Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sleeping woes  (Read 1124 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Sleeping woes
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:21:12 am »

Between recently "repaired" elevator and radio-blasting neighbor, i get only about 5 hours per day FOR sleeping, and it doesn't look like that will ever change. When i put my fingers in my ears i, at least, do not hear the elevator, but one can hardly keep them in constantly. Ordinary rubber earplugs (like those)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
seem to be worthless, only managing to block out the usual car noise because there are less cars around now. So, what better stuff there is to stuff into one's ears?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping woes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 12:31:02 am »

Wireless in ear headphones with even very low volume rain sounds can cancel out better than -32db earplugs. If you roll onto your side then you'll be in pain. I tested this recently when my neighbor wasn't home and their alarm turned on and did not stop for hours.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping woes
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 01:55:33 pm »

A low-quality box fan on low usually makes enough noise that you can't easily hear other things over it, and it's a constant enough noise that you just stop hearing it pretty quickly. If you can handle combining that with the earplugs (one of my ears sometimes felt like they had a weird pressure when I used them), you can hopefully have fewer interruptions (but probably not zero).