Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: FEF: Seven Wishes of Hanako Saihara IC Thread: Ch 1: The Speechless Singer  (Read 12910 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Seven Wishes of Hanako Saihara IC Thread: Ch 1: The Speechless Singer
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2023, 11:52:14 pm »

"Well, while you're trying to figure it out, I think we should all sit down and have some udon." Minato replied, "It's possible that a nice meal will help you to figure it out."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2023, 05:32:22 am »

Yayoi feels a light slap around the back of her head.
Please don't exorcise me. I'd rather like it if I could figure out why I came back first.

Then Takeo talks.

I see you guys really fell apart without me and Satoshi holding the fort, huh?

Well, she did feel some kind of light breeze past somewhere around the back of her head. It wasn't really much but it was probably some kind of signal to stop.

"Ehe-he-heh", she chuckled nervously as though it really didn't matter.

"I didn't stop being me." Minato replied to Takeo, "Come on, I wasn't going to believe in spirits forever."

"A shame.", came a faint nearly-inaudible mumble in response. "I kinda liked them too..." Well, sounded like everyone else had their own reasons for drifting apart. It wasn't her place to comment anyway. It was fine. Really, it was. She still had her own fantasies to hide in. Like she'd been for the last two years...

"Well, now that that's settled, we should get to cooking." Minato replied, "Anything specific anyone wants? I don't know what's in the fridge so I make no promises, but I can try."

Which incidentally, she might have been endulging a little too much in. The meeting was over before she could really work up the nerve to say much. What she'd managed to get out of it was that Kousei seemed to want to say something, which needed another meeting tomorrow. "Okay.", Yayoi murmured "Um, I-I should take a look too." Maybe there's some yummy maitake mushrooms in the pantry somewhere.

The next day...

She'd ended up... a little lost. Well, lost enough to arrive late to Uncle Honda's, anyway. Well, late enough to only catch the back of a certain someone...infamous wandering away from the rest of the group.

"W-was that the denpa mistress?" Yayoi had sounded slightly bewildered, using her own nickname for Amagi Chizuru. Wonder what she came out here for. Well, before she can worry about that, she may as well greet everyone else. "Um, h-hi, everyone. Hi, Kousei. I-is, um, Yelena coming too?"

"Well, while you're trying to figure it out, I think we should all sit down and have some udon." Minato replied, "It's possible that a nice meal will help you to figure it out."

"Ooh! That sounds like a plan! I'll have some creamy mushroom udon, thanks! Darkness-flavoured!" By which she'd meant with a lot of soy sauce but darkness had sounded quite a great deal cooler. Well, that wasn't the important bit, anyway. The key was the mushrooms. Always the mushrooms!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:41:22 am by ctsun »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2023, 09:17:17 am »

Kogen was rather silent and in the background during all this. She recognized a few things and faces here and there, but it dawned more and more on her just how much two years of absence could change everything.

"... That's definitely a weird start to visiting Honda's joint again after all that time."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2023, 05:53:05 pm »

Satoshi thinks carefully.
"I have an idea. Kou-kun, do you have any idea where Akasaka or Honma are?"

Akasaka? She should be at home. Honma's at the library at school. He's looking up everything he can find on Abnormalities. Apparently there's a bunch of legends and folklore books about them in Iwatodai.

Satoshi turns to the others.
"I recommend we split up. Some of us stay with Kousei here and figure out what it is he might be going through. Some of us go find Akasaka and some of us go and find Honma, and see what they know. They're closer to Kou-kun than most of us are, so they might have some idea. Should be about an hour, maybe two, and then we can meet back here and figure out what's what?"

"Oh, and you just assume I'm coming with you, then? Scandalous."

"Well, you are my summer beast, so I'm kinda stuck with you."

"We'll see, Satoshi."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 04:39:48 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2023, 07:20:10 pm »

"I'll head to the library to see Honma then. I've got to return some scripts anyway."

"But first... noodles!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2023, 11:19:21 pm »

"You ought to stay here, Satoshi. I'll go wherever Minato goes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2023, 03:23:18 pm »

"I'm happy to go wherever I'm needed," Minato replied, "but I think we should wait for Ran to arrive, or at least talk to her over text about how we're splitting up. Make sure that everyone has a say in where they go."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2023, 03:48:39 pm »

"I'll stick with Kousei-kun. It's been a while, so me running around town in a hurry might not be the wisest thing. Plus I can't solely rely on you guys to catch up on town matters here, so might as well have a chat with him."
"Also... I did some training earlier this morning and since I'm already here... Yaasa ru maasaru, ahahaha!"

An Okinawan proverb that you remember well since Kogen used to say it a lot. It means that food is the best when one is hungry.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2023, 08:41:38 pm »

"Um, I-I can go find Yelena if we, um, really need to."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2023, 05:49:12 am »

"Wait for me for what?" After glancing around as if she was checking for something (or that someone had left), Ran joined the rest of the group without much fanfare.

"Let's say I overheard everything," she said, not particularly bothering to explain. "Since Satoshi and Kogen are staying here, I'll talk to Akasaka with Yayoi. Shouldn't you stay with Kousei too since you know him, Minato?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2023, 05:56:56 pm »

"Well, Kogen and Satoshi are already planning to stay here, and I don't think we need three people just to stay here," Minato replied, "and since you're going with Yayoi, that means Takeo and I should go to the library with Kaya."

"I also need to make sure that no one tries anything with Takeo again." he thought.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2023, 01:31:24 am »

"Sounds good. I won't smoke in the library."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2023, 04:38:50 pm »

"Sounds good. I won't smoke in the library."
"You better don't, it'll just stunt your growth!"

Said by the somewhat shorter martial artist.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2023, 02:54:35 am »

"Says the one person in our group responsible for me not being the shortest."

Takeo smiled slightly after he said it though, to show he meant no harm.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2023, 08:07:39 am »

"Haha! Just means this compact powerhouse has easier access to all the things that would hurt you the most."

She gave Takeo a playful bump of her fist against his right arm.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12