Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30083 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2023, 07:56:23 pm »

Rest in peace, need to check legends and see what god those kobolds worship. Also put me in for another turn please.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2023, 08:25:23 pm »

Rest in peace, need to check legends and see what god those kobolds worship. Also put me in for another turn please.

Adding you to the list.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2023, 08:29:51 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Heading Out!

The Seven Dwarfs of the Apples of Ageless Buttery had been sent by the Craft of Conjunctions to the Waters of Uncertainty to found the Abbey of Crafts to make crafts.

The problem was the settlement was right on the shore of a lake.  And the seven sent were not too happy about it.

Flick was the first to complain as it jumped off the wagon.

“They do know we may have a problem digging into the earth so close to a source of water, right?” it said as it glanced around the landscape.

Whick just shrugged.  “We’re here to make a profit making toys for all the children of the world.  And we’ll do or my name isn’t Sholidudil the Expedition Leader!”

“Most of that isn’t your name,” pointed out Glick the Woodworker.

“Shut up,” remarked Whick.

Blick the Mason and Snick the Jeweler both chuckled as they also stepped out of the wagon.  Along with Quee the Diagnoser.

“Just cut down some trees and start digging,” said the Leader with a glare.

“What trees?” asked Glick. 

“The saguaros,” remarked the Leader.  “And before you ask just don’t dig near the water.  And remember not to cook the Plump helmets.  Get to work!”

And so on the 15th of Sandstone, Mid-Autumn, of the year 1083 the Outpost Kulet Rigoth was formed.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2023, 07:16:03 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Settling In

Digging started out at once.  As did the collecting of ‘wood’. 

Tunnels were made.  Underground pens for the pigs and chickens were carved out.

Bedrooms were created and beds were placed in some as farm plots were plowed with simple tools.

Workshops were built and the first meals were made.  And the first drinks brewed.  Mostly Dwarven beer and Dwarven rum.

When winter came the Leader became the Book Keeper and the Manger.  And soon had the stockpiles in some kind of order.  Which allowed to settlers to know what they had available to eat and drink.

Though, to be honest, there wasn’t much of a selection. 

To add to the menu more above ground plants were collected and the draft animals, a water buffalo cow and the one-hump camel, was butchered.

A dining area was made, with a couple of tables and chairs, made from stone.  Then assigned as the tavern called the Garlic of Razors.

Statues of famous, and not so famous, people were also being placed in one of the hallways.

It was becoming….home.  Or at least it was roomy enough for the seven dwarves.

And they were working on a Trade Depot on the surface.

Then Spring arrived.  And at least the menu was a tad more interesting.  Also the cook had a lot of hen eggs to go through at this point.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2023, 03:48:07 am »

rum & eggs sounds like a depression meal . . . let the biscuits flow

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2023, 12:00:46 pm »

I love a succession game that plays around with standard succession rules!

I'd like a turn; meanwhile, I'll be over here, digging through legends and planning what to do.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2023, 07:10:30 pm »

I love a succession game that plays around with standard succession rules!

I'd like a turn; meanwhile, I'll be over here, digging through legends and planning what to do.

Adding you to the list.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2023, 11:58:58 am »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Starting 1084

One-humped camels roamed the surface as the dwarves found spring had sprung.  Kind of.  Not much had changed on the surface.  And of course nothing had changed underground.

There was a thief detected at one point.  But they escaped before anything could do anything about it.  Funny enough the thief failed to steal also.

Then another thief appeared.  A Kobold.  Two of the dwarves, Whick and Snick, were formed into the Prairies of Turquoise, armed, and sent out to kill it.

In fact there was TWO Kobolds running around.  One escaped.  The other did not.  And a silver dagger was recovered.

By mid Spring a tiny hospital had been created and the cook, Quee, was now the Chief Medical Dwarf.

And piglets were born.  Lovely.  More meat in the long run.

While everybody was busy they HAD completed making some toys for export. 

They were unlikely to get a lot for the toys.  But the idea of the first shipment being send out did cheer a few of them up. 

It was also decided to make a above ground farming plot for some of the seeds collected that could not grow underground.  Strawberrys and potatoes would be a welcome addition to the food stock.

And the aboveground plants were also useful for brewing.

