuck upstairs and was soon meet by the mummy lord himself. He was wearing the ring. He laughed at me as he began to fade from realitly. I had no time at all and in that moment i cleaved his neck, as soon as his head came apart he returned to sight minus the ring. I dug through the tower searching for the ring with no luck. The foul being must of cursed it. Lusttrusted was lost to us.

meanwhile, alternate universe Golem can be heard laughing his way to the sunken caverns below...

nice writeup! adding to the pile of artifact loots three legendary weapons. one of which being a squeaky-hammer

Donnerino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2022, 06:28:12 pm »

How cool would it be if someone managed to gather all of the lost dwarven artifacts in the World of Bones together in adventure mode?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28