Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30091 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2023, 08:37:18 am »

Searching the hamlet sounds safer than messing with a dark pit, so I say find the people of the hamlet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2023, 08:52:55 am »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Army Of Darkness

Snow White, after eating another meal and drinking some water, searched the hall for any books or any clues about the history of the Severity of Virtue.  Which was the name of the building.

While there were a few books, which she read, none had any knowledge that she needed.

The Book of The Mountain Halls and Record of a Goblin were boring books.  On the other had she found a helm and a shield!

And she also picked up a large round yellow zircon cabochon.

She went back to check out the Hamlet. 

Metdikes had houses.   Not ruins.  Houses!

And human corpses started to rush out of the nearest one.  She pulled out her copper war hammer and prepared to fight!

Even as the hammer went to work and the animals attacked, slowly overwhelming the undead, Snow White noticed out of the corner of her eyes more undead approaching.

Her animals spread out, the idiots, to attack the corpses.  She realized she needed to flee.

So she ran away.  She hoped her animals would follow but she didn’t look back and planned to go back to the hall.  Maybe they would find her there.

She stopped at the river to refill her skins and take a drink.

At the hall she found her horse and one of the dogs.  And more undead!

After killing the corpses she fled the area.  She realized the roaming bands she had noticed since arriving in the area must have been the undead.

She went to the nearest river to recover.  Only the horse and one dog showed up.

She took a bath and drank from the river.   As the dog went and attacked some local wildlife Snow pondered what to do next.

The treasure seemed out of the question at this point.  Maybe dealing with a normal army would be easier?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Found the people.  Kind of.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:38:27 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2023, 09:38:10 am »

Damn, that's always a scary experience when undead barge out of houses and your adventurer is still inexperienced and ill-equipped. I've lost more than a couple characters that way...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2023, 02:31:02 am »

Well I guess that explains where the people were.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2023, 01:39:34 pm »

I am starting to see why my sites have been wiped out or fought over.  Too many god damn vampires..er....undead.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2023, 01:42:44 pm »

This is the world of bones, what did you expect  :P
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2023, 02:31:58 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Worthless Dead Ravens

Snow White, now clean and well fed, decided to try to find the army that she had been told about.

She also needed more food.  And there were fat ravens living by the river.  If she could kill a few.

After killing three birds, and making a sharp rock to cut them up with, it turned out they were too small to butcher.

For some reason, maybe because of a accidentally strike during the fight, the dog was attacking the horse.

She grabbed the dog to keep it under control and headed east.

Even with nightfall she refused to stop till she was at the hillock of Claspeddoor.

Needing to eat, drink, and sleep, she kept control of the dog, the horse was no where to be seen, and headed towards the Castle Mound to ask for shelter.

She found a mound full of dwarfs who seemed friendly and were willing to share the space.   Maybe they remembered her first visit?

She ate, drank, and went to sleep.

Of course she woke up in the middle of the night, had some food, drank some water, and went back to sleep.

When morning she was still hungry but decided to skip breaking her fast to try to find the army.

She went outside, in the morning sun and the clear sky, and checked her map to see if it could tell her where Quietfigure was.

The Quietfigure, which was a Fortress, was beyond the pits and the undead and the Dark Fortress.  Not someplace she wanted to go to.  Maybe she should return to the Castle Mound and ask them about THEIR own troubles?

OR take the long way around to get to Quietfigure?  The map suggested a long river.  That would be interesting to see….maybe.  And it would supply her with fresh water while she travelled.

But did she want to go all that way to get into a fight with an army?  Or find the place already taken over by invaders? 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 03:45:04 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2023, 04:03:03 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World -  So The Journey Starts

Snow White flipped a dog to decide.  As the dog landed on its back it was a journey to Quietfigure then!

She sighed and headed to the river to top off her skins, and to top off herself, and eat a meal before heading northwest to try to bypass the pits and the undead patrols.

There was a mountain range, the southern point which she had seen, but now she had to go around the northern side of it.

As the sun started to lower, and her tummy growls, Snow White found the Hillocks of Girderact as she turned around the northern tip of the range.  In the Hills of Labyrinths.

As she approached the mounds she stopped to eat and drink.  She wanted her stomach under control before talking to…whoever lived in the hillocks.

She pulled out her war hammer.  Just in case.

Before she could enter a mound a monk came walking along one of the roads.  She greeted them and tried to gain some knowledge of the place.

Sadly the monk, named Rovod Tarmidudil was less than helpful.  As Rovod was also a visitor.

So she asked the monk a fe questions about itself.

She learned very little.  She decided to move on.  There was nothing here to learn.  She headed northwest out of the hillocks.  Well, northwestish.  It turned out she had NOT reached the northern tip of the mountain range.  There was a LOT of mountains to go!

Soon night came and she had to stop in the middle of nowhere to start a campfire, eat a meal, and go to sleep.  Funny enough she did not feel the need to eat or drink.  But the fire made her feel a little less lonely.  And the dog helped too.

And she went to sleep.

