Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30090 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #360 on: April 11, 2023, 01:07:39 pm »

Downloading. Time to see whats happening in the world of bones.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2023, 02:05:24 am »

Another legendary animal in the World of Bones, it seems. A duck, a cavy pup and were there some others? Maybe a fort dedicated to the worship and preservation of the history of these legendary creatures is in order?
I like the sound of a museum dedicated to all the legendary animals in the world.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2023, 08:14:40 am »

Another legendary animal in the World of Bones, it seems. A duck, a cavy pup and were there some others? Maybe a fort dedicated to the worship and preservation of the history of these legendary creatures is in order?
I like the sound of a museum dedicated to all the legendary animals in the world.

A museum would be easy.  Find a stone level, smooth out rooms, engrave each room with events and adventures of a Hero, maybe place a few statues of that Hero in certain stages of their life, and so on.  As long as the animals gained names from their actions they should be easy to find within the historial records and, therefore, the artists should have no problem making statues of them or engraving their stories on the walls.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 22, 2023, 09:21:19 am »

I hope the ducks didn't take over..... :D

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 22, 2023, 06:30:00 pm »

it wouldn't be the first time ducks attacked Avolition.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2023, 09:21:29 pm »

Question - Should I pick up the last save and start my turn or wait for AvolitionBrit?  I know he has been busy and he may have played his turn and just not had time to post a report.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 26, 2023, 02:21:11 am »

I would just go for it!~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2023, 02:22:42 am »

I'd PM AvolitionBrit first.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2023, 07:24:08 am »

Ah i see my turn has been up. I did some fort stuff mostly. Will upload soon.

Here - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16600
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 09:07:55 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2023, 08:34:25 pm »

Got the save file and have a wild idea I want to try.    ;D

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2023, 02:04:09 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Nice Goblin

Holmes of Knowledge was a male goblin of the net and the rode, a peaceful fisherman, who lived in Tanlancers and was a citizen of the Cudgel of Time.  Tanlancers was a dwarven monastery controlled by the New Merchant of Anguishing.  Only a few dozen live in the monastery.

He was on the thin side with extremely long carmine colored hair and sunken red eyes.  While thin he had a lot of muscles.  His ears were broad as was his head.  His skin was a pine green.

But that is where he, and most goblins, parted ways.  For he was a believer in the rule of law, that truth was inviolable, and tradition must be maintained at all costs!

He was a weirdo from the point of view of other goblins.

One day he decided to find out the burning question.  Why were the goblins slowly dying out?

Time for an adventure!

So he grabbed his equipment.

And his four dogs and the donkey.  But before leaving he needed a starting point.  Where would he go first?

Maybe the others would know where to point him?  But first maybe he should ask the gods first?

He grabbed the die at the foot of the statue.  The statue was just a bunch of humans.  History which he had no interest it. He rolled the die.

Wow.  That was rude.

So he went to find the others.

Funny enough the others were not goblins or dwarfs, they were all humans.  Boring, somewhat ugly, humans.  He picked Ugrad Egaciro, the axeman, to talk to.

There wasn’t much to talk about.  But there was armies and a missing treasure.  Armies...well, wars could be the cause of his people’s decreasing numbers.

That sounded…interesting.  He asked about Terrorhead.  Or where it was anyway.

Of course the answer was not pleasing to him.  Great.  So he tried a different question.

No helpful either.   He asked about the treasure.

It would allow him to meet other goblins if he found the copper axe and returned it.  But the human have a clue on where the thief was!

So he went out and flipped a dog.  East it was!

...or he could go back inside and ask where Mopfocuses was and ask information from the people who had been at the scene of the crime?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s OOC Note:

Rolled a four sided die.

1= East
2=West
3=South
4=North

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2023, 02:31:54 pm »

Ah, nice to see some good old fashioned dog flipping again!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 30, 2023, 02:17:35 am »

Dog flipping is a tradition that knows no boundaries in the world of bones as it seems to be the one bit of knowledge that appears in different regions of the world.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2023, 07:25:06 am »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Trying To Find The Scene Of The Crime

Holmes went back into the building with the humans.  But none could answer his questionS on where Mopfocuses was.

So east it was!

Sadly, the map showed no signs of any cities or settlements to the east.  Structures, yes.  But they could be tombs for all he knew.

He decided to follow the river northwards.  Surely he would find a town along the waters?

And it worked.  Kind of.  There was a settlement to the east of the river built along another river.

The map said the place was a hamlet called Shackknit.  Also known as Dakpika in the native tongue.

The buildings were abandoned and the houses ruined.  Where were the people?

Maybe he should find the city hall or mead hall?  Find somebody to talk to.

Then he found it.  The Knights of Coloring.  There seemed to be two humans in the hall.

He asked them if they knew where Mopfocuses was.  They didn’t have a clue.  In fact they knew nothing about the crime or the goblins.  Or anything dealing with the event.  This was becoming tiresome.  He would have to continue his search.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2023, 05:58:51 pm »

I think I am most impressed by how desolate and similar looking all corners of this land are. It is rare to see anything other than wasteland and a thin stream supporting the barest of existences. The few forests I have discovered in my own explorations are thinly stretched and far from civilized lands.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28