Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30068 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2023, 09:01:33 pm »

Quite a few goblins standing up there.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2023, 03:12:02 am »

twenty dwarfbucks on the narrow-eyed mechanic

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2023, 03:45:22 am »

Sure are a lot of people standing up at once, wonder if they all woke up at the same time or something weird.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2023, 07:47:44 am »

Sure are a lot of people standing up at once, wonder if they all woke up at the same time or something weird.
Everybody's crowding at the bar, the drinks are to die for ;)

/s. I'm guessing the tavern is beyond packed, so patrons end up standing on top of one another. Happens often, from my adventuring experience, especially when goblins are involved.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2023, 08:42:47 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Stupid Time!

Snow White was finding it hard to move.  Very hard.  Like the air had thickened around her.

She pondered trying to withdraw and, maybe, approaching the Fortress from another direction?

“Why…is this…so hard?” she grunted as she tried to move forward with the hammer in her hands.

So she turned around, left the Fortress, and tried to approach it from the east.

That didn’t work either.

So she went south, outside the road system, and tried to approach it again.

Nope.

She went outside the road system and it was still weird.  Like she was trying to move against a river of time in an ocean of space.

“This is silly,” Snow complained to the dog.  “What in the World of Bones is going on?”

--------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

How many goblins does it take, in one Fortress, to tank my FPS?   I think the tavern isn’t the only thing packed with goblins.   I think the whole Fortress might be full.  I know my laptop is tiny but it has NEVER done this before.  I inch forward after a few minutes hitting the keys. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2023, 05:10:15 am »

Some many goblins they break the flow of time, It is terrifying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2023, 11:20:03 am »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Good Old Fashion Exploring

Snow White decided to give up on Quietfigure, go to the nearest civilized settlement, and ask what the heck was going on?

By the time she reached the river night had fallen.  And it was raining.

“Darn it!” she said as she looked for someplace to start a fire and maybe stay dry?

She found a tree and started a fire.  She ate a meal, drank some water, and went to sleep with the hope that the tree would not burn and fall on her.

Of course she woke up in the night, ate another piece of lettuce and drank some water, then went back to sleep.

She woke up when the sun showed up, grabbed the dog, ate some more lettuce, drank from water from her skins and went to find a river to refill them.  And maybe find something to gather for food.  And it was still raining.

Now she wanted to find the nearest town.  That had living people.  No dead ones.

She followed the river east.

She ended up camping again near the river and not too happy with the camp site.

Too many unknown structures near her.  Were they tombs?  Temples?   Forts full of undead?

Same old same old, went to sleep after lighting a fire, woke up, ate a meal, drank some water, went back to sleep.

When sun was shining she had breakfast, grabbed the dog and headed northward.  There was a settlement someplace up here.  She had passed a few on the way down.

And she was right.  A hamlet named Blossomedtoes.  While here she would ask questions and….likely steal food from the fields.

Would the people be normal?   Would they be undead?   Would they be rude?

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2023, 03:12:19 am »

Some many goblins they break the flow of time, It is terrifying.
I've checked the 1053 Legends export; way back then, QuietFigure was listed at 2,274 goblins and 20 humans. "Enough goblins to break the flow of time" is pretty accurate.

BlossomedToes (and its neighboring hamlet, LivingApes) is listed as being completely surrounded by monasteries; 15 of them in total. I presume those are the structures Snow White is passing by.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2023, 02:09:42 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Urge To Kill….

Snow White first explore the fields.  The fields had been prepared not seeded No food there.

She continued to search.  And found a statue.

A marble statue of a human encircled by other humans.   She had no idea what was happening.

She moved on, moving closer to the buildings, while looking for food.  Or anything that could be useful.

She found a herd of horses.   Maybe they belonged to the hamlet?   Of course she decided to murder one if she could.

They all ran away when she tried to kill them.  Stupid horses.

As she crossed the bridge and drank from the river she did find and collect some spinach. 

Then she decided to head straight for the buildings and put her hammer away.  Just in case the populace was friendly.

She entered what seemed to be a very crowded house.  Full of humans.  She quickly greeted the nearest and asked the normal questions.

Boring.

Less boring?

Not Quietfigure again!  She decided to focus on the missing treasure.

Oh no.  Now she would have to find somebody to ask about where somebody is to find somebody who may, or may not, have a object somebody else wanted!

Snow White sighed.  Looks like she would have to question everyone.

After much worthless talking she decided nobody in the house knew anything.  Maybe she needed to find the Mead Hall or City Hall?

So she left the building and started to explore again.

