Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!  (Read 18005 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2023, 06:59:57 pm »

Much madness, divinest sense.

Perhaps I should queue up for a second turn?  Though at this point I'd feel bad adding to the story when there are no summaries of the antics thus far.  Relatedly, are there any architecture records or logistic documentation?
Should I add you to the list? A return of our gremlin overseer would be most welcome! As for architecture....... the fortress is properly labyrinthine after 10 overseers, and in my turn we had an excess of nearly everything for logistics

Something has been casuing lag. Just getting 1fps.

Fixed.
Any idea what caused it? Fortress didn't run that fast on my turn but seeing as we're 9 years in with 200 pop I thought it was quite alright

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2023, 07:02:06 am »

Not too sure, it's solve now. Just need to upload the save. It's either a dwarf got stuck in a tree and it's pathing lagged me out or the massive group of cave swallows that flew into the cavern's
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2023, 01:31:41 pm »

The fortress is not doing well seems there is more people unhappy than happy. The king is stressed, demanding better accomedation

brewer stressed seems being injured and haunted by ghosts, will improve
SalmeukII stressed, Big family but is on the mend, ghosts had them worked up
Uvash the dogfighter (our king) - Dinning room not up to standards, addressing this. Additionally also unassigning designation of the old rooms that his consort owned
as they keep going to those.

The royal crypt wasn't up to standard, ammending no burial recepticle
Royal dinning room needs to be a higher standard
As does the royal study

Tonnot becoming stressed needs not being met

I have turned around, quite happy i can worship with my fellow members of the jade cult

No wonder parts of the military are stressed, someone assigned them to be stationed on the surface. No time to relax, pray or anything. Everyone take a break.

Riving the our kings quarters, we need to give him items of value. Poor quality statues litter the rooms, a quick fix to make value but we have the resources and time
to fix this.

Another dark force, wiped away like it was nothing

Moving the masterwork cheap statues around the fort to boost morale as the gold statues are put into place

Ran out of gold and making steel statues

Finally appeased the king and now he is not happy, wants symbols of his position.

And all the nobles are good, assigned a bunch of artifacts to our ever demanding King. But atleast he is off our back

The green shrine is now a temple complex perhaps this will attract pilgrims of our jade cult

The cave creatures are killing us, sending the military to wipe

The elfs have attacked

Rumors of a a great bird attacking upon the surface

Its a giant peached faced bird, by armok get out there and just kill it.

The year ends, ummm. You there. You are in charge.

Save
Will post the pics later.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 07:54:16 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2023, 03:03:34 pm »

Oof, seems like those elves got in pretty far. Thanks for playing!

SYPIAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2023, 01:16:08 pm »

Picking up the save

SYPIAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2023, 03:43:26 pm »

Made a schematic of the fort to try to wrap my head around what it looks like, hopefully it'll be helpful to someone else too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:46:38 pm by SYPIAC »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2023, 04:55:03 pm »

Made a schematic of the fort to try to wrap my head around what it looks like, hopefully it'll be helpful to someone else too.
Haha I wish I had this for my turn. Might be useful to know that the dumping zone/atom smasher is located in a small hole in the middle of the body parts storage. Had to stalk a dwarf to find it after accidentally dumping half my building materials

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2023, 06:12:54 pm »

brilliant. the aliasing on the lines is perhaps the funniest part to me. and the section labeled 'body parts' as if, instead of walls or floors, we have some kind of SCP contained in our entry stairwell.

wait, is our third cavern that open and gigantic??

also, well done Avolition. the elf attack is perhaps not the brightest chapter in Irritan's speckled history, but it is surely remarkable carnage.

fix'd

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2023, 06:20:10 pm »

I had zero notice of the elfs, wasn't even our military just whoever was by the gate. I was too busy trying to figure out what was making each dwarf mad and trying to brighten the place up. Hoping now the king is appeased that he will be less stressed.

As for the murder pigeon, i was baffeled how the glorified parrot was killing so many.

Drunken scholar

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2023, 06:56:33 pm »

I had zero notice of the elfs, wasn't even our military just whoever was by the gate. I was too busy trying to figure out what was making each dwarf mad and trying to brighten the place up. Hoping now the king is appeased that he will be less stressed.

As for the murder pigeon, i was baffeled how the glorified parrot was killing so many.
do you know if my final razing of boldhate was succesfull btw? they hadn't returned on my turn.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2023, 04:02:16 am »

Things seem to be getting a little hectic here with the murder pigeons and elves around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2023, 09:51:34 am »

brilliant. the aliasing on the lines is perhaps the funniest part to me. and the section labeled 'body parts' as if, instead of walls or floors, we have some kind of SCP contained in our entry stairwell.

No the cavern's not that open, but it is flooded. There's not a whole bunch of space that isn't taken up by walls or water, but the water does make a convenient place to dump the magma from the obsidian pillars.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

SYPIAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2023, 10:02:14 am »

It definitely seems like the biggest one, and full of water, but mostly I just got bored of drawing the tiny spikes to show all the little bits and pieces of it, it doesn't matter for the shape of the rest of the fort.

SYPIAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2023, 09:14:40 am »

Oh, wow, it took me nearly 4 hours to get to the summer. Hopefully the next seasons are more forgiving, or maybe I'll just be less verbose going forward. Fingers crossed I can finish tomorrow.

Spring

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2023, 04:43:37 am »

Glad to see the traditional dwarven child care methods are still going strong.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14