- 0 (0%)
Titans
- 0 (0%)
Vault Guardians
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 04, 2022, 09:24:51 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The End of Dwarfdom  (Read 36100 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile

This is their description, as for artwork. Let me give an attempt but feel free if anyone wants to draw this beast of a man. Who can send trolls flying with one punch.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm setting up the group now and plotting our course! Here's some logical rules I'm thinking

1. I'll post a weekly update on what is going on
You've got 1 week to respond and let me know how you want your characters to respond or react

2. You can highlight your text green to indicate you are talking or acting in character and I'll interpret your statement as it is literally stated

3. Before we enter combat you can tell me how you wanna play in combat, but otherwise you'll just have to trust me with your character.
Example: "I'd like to hang back, but once the enemy is engaged with my allies I wanna flank them"

4.Even if you don't have a character you can still contribute. Your voice will just influence me as shared DM and controller of npcs(the game itself also shares the role with me). Players are the only ones who will control their characters!

Any other ideas we should include? If any of my rule ideas sound bad feel free to say so!
Also Avolition Kivish is on the front page with some pretty artwork now! got it from the dfwiki for rhino people

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man the hype is building!

Also I can't think of anything to add and everything looks good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About ready to launch.
Character building stuff though

@teaking character gen in dwarf civs only lets you use crossbows. If it works what I'll do is compensate by investing in the archery tree so when you run into a bow and arrows you can switch and be good with it

@King Zultan deer men are only available in elven civs which means wood armor. Does that work? We can make looking for proper metal armor an early on goal if so lol. EDIT: Actually deer men are too big for even human sized armor so we are in a pickle on that one. Suppose I could dfhack some gear onto you!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:22:41 am by Maloy »

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile

Switching sounds fine, but considering that crossbows are quite heavy, theyre very useful for crushing people who get too close, so i'll probably stick to them if i have the adequate strength to not be slowed down too much by its weight

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@King Zultan deer men are only available in elven civs which means wood armor. Does that work? We can make looking for proper metal armor an early on goal if so lol. EDIT: Actually deer men are too big for even human sized armor so we are in a pickle on that one. Suppose I could dfhack some gear onto you!
Dang I forgot about them not being able to wear human armour, I'd like the metal armour if it isn't to much trouble.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Consider this session 0 of our new campaign!
I got your gear for you Zultan! I had the create armor lines for dfhack saved for a long time for this sort of situation.
None of you have to respond to the green text. I can shoehorn you into the next scene this just gives you the chance to pull yourself into this.
You're all on the front page now!

Character Information:

Grugni:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glorg:

Hal Bristletrade:

Egem:

Burt:

Lore Context and Recent History: (Optional)

You are nearing the Castle of Dawnedhop which is one of the few military settlements of the Notched Union and it's capital. It is modestly stationed. Searches of new visitors have been postponed due to the large influx of visitors from various races and nations. A great call for the world's bravest adventurers has been made. Wealth and glory for those who succeed! All activity seems to draw itself to the main keep.

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/apetruk/art/Castle-Gates-447664796

Questions for you to consider for an in-character response:
Do you know what is going on? Why are you here?
Do you wish to find anyone?
Do you encounter any of the other players?
How does this place and its busyness make you feel?
Where do you wish to go?

According to the game Hal Bristletrade has been living and working in this particular castle!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:24:26 am by Maloy »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The Party Sets Forth!
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2023, 07:30:20 pm »

Oh yeah I control Grugni I should play his out...

Grugni has been in the keep waiting for some time now. Although no longer shackled he is still under watch by two dwarven guards who hold his gear for him. He is incredibly uncomfortable around such a large gathering of people and chooses to remain perfectly still instead. Although the motley assortment of different creatures doesn't make him particularly uncomfortable. Even if he isn't familiar with all races present the caverns have far stranger creatures it's more about the quantity.

He motions for one of the guards to share a swig of plump helmet wine. He doesn't know what fate he will be sentenced to today, but at the very least no dwarf deserves to die sober...

