Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'  (Read 20020 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 28
« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2022, 12:37:10 pm »

That would require you to split some off for specific hosts. Do you want your turnips to become one symbiotic being?

Granted, the divorce is real given they're no longer the apex.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 12:38:51 pm by TricMagic »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2022, 12:59:18 pm »

I’m not saying I want to do all that, I’m asking that you contribute as well.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2022, 12:59:54 pm »

Make it so the bodies of your creatures nutures and helps the Turp grow or something 

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2022, 01:07:46 pm »

They split and have no brain. They get food and get to grow, but it's on your side to give them a means of reproduction. Otherwise they're more menace than symbiotic. I also have no clue why you're trying to get them to control bodies they have no intelligence for.

As a note, the slime's structure is not something the turp seem to have a reference for.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:10:22 pm by TricMagic »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 29, 2022, 08:43:26 pm »

I can’t do it all at once, boy. I take it this partnership is over?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 29, 2022, 09:24:12 pm »

A reminder you're spending your turns trying to take over an intelligent host when the parasite is dumber than grass. Grass at least doesn't spite the earth that feeds it.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 29, 2022, 09:27:33 pm »

I’m working on that. And you feed nothing, you are one host species out of tens.

You are replaceable.

*rips up contract

Clearly, you aren’t grateful and we should go our separate ways. Wait to be contacted by my divorce attorney.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2022, 09:16:45 am »

Escalates to murder.

Your methods are aberrant and detrimental to the survival of a species. Even your own.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2022, 09:56:02 am »

Oh, the juicy, scrumptious drama!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 29
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2022, 10:59:07 am »

Turn 28

The Events

Power: 42
Temperament: 4

The Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The World

A powerful subocean volcano has erupted!

On the other side of the planet. Only effect on you was a minor tsunami that hit the shores of Lauv Island, and not much else.

Unsmelt Nubnub and Obese Sazan are extinct. The ecosystem of Guguli Shallows is one stiff breeze away from total collapse. All it'll take will be a single negative event, really.

The Guguli Shallows | Seaweed Meadow Biome | (15/15 species)
Spoiler: Local Species (click to show/hide)

Lauv Island | Grassland Island | (5/5 species)

The Çay Uplift | Algea Prairie Biome | (7/7 species)
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2022, 12:20:09 pm »

I've no clue why the Barbsium are still considered Benthic predetors. Well, time to abandon ship.

Team X2: Extinction Trigger

Pixie Barbesium speciation:
\One linage switches to gathering air directly rather than from water, creating a lighter than air creature. It promptly migrates to Lauv Island, using it's fin-tipped tentacles to navigate the skies with it's jet used to drop on and drug prey, which it swiftly eats before re-ascending. It's spends much of it's awake time in the air, dropping in from above in swarms. It occasionally drops in nearby water to refill it's jet reserves. When it rains they gather together to "talk" on solid surfaces and spread their spores. [SS Roll] (The Executioner Turps it carries are cultivated within itself as part of the creature, given to newborn young if they survive. Skyborne Pixies are fairly small and live in groups, high as a kite.)
\The other goes gigantic, behemoths forming hunting grounds which occasionally speak of current events and dangers. They cultivate a number of Executioner turnips to insure their many sharp fin-tentacles drugs are kept concentrated and deadly, and pass new ones to young giants. They may occasionally gather together against threats to their kind. The venting of the drug into water is capable of killing lesser creatures not adapted to it, and drugging others. [SS Roll]

Dartfrog Barbesium speciation:
\One compacts and improves upon their poison, using it in place of the drugs of their ancestor. Extremely poisonous to life, they are ambush hunters, hiding within seaweed. [SS Roll]
\The other has lost their shells, choosing to bury into lifeforms and poison them from within, stealing food until it dies. They are more like the sludgiboo of old, squeezing into cracks. While very small, they make use of this to be eaten by their prey before absorbing the acid in their stomachs. [SS Roll]

Forestformer Falselily speciation:
One becomes a choking mass of plantlife, spreading itself and consuming anything caught in it's vines. Extremely invasive, it's vines drift down from the surface like giant hooks, and many a mat breaks off and covers the ocean floor. [SS Roll]
Another ends up sinking below the surface, their hardened leaves serving as an enticement to prey, encircling it's body. When one seeks to nibble upon them, they snap out around the foe and drag it into the center body to be digested. If it is instead too large the leaves stick to the outside of the prey like a snowflake, as the center slowly digests a hole in the side. They float among the currents as innocent tempters. [SS Roll]

Also, Magmacube. The Executioner Turnips no longer have a life outside the Skyborne Pixies, they are now it's herd animal. They have no means of survival outside it.
[Yes Knightwing, they are divorcing, and taking the child with them.]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:55:58 pm by TricMagic »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2022, 01:18:56 pm »

Heh heh heh. That’s where your wrong.

I’m now giving my turps a method of reproduction, which, considering that my turps are inside of your creatures, would tear them apart from the inside. Next stop, a brain.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2022, 01:23:11 pm »

Well, hopefully they are out of there before the new ones come in. That way the pixies have the relics, even if the rest have the chestbursters.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2022, 05:35:33 pm »

Well, well, well. An explosion of new life threatens to crowd out more of my species from the shallows... so it's time to intensify that. Let's see how all those obligate carnivores and parasites fare without herbivores to eat.

Operation Opportunist Omnivore

Speciate Narwhal Yunus
1: Mutate sparkles for the horn (actually a flashbang-like effect caused by luminescent generator shone down the horn tube, to blind enemies and act as a warning signal for other herding animals)
2: Improve brain, focusing on the appreciation and creation of beauty (for sexual selection of attractive fitness features like decorative fins etc.) [SS]

Speciate Newcomer Livyat
1: Improve brain, focusing on understanding sense input (much like a shark's large brain) [SS]
2: Improve fin/skeletal structure, becoming sleeker with a a huge powerful rear tail fin for speed

Speciate False Smarter Sazan:
1: Improve intelligence further, focusing on creativity (to develop new eating tactics)
2: Improve eyes for spotting food/predators, making them huge, extended out on bulging stalks [SS]

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2022, 06:17:26 pm »

Knghtwing's move. This is going to be chaos. I love it, just an explosion of growth followed by an end. We're all in a chicken race heading for the cliff..
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33