Going north she found the Cinder of Safety and approached.   And goblins poured out.

Snow White was surprised and failed to pull out her hammer.  But they seemed too busy running away.  Something about fighting?

She moved towards the building and, yeah, somebody was trying to murder the goblins.

Snow White pulled out her hammer and moved forward.  She entered the hall.   It was full of blood and body parts.  Seems one of the goblins were trying to kill everybody.

She tried to talk to the goblin and calm it down.  Nothing worked.  It even shouted at her that SHE should calm down.

She withdrew from the door and stepped outside.   She had no idea how the fight had started and who was fighting who.   

Should she join in?  Wait it out?  Claim the site for herself after they had killed each other?!?!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 02:11:26 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2023, 12:22:47 am »

your modifications to pronouns and genders seems to have resulted in wonky sentences, but it adds to the general hilarity. . "I attacked me only a few hours ago!" ? ? ? lol

getting stabbed in the foot oof. while other games might have you perform a specialized 'hamstring' attack . . in DF you have many creative options for a crippling strike. here, it appears the NPC's have taken to such rogueish maneuvers

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2023, 08:51:14 am »

your modifications to pronouns and genders seems to have resulted in wonky sentences, but it adds to the general hilarity. . "I attacked me only a few hours ago!" ? ? ? lol

I think I've seen this happen in vanilla DF adventure mode? (Or perhaps I just remember the wording wrong...)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2023, 06:08:09 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Where Do I Store My Map?

Snow White decided to try to stop the slaughter and entered the building.

Funny enough while everybody inside the hall was still freaking nobody seemed to be fighting anymore.

Snow White put away her hammer and approached the Lord of the Hall.  Or at least the person who seemed to be the Lord.

Snow White rolled her eyes but asked about the bandits.

Of course the bandits were using a monastery as a hideout.  Seemed to be a habit all the bandits used.

Snow White went outside to check on her map.  The hall was too loud and messy.  Body parts and blood all over. 

Bodicewheat was not that far to the northeast.  Would only take some backtracking and then exploring new lands.

Snow White sighed and rolled up the map and put it away.   “Well, more walking….”

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2023, 10:33:44 pm »

I think I've seen this happen in vanilla DF adventure mode? (Or perhaps I just remember the wording wrong...)
Yeah, that's vanilla, non-historcial-figures all hav their hist-fig-id set to -1. So when a non-hist-fig attacks another it result in an event of "-1 attacked -1" which matches their own hist-fig-id.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2023, 04:24:12 am »

Reminds me of the time I went into a market that was filled with dingo men all saying "In a time before time I attacked me." over and over again.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2023, 10:09:49 am »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Honey Badger!

So, Snow White figured the best way to head towards Bodicewheat was to follow the river part of the way.  It would supply her with fresh water and maybe spinach.  Too bad she didn’t know how to fish or set traps to capture bigger animals.

When the sun was low in the sky she ate some spinach, drank from the river, and made a fire.  Sadly she had found no source of new food.  Outside of some ravens which she knew would be too small to butcher.

Of course she woke up in the middle of the night - early morning really - and ate some spinach and drank more water.  Then went back to sleep after restarting the fire.

She slept two more hours and then was off again.  After checking the map.

She headed east from the river.  There would be another river on the way to Bodicewheat.  Likely the same river.  It did twist and turn a lot.  On the way there she kept an eye open for food and did gather some more spinach.

Sadly, there was a long section between the two rivers which had nothing.  It WAS The Desert of Equaling after all.

She did encounter some ostriches but they moved too fast for her to even think of attacking them for their meat.

At one point a badger ran up, attacked her dog, and then ran off.

Snow White was too slow to do anything about it and refused to let go of the dog.  The dog wasn’t in good shape.

Then the badger came rushing back and this time, as it attacked the dog, she attacked it. 
By the time the badger was killed Nil, the dog, was  worse shape.

Snow White butchered the corpse of the badger, picked up seven pieces of meat, and moved on.

There wasn’t much else to see.   Some birds of prey, a few desert animals, sand.

She finally made it to the second river.  Or the first one just changing directions.  And washed off the blood and vomit from the badger fight.  At least she was closer to Bodicewheat.

As she moved northeast she found a hamlet named Hazystoked.

She checked her map again to see where Bodicewheat in relation to the hamlet.  It seemed to be due east from the settlement.

She finally approached what she thought might be the site.   She walked towards the first building.  What would she find?

An empty building was NOT what she thought she would find.   She would need to explore the site more and find the bandits. 

Would they put up a fight?  Would they run away?  Were they a tourist trap?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28