He won't talk to anyone unprompted

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2023, 03:11:21 am »

It seems Burt left home with his training weapon instead of a real one, but I'm sure he can get a replacement from one of the random towns around.

He's here to get sent out to fight and make money at the same time.

He might have but with all the people around he probably wouldn't have noticed them.

He isn't bothered by it, because he's on a mission to get a mission.

Where do you wish to go?
Gotta go where the fights and money are.

Also why does my guy have a skirt kilt and a loin cloth, seems kind of redundant, you can dump the loin cloth.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2023, 10:36:49 am »

I always took loincloths as being underwear since dwarves always wear it regardless of presence of skirt, dress, leggings or pants

Yeah we'll definitely find some on the way lol between all the wars and the goblins getting Thanos'd by Avolition there's a lot of loot lying around this world

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2023, 11:50:00 am »

- Of course I know! I am here for Adventure. I cannot miss this wonderful Opportunity!

Do you wish to find anyone?
- I'd like to seek out anyone who can tell me more about this place since I am a newcomer here, other than that perhaps I could find some people to befriend.

- I might encounter them if i talk around enough.

- Sooo many people, from all over the world... Probably can't trust most of them, but who knows? maybe I could find a couple of good friends here...

Where do you wish to go?
- Nowhere in particular, i'll just wander/fly around, talk to people, and explore the place.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2023, 11:50:20 am »

Glorg is perfect brain, unlike rest of family. Glorg brain bring much wealth to village. But still we are from outside, still poor. So Glorg arrive in Adelaathira looking for money.

Glorg would like to approach the other characters, asking them to join his party in the quest for coin and reputation in the wider lands!

If they don't seem enthused, Glorg would show off his many copper spears and explain just how sharp they are, and how Glorg is prepared to kill any lowlander who gets in our way. Glorg was raised in the far north, fighting arboreal snow tigers and wild blood-bears, and fears no human or beast.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2023, 02:20:44 am »

I always took loincloths as being underwear since dwarves always wear it regardless of presence of skirt, dress, leggings or pants
You know now that you put it that way it makes perfect sense, probably should keep a hold of them then.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2023, 05:58:23 am »

Many of the so-called adventurers are put off by Glorg's advances. Perhaps he came on too strong or perhaps they are jealous of his spears? A kind guard points to the keep on the hill saying "Command will be giving a briefing for you all soon if you wish to wait in there"

When you run into Grugni at some point he is still confused as to what is happening and so slowly nods his head and says "Sure?"
The sight of a large barbarian waving spears around is very unique to him!

Egem's flight over the castle gives him a sweeping view of the area. The interior of the walls is empty of all, but a single keep on top of a hill. If an enemy army invaded they'd have a brutal ascent with arrow fire raining down on them. Efficient, but plain. Hopefully the keep has more services.

Your ability to fly is very impressive to other adventurers present and you've been noticed by many for that as well as your approachability. One of the random ones mentions that you will all likely have to form teams to accomplish whatever great deed is to come and that he wishes to recruit you!
At some point you and Glorg will most assuredly interact!

OOC:

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2023, 04:21:01 am »

Prologue

Having been given plenty of time to mingle and meet the other vastly inexperienced adventures and would-be heroes you would likely make your way into the main keep and run into more people waiting around and gauging one another.
Eventually a horn will sound in the main keep. If you or anyone are still outside the guards will politely ask you to enter the keep for the briefing.

What is your reaction to this? Have you had any riveting conversations thus far?

Source: Pillars of Eternity

A large man covered in plate walks to the front of the room. Upon the plate is a briolette cut gem. He is aging and scarred, but still looks incredibly ferocious yet dignified. He says nothing as he slowly looks over each person in the crowd seeming to dedicate a moment to each individual person. The crowd is silent.

How do you react? What do you think as his gaze lands upon you?

