Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Barony  (Read 3326 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Barony
« on: October 26, 2022, 06:24:43 pm »

It's been a while. I want to try something new.

The Queen has named you a Baron, entrusting you a small plot of land and one (1) servant. Depending on how well you do as a Leader, you could be promoted or even have the chance to be wed to the crown Prince or Princess.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Otherwise, I want to see where this goes this time without any fancy hunger system or the like, and you can keep track of what you've got. Build things as you desire, run market districts, however you want to do things. If you want to fight each other, it will just be an opposed die roll. You can even create a new character if you lose.

Let's see how you rule your Barony.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 06:28:55 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barony
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 06:45:24 pm »

IN

Will post sheet tomorrow

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:35:38 pm »

Spoiler: Jacob de Bennivar (click to show/hide)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 12:04:25 am »

I don't have a formal character limit as of yet, if at all this time, so feel free to post actions after you post your character.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 03:33:00 pm »

My assistant and I will take inventory of everything available to us in our land.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 04:24:39 pm »

Spoiler: Neil Dragonson (click to show/hide)

Food can be sourced later, and we can't start with dragons. Immediately send Iean out searching for eggs for horse-sized riding lizards, while Neil constructs a mud den to hatch them in.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 05:01:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets start some season appropriate crops up: Pumpkins! A good harvest should be enough to rake in some money.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 08:32:55 pm »

My assistant and I will take inventory of everything available to us in our land.
3 Your small plot of land has fertile soil, a small forest to the east, and a bungalow house with a cobblestone road leading south. The house has a living room, kitchen and dining area, a master bedroom for you and a servant's quarters for Helga. Not too shabby for some free land.

Food can be sourced later, and we can't start with dragons. Immediately send Iean out searching for eggs for horse-sized riding lizards, while Neil constructs a mud den to hatch them in.
2+1=3 Iean finds some lizard eggs, though they are not horse sized. Obtain 3 lizard eggs.
4 You build a very nice mud den, suitable for most burrowing animals or the like. The lizard eggs will be very comfortable here.

Lets start some season appropriate crops up: Pumpkins! A good harvest should be enough to rake in some money.
5 You find some pumpkins growing nearby, so you decide to spread their seeds on your land for farming. It being the right season seems to have some magical properties, as they are already growing fruitfully. You now own 1 Fertile Pumpkin Patch. Gain 1 Prosperity.
(You will now potentially earn some gold each post, determined by die of course.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2022, 08:54:19 pm »

Name: Wingdings
Description: ????
Land: 1 small swamp

Servant's Name: C'tr'uncin
Servant's Description: An extra large flesh beetle
Servant Skill: Beheadings

Order minion to decapitate all of me new subjects.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2022, 08:59:24 pm »

Put the lizards eggs in the den to hatch. Build a chicken coop and try to get some chickens.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2022, 04:56:47 pm »

Have Helga check our budget, while I attempt to search for a geomancer to bring onboard, with money we may or may not have.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2022, 05:06:38 pm »

Set my servant to work tending and harvesting these magical pumpkins, while I check out the price of new lands.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2022, 07:43:52 am »

Get my servant to create some basic golems for cheap labor.

While my servant is creating workers, see what I own and what my land is looking like.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 02:15:31 am »

Name: Wingdings
Description: ????
Land: 1 small swamp

Servant's Name: C'tr'uncin
Servant's Description: An extra large flesh beetle
Servant Skill: Beheadings

Order minion to decapitate all of me new subjects.
2+1 = 3 Your minion finds someone that you could consider a subject, and then beheads them. You now have no subjects. Obtain 1 head and 1 headless corpse.

Put the lizards eggs in the den to hatch. Build a chicken coop and try to get some chickens.
4 You place the lizards in the den, where they are nice and snug, and they hatch pretty quickly. Lose 3 Lizard Eggs. Gain 3 Lizards. They seem happy.
2 You don't find much in the way of chickens, and you don't make much, if any, progress on the coop.

Have Helga check our budget, while I attempt to search for a geomancer to bring onboard, with money we may or may not have.
3 Helga finds that you have very little stores of money on hand in one of the rooms. Gain 30 Gold.
5 You walk down the path toward the main city and ask around about geomancers. You find a man named Flint who says he doesn't need much in material wealth, just a place to stay. Would you like to agree to his request?
Potential Servant Recruit: Requests Lodging
Servant's Name: Flint
Servant Skill: Advanced Geomancy

Set my servant to work tending and harvesting these magical pumpkins, while I check out the price of new lands.
3+1=4 Your servant tends to the pumpkins. Some of the queen's men come by to check out how things are doing. They are impressed by your pumpkins. Gain 40 Gold.
1 Land is has shot up in price lately due to all the new Barons scooping them up.

Current Land Marketplace: (cost is dependent on land features)
Small Land = 500-1000 GP, Medium Land = 1000-2500 GP, Large Land = 2500-5000 GP

These prices fluctuate pretty often though, so it might be worth it to check back again later.

Get my servant to create some basic golems for cheap labor.

While my servant is creating workers, see what I own and what my land is looking like.

2+1=3 Moretti, more a generalist at magic, manages to create one basic golem. Gain 1 Servant.
Servant's Name: Golem 01
Servant Skill: Labor

4 Along with fertile soil and your own bungalow house, a path towards the north seems to lead toward a small quarry. It hasn't been mined too much, so it might be a good source of revenue.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:23:20 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 04:56:48 am »

Lets see if we can hire a builder to help develop our land. After all, housing is important!
Pages: [1] 2 3