- 0 (0%)
Titans
- 0 (0%)
Vault Guardians
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 04, 2022, 09:24:51 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The End of Dwarfdom  (Read 27933 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - Adventure Mode Story
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2023, 04:04:01 am »

Goblins don't stand much of a chance when it comes to fighting you while you have an army of beak dogs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2023, 09:05:31 pm »

Yeaaaaahhhhh. It's kind of the wildness of df difficulty spikes because beak dogs aren't hard to kill at all, but when three of them have you pinned and are shaking you in their jaws you start collapsing

I've already met an enemy whose a good match for them though so that's coming up

Also I'm pretty sure the ruler of the Elder Hells could easily take on all of them alone.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2023, 06:09:57 am »

The large archive is stacked with boxes each filled with files and each of those filled with papers on any number of topics from the old kingdom of the Amethyst Confederacy. From topographical surveys to national security documents. All declassified by this point in time and left to gather dust much like the bygone nation.
You find the particular box you were looking for buried beneath many others. You pull out the file you were looking for a blow the dust off of it

Case File: The Evil Chaoses
Classification: Performance Troupe
Relationship: Active Asset, but potential threat

Source:

The beginning of the Evil Chaoses is questionable compared to how they currently exist. They were founded in year 65 and were made up of members of all major species and nations although this didn't seem to be an intentional plan although simply the result of all the members knowing one another from the performance scene. Most of the members were goblins though who were actively part of their own peoples and so it is worth questioning the motives and goals of the early days of the troupe.
It wouldn't matter what those early goals were though for the troupe turned spies would meet disaster early on. Every founding member suffered some cruel fate.
One goblin was murdered while operating in his peoples capital. One was buried alive when caught by a besieging army. Another was fed to packs of dogs when captured and it's only founding elven member was kidnapped and later turned into a moon woman.
It would be worth investigating into as to whether this was a streak of intensely poor luck or more likely that their were other factions all striking around the same time.
The presence of the moon monsters and whether it is possible for them to be hired or even used at all by another faction should also be researched.

Despite these hard times the number of members still soared as they recruited notable people from across the lands including famous heroes and assets from our own nation.

When not expanding influence they have taken roles in dealing with major threats to the dominant races even turning on the Plagues of Forking despite the presence of members from the organization within it.
From there they spent the majority of years since then actively fighting the necromancer Cor and delaying her advance. While most everyone seemed to be taken by other threats the Evil Chaoses recognized the rising threat and were the only ones engaging them other than us.
(The Roasted Conflict was a war legally between the Dwarves of the Silver of Staves and the Necromancers of the Patterned Images, but was waged on every member of the alliance)

The deaths of the spies were many, exaggerated and horrible.
Hacked to pieces, buried alive, fed to dogs, pulled apart, beheaded, etc. Despite how useful these assets could have been the necromancer insisted on leaving them dead showing how frustrating she found the organization to be.

Despite casualties we should also share the seriousness Cor had regarded them with as their presence in sieges was pivotal in holding the advance of the necromancer back until her death.

The final great battle they participated in The Clash of Targeting against the Blue Curses. This battle was baited by the Chaoses who convinced leaders to intentionally allow the demonic warband to raid a dwarven hamlet. On the way to the hamlet they were ambushed and held there until the main army could arrive and complete the encirclement.

This battle almost completely wiped out the rest of the army of the alliance made up of us, the elves and dwarves, but also led to the death of almost every single demon in the warband.

It's debatable if this was worth it as it left us now entirely vulnerable to attack from Cor or from the Elder Hell, but I submit to the judgement of my superiors in this trade off.

The current leader of the troupe if Lic Neutralauthors. Although human she has more loyalty to the elves than us and so should be recognized as such when dealing with our agents. She seems to wish to continue to lead the troupe in dealing with threats, especially the Elder Hell now. She was actually apprenticed under the founding elven member Mimale who would later become a moon woman. Lic seemed intent on healing her master, but never succeeded as Mimale was put out of her misery by the elven warrior Nemo. This is the same Nemo who is now a companion and ally to Kanil Inchwhip. We should consider whether this elf can become an asset as he has since departed the elves and serves the dwarves and is also the grandson of the queen of the elves.