He is flanked by three soldiers. Two are clearly guards, but one is a woman in mostly leather other than her bronze gauntlets and boots. Her gear is worn and bears the dirt and dust of the road

The man in plate doesn't take his eyes off the crowd as he calls out. "Scout. You will read the report you just read to me to this crowd. Proceed."
The woman seems surprised at first and hesitates.
"Proceed" the man in plate repeats
The woman's fear of disobeying the man overcomes her fear of the situation and she steps forward next to him and unfurls a scroll and begins to read:
Our squad was dispatched to locate the target Ciba Glistenglimmered the Decisive Number. If the previously dispatched kill team had failed to do so we would recover The Fatal Spring from his lair.
Our squad failed to find Ciba's lair, but instead found the previously mentioned kill team slain to the last near a brook they seemingly stopped to camp at. Ciba had...
The woman hesitates and then continues "...killed them"
The man in plate raises a hand "Lieutenant, I specifically instructed for you to read the very same report you read to me moments ago. You will correct this mistake and read what you read to myself and the rest of the council"
She bows fearfully "Yes, commander! Forgive me commander!"
She continues to read and describes in excruciating detail the horrid acts committed upon the kill team ultimately culminating in what remained of them being staked to the ground. Many faces are in shock and terror. One elf vomits on the rug.

How do you react? Have you been listening? What do you make of all this? Who is the man in plate? Are you silent?

"Thank you, Lieutenant. That will be all" The commander says. The scout quickly salutes and flees from sight. The commander now speaks to you all:
"None of you will likely achieve glory. If you're lucky you will starve to death in the forest, but more than likely you will die horribly. If you are not prepared to face death itself then I ask that you leave. I shall wait for you to gather yourself and go"
An awkward silence ensues as people look around and consider

Does he mean leave right now?

Soon some people do leave. A little over a third of the entire menagerie of would-be heroes files out of the room. The commander quietly waits for the last to depart and for the guards to close the door behind them.
"I shall be frank with you all. I have no love for adventurers or mercenaries. You lack the discipline and dedication that I believe any who wield a weapon must have. Yet, we have no choice. Our world has been saved, but the scars left behind are too deep to disappear. The future of our people lies to the west, but it is filled with terrifying beasts, servants of the fallen swamp titan, who bar the way of any who draw near. We can not send an army. Our allies amongst the elves and dwarves will not permit one to pass onto their lands, nor will they send their own for it would leave their land sorely vulnerable to an invasion. That is where we all agreed upon you, mercenaries.

We have no need of so many people on our payroll, nor is Ciba the greatest or most important threat we must deal with, but he is a test!" The commander clasps his hands together
"You will all be given two weeks to find Ciba, kill him, and return with proof of his death. Upon doing the group that succeeds will be officially incorporated as a part of our future operations."
The crowd murmurs and some even shout.
One goblin cries out "This is outrageous! It'll take near a week just in traveling back and forth!"
A human spearwoman joins "Yeah! We don't even know where the lair is! That region could fit a whole kingdom!"
The guards surrounding the crowd put their hands on weapons as the commander gets a harrowing look in his eyes
The crowd continues shouting
"Silence!" he shouts back
"You will come back in two weeks as the heroes you claimed to be or not at all. That is all. May the gods be with you."

How do you feel to all this? Do you react at all? Do you say anything? One way or the other you all will be pushed together as people form their own groups although Egem is highly sought after by others. How do you all end up together?

Mission: Kill Ciba Glistenglimmered the Decisive Number

Do you wish to do anything before leaving the keep? Or leaving the lands of the notched union?
We have multiple routes to choose from either southwest through dwarven lands or north then west through elven. Both have their own unique perils and the fearful and scornful glances of the other parties should not be disregarded either! We are here on the map:

and need to get to the dark shadowy place in the west!

Do you have any interactions you'd like to do with NPCs or even moments during the commanders speech and scout report you'd like to talk? I'll voice NPCs as we roleplay through stuff! You don't have to wait for my prompting to try something either!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22