Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'  (Read 21880 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 25 | (3/20) (LAST CHANCE TO JOIN)
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2022, 06:32:44 pm »

Just noting electric signaling isn't really what I'm going for. That's not too useful given I want them to hunt something that stuns with electricity.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2022, 08:25:59 pm »

Majoral Turp: EVEN MORE BRAIN

Silent Turp: Use synthesized chemicals to I,prove the strength of the creatures they control.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2022, 07:21:24 am »

Just noting electric signaling isn't really what I'm going for. That's not too useful given I want them to hunt something that stuns with electricity.

You want electric absorbing armor, as I understand?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 21 | (3/20) (JOIN ALREADY)
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2022, 07:23:15 am »

Team LGEM
notquitethere:
1: Split Dimwit Sazan:
    A: Improve brain (SS)
    B: Improve brain and migrate to the Çay Uplift
2: Split Bovine Sazan:
    A: Parental drive
    B: More blubber (SS)

Team X2
TricMagic:
1: Electric absorbing armor (SS)
2: Better and sharper shell

Team Perfect Predator
Knightwing64:
1: Better brain for Majoral Turp (SS)
2: Strenght increasing chemicals for Silent Turnips hosts
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 09:30:55 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2022, 08:05:26 am »

B: Improve brain and migrate to the Çay Uplift (SS)
Once again: please no reproduction roll for the Çay Uplift Sazan unless I have to!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2022, 08:30:16 am »

B: Improve brain and migrate to the Çay Uplift (SS)
Once again: please no reproduction roll for the Çay Uplift Sazan unless I have to!
Okay, okay. I didn't forget that. I just forgot to edit the list.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2022, 09:21:40 am »

Yeah.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2022, 10:15:28 am »

Yeah.

:)

I was looking to increase my combat options anyway. But with any luck you’ll roll a one and become extra electric weak

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 25
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2022, 10:18:08 am »

Turn 25

The Events

Power: 88 (YES)
Temperament: 7 (...I suppose I can work with this.)

The Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The World

The periodic torrents of clicks finally cease.

Then the rumbles start. From everywhere.

Lava emerges in small surges from the volcanoes sides, and the seafloor along the Guguli shallows start to rise and expand. This is almost unperceptable in the lifespan of a single creature. In the next eon, the smal islet on the Guguli Shallows became a whole island, while the seafloor that once was there got replaced by the new underwater terrain.

This is the start of new era. And a new, terrestrial habitat; The Lauv Island.

The ecosystem balance is the same: The changes were too gradual to knock it off-course. It has reached a fragile equiblirium once more. If one predator outbests the other, this balance will be broken. Turp almost always outsmartedly dodges the Barbesium before they can attack, but Barbesium usually wins if the Turp is caught offguard and fails to fight back.

Turnips seem to have become less of a parasite and more of a symbiote.

Paintbrush Pinecovy is extinct. Only one basal pinecovy species left. And only two proto-animals still stand.

The Guguli Shallows | Seaweed Meadow Biome | (15/15 species)
Spoiler: Local Species (click to show/hide)

Lauv Island | Terrestrial Island | (0/5 species)

The Çay Uplift | Algea Prairie Biome | (7/7 species)

I am closing joins as of now. I guess I am stuck with you three.

Speaking of three, You each have three votes from now on.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2022, 10:21:00 am »

YES

MORE VOTE MORE POWER

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 26
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2022, 10:37:44 am »

Wonderful. Before I make a dumb mistake, am I right in thinking the things needed to live on land are basically:
- Air breathing
- Some kind of way of moving on land (like legs)
- The ability to eat whatever is currently on land (presumably some sort of plantmatter at the moment?)

Anything else?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2022, 11:02:11 am »

Wonderful. Before I make a dumb mistake, am I right in thinking the things needed to live on land are basically:
- Air breathing
- Some kind of way of moving on land (like legs)
- The ability to eat whatever is currently on land (presumably some sort of plantmatter at the moment?)

Anything else?

The requirements are:

Air-breathing
Impermeable skin
Terrestrial locomotion

Well, there is seagrass and none of you eats it, so you may need better mouths to digest land plants. Not that there any right now. The island is barren.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2022, 11:09:48 am »

With the emergence of an island, the Toxic Coralloo is the first to really 'notice', for a given value of notice in a such spans of time. It is one of the closest to the prime sludgiboo ancestor, and like it's ancestor, it adapts.

Team X3
Toxic Coraloo evolves. The Poison Slime crawls up onto land, slowly but surely. Freed of the water, it sucks in the air through it's skin, photosynthesizing vital nutrients, drinking of the occasional rains. The first "Plant"imal of Lauv Island. [SS Roll]
Meanwhile the Vibrate Blimpie takes note of the land, specifically the seas. With the lower layers becoming more difficult to hunt in successfully, it develops lighter than air gases to become the first airborne creature, hunting the lake's Falselily. They can occasionally be found on the water's surface swimming along and absorbing water to break down into more gas, as their movement through the air is more like a balloon. [SS Roll]
Plated Barbesium meanwhile find something... interesting. Symbiote Turnips are capable of generating electricity and improving physical strength. They've therefore taken to cultivating them, gaining an ability to direct electrical energy smoothly through a circuit system. [SS Roll]

To Magmacube. Barbesium are taking in Symbiotes as they are and merging them with their species, developing electrical circuits to harness them. (The result being a species that lives in harmony. Turnips get food, and Barbesium get strength and electricity.) They also occasionally eat excess of them if the food costs are too great. Let's see what happens, yeah?

Ninja. Ironically, slimes mostly have that given how they move. Coraloos have mostly taken to being sedimentary creetures, but they can still move.

Nin3: The Magma Pillows. Coraloo have a hard mass of tissue, so they're mostly likely to act like plants without any competition. Ambush predators' eventually.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 11:15:27 am by TricMagic »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2022, 11:13:15 am »

...specifically the -lake-. With the lower layers becoming more difficult to hunt in successfully, it develops lighter than air gases to become the first airborne creature, hunting the -lake's- Falselily. They can occasionally be found on the -lake's- surface...

You mean the ocean right? There isn't a lake on Lauv island.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2022, 11:19:07 am »

...specifically the -lake-. With the lower layers becoming more difficult to hunt in successfully, it develops lighter than air gases to become the first airborne creature, hunting the -lake's- Falselily. They can occasionally be found on the -lake's- surface...

You mean the ocean right? There isn't a lake on Lauv island.
Occasionally get confused by geometry.

Lay of the land, specifically the seas.
Vibrate Blimpie's still hunting the Shallows. Just not the lower layers, they can just float off if anything attacks them. (That may change if they ever mange fulltime float.) This also means they've mostly escaped the Turnips's hunting range. Bit difficult to hunt something airborne.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33