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2023, 05:52:24 am »

You always find something interesting when you look through the legends of a world.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2023, 08:06:09 pm »

I love grand, villainous necromancers.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2023, 07:04:57 pm »

I currently have the save, something happened that has me shocked. The population of elfs between a single turn shot up from 2160 to 1792393. My previous exportlegends didn't detail this but after
Spoiler: Redacted (click to show/hide)
the population in scorchroot has skyrocketed. Im on the otherside of the world when this happened and my other export didn't relay this information.

Edit 1 - An odd update but i think this is a phantom population will visit that site and see. I believe this as
Spoiler: Reason (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 07:14:34 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2023, 07:09:42 pm »

Looks like the population multiplication bug has struck again.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2023, 07:19:28 pm »

Okay it is a duplicating phantom population, went there to visit hardly any elfs and when i retired again the poulation doubled in size.

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2023, 02:15:32 am »

Is there any way to fix it or are there just a million phantom elves now?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2023, 05:26:11 am »

I was actually meaning to come post and update!

I haven't gotten around to posting final updates on Itha's story. The one solid amount of free time I had I got hit by a serious sinus infection, but I'm working on it!

As Avolition said I passed the save onto him!

Going forward I'd like to try different kind of adventure mode games with this world to accomplish tasks all as we whittle away towards fairy tales

This is also so it stay's fun! I've learned from dwarf fortress that projects die when they stop being fun so I don't want to fall into monotony

If you got any info you'd like to drop for the front page for me to edit in you can Avolition otherwise keep it up!

I think on the population glitch that the game doesn't register the population? Because at the beginning we had the same one with dwarves too. I don't think we'd be in age of goblins if the game read itself as having that many elves or dwarves

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2023, 05:24:50 am »

Background fluff

Itha was surrounded again, and while this didn't entirely disturb him since he had escaped before he had to reflect on the fact that he was both very deep in goblin territory and apparently the creatures were actively hunting him at this point.
He felt very deeply for the young elf who had died because of him and his own failures in these lands.

His apple wood breastplate was majorly damaged now with holes in it's thin wooden frame reminding Itha of how far he had come. The grinning goblins pressed in by one step eager to catch the elf and likely secure some meager advancement in their miserable hierarchy. He drew his sword that his father had passed along to him.
Perhaps the greatest work his father had ever done although in hands that did not deserve them.
Itha looked from the goblin lord who likely had ordered the death of the elf lass and then looked at the beak dog at Itha's side. Itha nodded at the beast and then it al it's compatriots surged in all directions hissing and roaring with excitement: To battle!

This one was much closer as before in previous battles the beak dogs outnumbered the goblins. All a beak dog had to do was pin a goblin while the others tore into it, but here they were one to one often. Itha was swinging and stabbing with his sword helping where he could. Goblin's found elven weapons humorous and did not consider Itha to be the biggest threat although they had no desire to be jabbed in the eye

He and the lord of these pits dueled back and forth as Itha's pets grabbed it and pinned it. In one moment Itha remembered the fallen girl again, dead so far from the warmth of home, and his own mission likely failed and lost to him for now. He stabbed with all his might at the goblin

The creature fell to the ground thrashing and raging at anything within reach as it's lifeblood spilled everywhere

Itha headed to the southern end of the large cavern intending to leave these pits behind before he saw a great foe roar in his direction:

Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/orc-df7079af-3b46-49dd-b92d-89e849796a25

He was a massive elf clothed in vicious goblin garb. A beast hunter come from across the arctic fields to hunt the one who had riled all the beasts of these lands. He was both in form and purpose everything Itha hated about the Elder Hell