She woke up in the middle of the night, hungry, thirsty, and finding the fire went out.  She restarted it, drank from one of her skins, and ate some eagle meat.  She then went back to sleep.

She peeked at the map the next morning, with the sun already high over the eastern horizon, as she prepared to move on. 

She realized she would have to continue to move north, follow the mountains, to get around the massive mountain range.

She hoped her food and water lasted long enough.

By afternoon she was just turning around to the west and noticed patrols and a building or complex.  She stopped to have a meal, drink some water, and prepare to try to sneak past whatever was in front of her.  While she pondered how to do this she picked some lettuce she found growing in the forest.  She ate one leaf.  She also found a pond of water.  But it was stagnant.

Still, a skin of stagnant was better than no water…right?

But she could not make herself drink it and she emptied the skin.  Still, she collected more lettuce.  She was running out of eagle meat.

She also examined the pond.  None of the water was something she could drink.  Still, it was interesting so see how many trees grew there and to see so much water in one place.  Turnips and grape vines also covered the forest floor.  This place, on her map, was called the Hills of Velvet.  Kind of made sense,.

So…how well would she do in bypassing the dangers ahead?  Or was she overthinking it?  Maybe the patrols were civil folks trying to protect their settlements?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

1 to 3 to stay and ask questions.  4 to 6 to walk to Quietfigure.    Rolled a 5.  A long walk it is.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2023, 07:59:55 pm »

I wondered when the lettuce would become relevant.

ah. I recall when I first started playing adventure how one of my characters died of dehydration after I stupidly tried to cross some gigantic mountain range or another. very rarely do eating / drinking mechanics enhance the realism of a game but I feel like DF is an exception. perhaps cataclysm dda as well. tedious and expensive, just like real life  :P

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2023, 08:54:30 am »

I wondered when the lettuce would become relevant.

ah. I recall when I first started playing adventure how one of my characters died of dehydration after I stupidly tried to cross some gigantic mountain range or another. very rarely do eating / drinking mechanics enhance the realism of a game but I feel like DF is an exception. perhaps cataclysm dda as well. tedious and expensive, just like real life  :P

You do have to stop and gather food or hunt.  It does make you worry about supplies and water sources.  Good stuff.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2023, 11:52:38 am »

The World Of Bones - Succession World -  Being Sneaky

Snow White collected some more lettuce before moving on to try to sneak around the patrols.

After another sip from her skin she made a run to get pass the complex and patrols.

By nightfall she was heading southwest on the other side of the range.   She stopped to eat, drink, and sleep.

She woke up in the middle of the night, had a meal and some water, and went back to sleep.

In the morning she had a lettuce leaf, grabbed the dog, and headed southwest.  She would need water soon.

After dodging a few sites she found the river on her map.  One that went in the correct direction to boot.

She refilled the skins, drank til she was full, and ate the last of the eagle meat.  Then she went searching for plants or herbs she could eat.  Found some red spinach which had leaves she could eat.  She picked as many as she could as she followed the river south.

By nightfall she had full skins and lots of spinach leaves in her pack.  She made a fire and went to sleep.

Of course she woke in the middle of the night, had another leaf, some water, went back to sleep on the cold sandy ground after restarting the fire.

When morning came she went to the river, refilled the skins, drank deeply, and moved south with the lone dog.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2023, 07:18:32 pm »

all this leaf eating. . . dont forget your vitamins

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2023, 08:43:57 pm »

all this leaf eating

It's quite annoying that you can't gather the same stuff in Adventure mode than in Fort mode, so you end up only picking leaves and hope they're EDIBLE_RAW.  :'(

...Fortunately it's quite easy to fix (though tedious) by adding growths to the plants. And it's one of the changes you can do after world gen (but I can't confirm it's 100% safe even though I've never had issues).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2023, 04:23:39 am »

It's weird that you can't eat somethings in adventure mode, I remember once that the game wouldn't let me eat a bit of cheese I found, I was very disappointed that all I could do is lick it.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2023, 06:34:57 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Goblins!

Snow White continued in a southwest-south direction while keeping an eye on the river to the west.  In case she needed water or maybe food she could gather or hunt down.

Funny enough, she found a lake, and went to drink from it and look for food while it rained.

As she explored the shore she heard water fowl.  She did find some spinach to eat.

As she left the lake and moved south, and southwest, she came across another lake and stopped to search for more food.

Also the sun was getting lower in the sky and she wanted a place near the water to camp.

As she searched she found, and attacked, some hippos.  But they escaped into the waters of the lake.

She found, and attacked, another herd of hippos but they ran away.  Cheats.

She picked a clear area near the lake, started a campfire, and went to sleep.

She woke up in the middle of the night, ate a meal, drank some water, and went back to sleep.

When morning came she had breakfast, more spinach and water, refilled the skins, and went south towards Quietfigure.

She had found the Fortress.   Or at least the entrance.  And it seemed hard to move.   Like she was walking through thick mud.

Then she heard a LOT of noise from inside the nearest building.

“Crap!” she said as she pondered if to flee or to pull out her hammer.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28