Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30077 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2023, 05:23:18 pm »

Been afk for a while. Caught up, you finally made it to endtown. The home of finest duck statues. Trying to recall if I encounted this dwarf coffin corpse. I know a few would visit the temples on the site. I recall an intelligent undead bark scorpion woman was frequenting the temples along with other intelligent undead.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Players Wanted!
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2023, 01:00:52 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - The End

Holmes decided to explore more.  He was in the tavern but where was the rest of Endtown?

Then he noticed the stairways and headed over to them.  He went up and explored the empty hallways and rooms.  At least it seemed empty.  Most didn’t seem to have any chairs, tables, or anything.

After checking out the upper floor he realized the building was just a tavern.  He still wasn’t IN the Fortress.  If there was one.

So Holmes went outside and explored some more.  He found a lot of logs on the ground but the thick air was making it hard to get around.  Maybe there was something else near the tavern?  A ramp or something he had missed?

In the end, between the thick air and the fact he was finding nothing of else he decided to claim the site, and the cats, his own.

And so Holmes retired to Endtown to name all the cats and see if the tavern had any booze left that had not been looted.

=====================================

And I feel this where the game will end.  I think I should move onto the Steam version though I will upload the save for future players or just those interested in seeing what has happened to their characters and settlements.  Also just moving around Endtown was killing my laptop.  But I am thinking about moving on to Steam and seeing if I can't make a interesting story there.  With some mods.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2023, 04:05:33 pm »

wonderful! the end of an era. . hopefully you find the steam version fitting and dont be afraid to pm me with questions, ive got most of the answers for working past any new ui confusion. thanks for hosting and letting me (no doubt) lag the world save with my very strange and tonally-dissonant megaprojects  :)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 24, 2023, 01:17:18 am »

Ending the game at the tavern at the end of the earth seems like a fitting place to end the story of The World of Bones.

I still haven't tried the new version of the game, mostly because I prefer adventure mode and also because I'm not sure I'm liking the idea of a mouse being require to play the game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 24, 2023, 01:29:36 am »

I too wish to claim all the cats as my own one day...

This has been fun to follow, thanks for it!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]