The beak dogs continued vicious battle all around them, but stayed away from the beast hunter. They seemed entirely afraid of the monstrous man as he dueled Itha. The beast hunter's only weapon was a knife, but being made from real metal it served as a good counter to Itha's longer, but wooden sword.
The two danced among a symphony of roars, cries, laughs and the sound of bodies being broken.
The two paused for a moment both catching breath and assessing one another. Itha broke the silence of glaring
"Who are you? What is your name?"
The beast hunter grinned wickedly while still panting "Dostngosp, rebel"
"That's not your real name, kinsman! How old are you even?"
"What is it to you? I am Twenty years old although I've seen more hell in my time than you in your centuries, rebel"
"Twenty?!"
Itha was taken aback. Twenty was barely an adult by some human standards, but certainly not by elven. What had happened to this child. While he reeled from the knowledge the beast hunter charged at him and the danced renewed.

Itha finally disarmed the young man although he refused to surrender and they continued with the hunter trying to pin the elf, which would likely spell Itha's end.
He scratched Itha's eye and in rage Itha delivered another, among many previous, resounding blow to the hunter's chest before the blade actually broke skin and pierced the elf's heart.
The hunter looked at Itha with total shock as he collapsed. Itha held the poor child's head wishing he could undo this great and cruel evil.
The hunter grabbed Itha by his shirt and pulled him close "Do not forget me, murderer" He gasped "My true name is Lida Yoresmiled and all I wanted was to put an end to this hell"
"Lida yoresmiled?!" Itha gasped in realization "You're part of the royal family you went missing when you were still a babe!"
The hunter did not respond and could not as he used all his energy on ragged breathing before passing away.

The way was shut. The heart of the Elder Hell was shut away now. They knew of the elf and the attempt to sow chaos into the master's of chaos. The way was shut.

Itha could do nothing now as he marched across frozen fields with his animal companions.  It might be years before the goblin's let their guard down and even then he was now a known person amongst the ageless monsters. He considered one last desperate charge into the dark fortress with his contingent of beasts, but they would all die quickly he knew.

Itha returned home in defeat and regret.

As the traitors raged in defeat
They dug deep into the earth

There they made dark pact
Great horror rose as their master

Apufi the Labyrinthine
Declared himself heir to all

Traitors surged again with dark empowerment
The queen prayed to the forest for deliverance

Great spirit touched the earth
And the titan surged to protect the land

Finally, finally
A great curse was loosed

The sun darkened over traitorous lands
All light, warmth and love left it

As the cold deepened and storms brewed
None could stay upon the surface any longer

Traitors abandoned their campaign forced to dig
dig and dig
to escape the storms of snow they dug and hid

there they fostered their hatred over centuries
As skin turned green and eyes red with hate

They would never forget their fair kin from the forest
and the war had never truly ended

The Creation Myth of Goblin and Elf

OOC:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2023, 05:07:27 am »

He might not have succeeded in his quest to create a rebellion but at least he tried.

I am thinking for our next adventure I do about asking you guys if you'd be willing to make characters for the mission we decide to pursue. Like some other adventure mode games have done I'll essentially play the game, but I'll let you guys direct what we do with our squad of characters and how we react to situations. After we finish that we can pursue a different kind of game in the same world! Keeps it fresh and interesting! Although I am looking forward to bringing Kanil back. His defeat from the swamp titan was always intended to be a break and not a retirement.
That sounds pretty cool, like a D&D adventure party.

Also when it comes to creating the Age of Fairy Tales do animal people need to all be dead for that, asking because I've never really looked in to it before and if it does the wild ones might be hard to find all of.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2023, 07:33:12 am »

Also when it comes to creating the Age of Fairy Tales do animal people need to all be dead for that, asking because I've never really looked in to it before and if it does the wild ones might be hard to find all of.
Depends on the amount, some mythical creatures can survive in the age of fairytales.

