Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30066 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2022, 11:26:32 pm »

How cool would it be if someone managed to gather all of the lost dwarven artifacts in the World of Bones together in adventure mode?

That would be a interesting adventure.   But....dangerous as heck.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2023, 12:17:10 pm »

Might be the longest lived dwarf/ possibly immortal now

As my turn draws towards its end, something odd has occured. I rolled a dice and got weretransformed into a kestral for a week and not long after retired at my fort to store away all the artifacts i collected.

Just checking her page to see if everything is okay and it now lists her as 4 years old but is an adult and is now born in the year 1075. I know immortality isnt really existant in this world but i think she was blessed with an extended life span. Checking on the legends viewer of just before booting up the fort has her original birth year listed.

In the fortress, she is listed as a dwarf, has all her original attributes. Is there any syndromes that effect age? I doubt it but its one of two thoughts. I think its a bug with retiring with animal curses causes the to restore everything but misses the age. So when i became a kestal it set my age to 4 as a 90 year old kestal won't exactly live long. So when the week passed during fort unretire it set everything back minus age.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2023, 07:23:20 pm »

Interesting.....

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2023, 06:07:22 pm »

The save is here

The branded Scorpion have been whittled down to just 4 remaining. Any cleaners wanting gear and artifacts. Staffhide the Citadel of Knowledge has a grand building with a museum of artifacts for cleaner use on top as well as weapon and armor stockpiles.

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2023, 07:47:53 pm »

Okay.  Downloading.  Will play some tomorrow.  Likely Bob will be reborn!

Edit - Took a peek.  What does a butler do in this universe?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 08:07:02 pm by callisto8413 »

Donnerino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2023, 09:14:23 pm »

Okay.  Downloading.  Will play some tomorrow.  Likely Bob will be reborn!

Edit - Took a peek.  What does a butler do in this universe?

Well, a butler serves a person, I would assume a High Butler... serves everyone?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2023, 12:21:32 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World -  A Totally New Character

The date was the 1st of Sandstone, 1083, and Bob of Passions, a totally original individual who was not a copy of anybody else, had emerged from the wilds and become a tanner in Daggeryawned.  A dwarven hillocks which only had a few dozen citizens who lived there under control of the Rope of Idols.

It was as boring as it sounded.

Bob had green chitin and his eyes were black. 

Funny enough he dreamed of mastering a skill and yet didn’t care about art one way or the other.

He liked to keep things in order and was polite.

And he had a moderate need to be with family and friends.  Also he liked to practice his skills and keep himself busy.

Once again likely why he wanted to go on a adventure away from the boring life of the dwarven settlement.

He had a donkey to carry items and three war dogs. 

It was time to go on adventure!   So he collected all his equipment.  His spear, water skins, and even a copper buckler and matching helm.

And then headed outside to decide which direction to go on after chatting with a few of his follow citizens.

The dwarves had little to say to him.  There was little to say.  The settlement was tiny and had little wealth.  Though there were rumors that the Coal of Prestige were going to reclaim Daggeryawned. 

Sadly the settlement was isolated from the rest of the world so trying to figure out which direction to go in would be random.  Now how to decide?  There was the traditional flipping of the dogs.

Which way to go which way to go….

======================================================================

Arthur’s Note :

Looked up butler.  During the middle ages the butler, from a French term meaning bottle, was in charge of the household's wines and drinks.  So I guess Grognak is in charge of the booze for the Washed Council.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2023, 07:44:46 pm »

the green chitin is not menacing at all, what with those black shark eyes. a perfectly amiable character. and how polite!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2023, 08:48:09 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World -  Kobolds!

Bob didn’t want to run into one of those dead zones he had heard about.  When travelers wandered into a region so hot they melted unless they turned around and fled.  So he decided to either move east or west.

So of course he flipped a dog and it pointed east.  So east it was!

But to the east were mountains.  Oh well.

So west it was!

That, at least, was not blocked.

Bob was worried about one thing.  He wondered if the west had any rivers.  Water was a problem in the Erased Continent.

But by noon Bob noticed, far off to the west, seemed to be another village or settlement.  And between it and him was structures of some kind.  Forts?  Tombs?  Religious centers?

Adventure!  Of course he had to explore the unknown buildings.

It was a Monastery.  He examined a nearby shrine where there was a statue.

Maybe it was about the Monastery.  He would need to find somebody to talk to.  But first he wondered if he should roll the die?  Funny enough the shrine had no die. 

Which seemed odd.  He continued to explore.

He soon found a building full of statues and other objects.  But no people.

But the next statue told him little.  Was it related to the site?  The region?  The history of the civilizatiuon that built the Monastery?

Going upstairs didn’t help either.  Had it been abandoned?

He continued to look for priests or worshipers.  The only animals he noticed outside of his own were the buzzards.  Not a good sign.

Then there was a building with noise coming from inside.  He entered it but made sure to keep his digits off his weapons.  Just in case those inside were peaceful.

Kobolds.  LOTS of kobolds.

So he had to decide.  Kill or not kill?

==================================================

Arthur’s Note :

I tossed a 6 sided die.

1 to 3 I went east.  4 to 6 I headed west.

I rolled a 1.  So east it was.  Until I hit the mountain range.

Westward ho!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2023, 10:24:41 pm »

killing peaceful, upstanding citizens sounds is just asking for karmic retribution. interrogate them for quests instead!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2023, 11:14:06 pm »

killing peaceful, upstanding citizens sounds is just asking for karmic retribution. interrogate them for quests instead!

Are all the religious sites run by kobolds?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2023, 01:00:43 am »

Are all the religious sites run by kobolds?

My experience is that monasteries are either empty or then there's some squatters outcasts, who are sometimes kobolds. Can't remember if I've ever seen one that actually has people from the religion there...

Speaking of kobolds, have you modded them so they'll be able to speak? If not, they'll just stare at you and not respond, which is quite creepy when you think of it.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:26 pm »

My experience is that monasteries are either empty or then there's some squatters outcasts, who are sometimes kobolds. Can't remember if I've ever seen one that actually has people from the religion there...

Speaking of kobolds, have you modded them so they'll be able to speak? If not, they'll just stare at you and not respond, which is quite creepy when you think of it.

I did not mod them.  So they will likely just stare at me.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2023, 07:19:48 pm »

Yeah Kobolds can't speak. So no chatting.

You enter the building, several kobolds in silent prayer. They turn to start at you.

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2023, 07:45:07 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Killing Kobolds

At first he tried to talk to the Kobolds.  But then realized they could not speak.

So Bob started killing them.  The dogs joined in.

He took down many of them before they overwhelmed him.  Once he dropped his spear it was soon over.

And so he fell to the kobolds.

=============================================================

Arthur’s Note :

At least he didn’t melt.  But I’m not calling any more characters Bob.  They last two or three chapters.  Well, let’s see if I can get the seven dwarves to live again!  And the game didn’t crash!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28