And by late spring chicks had hatched.  So more nest boxes were placed in their pen.  Rock hives were also ordered to be made as wild honey bees had been sighted on the surface.  Mead and honey would be nice.

Then summer came.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2023, 08:06:59 pm »

In fact there was TWO Kobolds running around.  One escaped.  The other did not.  And a silver dagger was recovered.

dust for fingerprints, maybe we can determine which crime boss sent the goons in

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2023, 02:40:13 am »

Poor kobolds don't know any better maybe one day they'll learn to not mess with dwarves' stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2023, 09:04:05 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - The BEES!

The new season did little to change things.  Doors were crafted, meals cooked, drinks brewed, and more rocks pulled out of the earth.

The bedrooms were ordered to be smoothed out and barracks were being designed.  Though nobody had started training yet. 

Then it was noticed that migrants had appeared on the edge of the outpost's territory.  What the heck were they doing here?!?!

Seven of them.  With a yak calf.

The Leader ordered the calf pastured on the surface while new bedrooms were to be dug out.

As the outpost tried to make the new comers welcomed some of the bee hives were placed on the surface and drawbridges were set up to act like a airlock.  To cut off the outpost from the surface if need be.

Soon summer ended.  And autumn arrived.  And the outpost waited for the Traders to come.  For only when the first toys were exported could they truly know victory.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2023, 08:43:13 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Toyland

With Autumn the Squad was expanded to six and two were assigned as training every month.

On the 11th of Linestone the dwarves cheered on hearing the caravan had been spotted.  And the female Goblin outpost liaison, Wina Nawoera, had also arrived.

The Leader ordered the toys to the Trade Depot and made the Bowyer, Dobar Amalbomrek, the new Broker.

Funny enough at the meeting one of the items the liaison had on the list of exports was toys.  Perfect!

On the surface the toys were traded for booze, seeds, food, and produce. 

The trading was done in small amounts.  Each one giving the traders some profit.  Which seemed to please them.

As this was happening a Temple was finished and called the Dispersed Pit.  Where everybody could come and pray to whatever they wanted.

As the dwarves tried to get things into some kind of order MORE migrants arrived on the 28th of Limestone.  Seven more.  With a reindeer calf, a horse foal, a lamb, and a blue peachick.

More bedrooms were dug out.

It was decided that, while the traders were still hanging around, to trade some of the freshly made toys for some logs.  If there was any available.  They had two. 

They soon left on their journey back to the homemountains.

But the settlers were happy.  Making toys could make them a good profit and make them famous!

And more piglets were being born.

Then the yak calf had gown into a adult bull.  And of course was killed and chopped up to be put on the menu.

Walls were smoothed out and engraved.  The settlement was becoming a home.

Even the menu had expanded.  From rye beer biscuits to strawberry plant biscuits and even hen egg stew.  Then there was the booze.  Dwarven ale, potato wine, strawberry win, and pickle berry wine just to name a few choices.     

It was going all very well.

The Leader also ordered a bridge be built over the nearby stream.  Or river.  Or whatever it was.  Then winter came.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2023, 08:16:16 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Mission Completed

The first action taken during the new season was the foal, which had become an adult, was slaughtered.

By mid winter the bridge was over.  The bedrooms were complete.  And the next order of toys were being created.

And so we end the story.  As the outpost was now known as the hamlet.  The Abbey of Crafts was on its way to glory.

======================================

And so I pass on the save file.  I believe Brewer Bob is next!  And at least the seven dwarves from Snow White live in this world!  Buwahahahahahahahaha!

By the way there are a bunch of statues of different individuals at the Abbey.  So if you ever find it you might find a statue related to your turn.

Please remember we are still using 47_5

Save File - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16353

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2023, 08:40:49 pm »

Nice! Now we just need Snow White...

And so I pass on the save file.  I believe Brewer Bob is next!

Agh! I'm currently having a turn (probably a longer one again) in Waterlures, so if possible, could my turn be moved several notches down? But if there's no others able to take it, I could try to squeeze some time for it in the following days...

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2023, 09:04:33 pm »

Agh! I'm currently having a turn (probably a longer one again) in Waterlures, so if possible, could my turn be moved several notches down? But if there's no others able to take it, I could try to squeeze some time for it in the following days...

I will move your name down and send AvolitionBrit a alert that he is up next!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28