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2023, 03:43:37 pm »

I'm not entirely sure if they matter since they don't belong to a civilization. An age of goblins occurs because of goblin numbers, but those numbers are dependent on goblins being part of civilizations
Megabeasts are also unique historical figures that factor into creating an age

So does non-historical figure animal people that are in the middle of the woods count? Idk

I DO RECALL however that this is among the only worlds I generated with low savagery so that if we have to wipe them out it is more possible.
My turns in the museum almost led to me starving to death because regions would be hunted over centuries until the extinction of all present animals.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2023, 09:00:52 pm »

The Auburn Deity

My name is Kivish Abbeymysteries the Auburn Deity. A hulking monster of a rhinoman.

I willing banished myself from the gods to become stronger, I am what every goblin fears. With every kill I grow stronger. The south is empty of goblins, we west has no goblins, the east is clear of goblins. The north is the last bastion of goblin kind. They call it the Age of Goblin after i felled with swamp titan with ease. It was nothing

A mere overgrown pest. The world has taken to call me The Auburn Deity due to the thick layer of brown dried goblin blood that covers my scarred hide. A god of death towards the immortal goblins who steal children for their demon lord or rather did. I rampaged through the pits towards the demons domain. I climbed the top and found him having a discussion with an elf with a large burlap sack. Child snatching scum. I notice an artifact axe left upon the ground. The perfect weapon to match my whip. I was about to go forward when cries of prisioners catch my ears. Children left in cells. I set them free and decided the demon had to face his demise. I told the children to wait outside the room, they didnt listen i went to strike the demon but she heard me and deftly drew her artifact whip and pike as she whipped my newly aqquired axe away. I charge the demon recklessly catching the demon by surprise clashing together and falling to the ground. One of the children shouts " This is my fight too. This might require an answer". As the children swarm the demon. The vile lizard demon gets a passing blow on their head. I try to stand up but the demon has me pinned as she engages the children who try to strike the foul creature. The only adult prisoner is slashed in the chest and becomes enraged. The children and the dancer attempt to strike at the demon at once. The frail lizard deftly dodges their blows failing to see my strike them from behind with my axe. Cutting into their thickly scaled neck as a sicken crunk is heard. The lizard stabs the dancer in the guts as i cacked away at the demons upper left arm. In response the demon uses her talons and tears off a poor elven childs leg. I return with another strike to the beast neck. The demon kicks the dancer in the leg cause the bones to shatter. The pain causes them to pass out as i made another strike towards the beasts neck. The other dancer manages to punch the lizard in the tail as the demon charges a child.

The beast had slowed, the children we able to hit it, bruising the demons flesh. On of the elven children was kicked in the upper body by the demon as i used my thick nails to slide by and slick the demons right foot from behind. The force destroyed the muscular structure of the foot and brought the beast down. The beast angered by children beating it started focusing on them. It punched a child in the lower body as i fractured its skull with a very blow to the head. The lizard demon decided to tear of one of the childrens arm as i teared at its. Whilst the elfs was removed from its body the demons remained attached but had lost all strength in it lost all strength to grasp its whip. It started to use its pike as it stabbed the child in the arm. Spotting his another tear into the left hard disconnected all ligaments and tendonds rendering the hand functionless as it lost grip upon the artifact pike. Using its upper left leg it grasp the childs hand. I tried to gain its attention but failed to do so giving a weak punch to the legs. As the elf child had its wrist bent and collapsed. I had to end this, a heavy blow to the head caused it to finally get through the scales and the head was finally freed from the body. The last demon lord of the world was felled.
Spoiler: Demon fight logs (click to show/hide)
It was too late to save the two elven children and one of the dancers as they had long but bleed out. But Uthret the other human dancer, were weak but still alive. Ripping the demons ragged clothing I put pressure upon her wounds. Once she was able to move, i picked her up and lead the children away. The goblins have no seen the last of me but i cannot left anymore innocent blood be spilt by the foul creatures.

As I made it to civilization and spent the night resting. Uthret was tended too properly and was surprising about to stand again. Though she boar the scars of a demon and was nauseous due to blow to the gut. She was in high spirits.

I will guide them all home before returning to deal with the remain goblins and no doubt a newly appointed lord.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 09:02:45 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21