Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!  (Read 17944 times)

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile
Re: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2022, 09:27:09 am »

Can't we just sell them? We can't butcher them because they're sentient, right?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2022, 03:05:22 pm »

afaik we can eat crundles but not trogs... fall butchery? old technique should work with a little dusting off, since the principle that creatures dropped from great heights explode in proportionally great bloody mists. i believe the industry term is 'mechanical gravity separation'

looking forward to more updates. enjoying the plucky tone of the narrator. damn thieves force me to lock up near every artifact in inaccessible rooms... luckily you can still include these rooms in your dining hall and gain the wealth bonus to room level.

"Yeah, our most priceless artifacts are all behind this locked door. Aren't they glorious?"

" . . . I cannot see them, but yes, I feel their presence greatly. How amazing."

reminds me of visiting museums with only a little funding for public displays. %75 of their objects are locked in cabinets underground...

SYPIAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2022, 03:52:38 pm »

Hey, love the thread so far. I've played a bit with the save game, and it already looks way more fun than my singleplayer fort. I'd like to pitch in, if there's a spot at the end of the queue. Give my name to a mechanic, if you've got a spare. I promise you many minecarts.

Regarding troglodytes, why not use them for training? Surely a fully armored up dwarf with wooden weapons could take one or more on, and learn a lot from it.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2022, 04:40:38 pm »

Can't we just sell them? We can't butcher them because they're sentient, right?

Iirc, you can’t sell sentients, either.  The dwarves’ll just release the trog and haul the empty cage to the depot.

I vote for Magma!!!!!!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2022, 09:01:15 pm »

I'm so sorry but my ssd has died on me.
I haven't been able to retrieve any data from it and even though steam cloud is enabled nothing is showing for Dwarf Fortress.
I reinstalled the game on my hdd but no save are showing up and of course I didn't think to make any manual backups..
It looks like my turn is going to have to be interpreted as the day dreams of an overworked cook stuck in a tiny kitchen.
Sorry again, but looking forward to seeing how event develop differently in the hands of the next overseer.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2022, 09:37:27 pm »

I haven't been able to retrieve any data from it and even though steam cloud is enabled nothing is showing for Dwarf Fortress.
I reinstalled the game on my hdd but no save are showing up and of course I didn't think to make any manual backups..
It looks like my turn is going to have to be interpreted as the day dreams of an overworked cook stuck in a tiny kitchen.
Sorry again, but looking forward to seeing how event develop differently in the hands of the next overseer.

dang, uhm sorry about your hard drive! hopefully nothing more important was lost.

so dreamt the cook. That leaves us at MCreeper?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2023, 04:55:14 am »

Damn sorry to hear about your hard drive.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2023, 12:01:08 pm »

Ah, that's a bummer, I was really enjoying your turn! I'll send out a message to MCreeper and pass on the fortress. If you want another turn let me know!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2023, 02:50:23 pm »

Picked up the save.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2023, 07:58:41 pm »

Turn done, will post tommorow.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2023, 12:54:47 pm »

Turn was hastily done in last moment possible, so report is a dateless hodgepodge.

Year started off with three thieves trying to steal an artifact and running off, visiting gorlak monster hunter and human caravan. From the latter i bought some books (which were mostly stolen by visiting scholars as soon as they were bought) and iron stuff to smelt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then came giant wielding a slab with secrets of life and death (lucky that dwarves can't read those).
I stationed woefully underequipped military inside, hoping that giant will run into human caravan instead. After killing a milker and few animals on the surface, it came down after a visiting scholar. Only for military to see him through open door, charge and kill him without injuries.
During all this ruckus gremlin snuck in through one of the hatches in farm floor, making me fear that local tribe of swallow men will rush in, Forgetting that they would do so before if they wanted to, because i last played DF few years ago. By the way, those hatches are murder. When i thought i closed them all, new one revealed itself, and when i finally did close them all, it turned out that someone was wandering the caverns at the time, like this web gatherer. I'm pretty sure i left someone for dead second time around.
Seven migrants arrived, few of them immidiately drafted.
A bunch of troglodytes went through a hatch  ::) to the third cavern layer and mauled a child before getting slaughtered themselves. Child was patched up after... i turned on the relevant jobs for someone?  :-\ although for some reason not fully.
Baron, yeah, agreement, what agreement? Artifact, okay.
Forgotten beast has come. For the time it was seemingly content with massacring troglodytes (who were actually damaging it), but then went in, killed someone and got killed by military.
Gorlak monster hunter went into caverns and got killed by a giant bat. Dwarves immidiately went into caverns for his socks.  ::)
This message (Revealed the presence? It's right there in meeting hall!) made me move one of the soldiers to position of captain of nonexistant guard and start digging out his quarters.
A siege too! Of six archers (unarmored, unlike sprites show) along with two snatchers, all killed without injuries of note.
Finally someone useful petitioned.
Construction of captain's quarters revealed a large vein of iron ore. Bronze begone! I expanded smeltery a bit and ordered production of 10 steel armor sets.
Visiting demon. Is it the same one as in crashed turn?
Bought some food and quickly stolen books from dwarven caravan. Outpost liason that came with it made fortress into a county.
AvolitionBrit and another dwarf became students of a visiting geographer. AvolitionBrit, oddly enough, only gets more anxious for all his pondering!
A gang of dingo men on the surface has beaten up yet another scholar, and when killed produced an unlikely collection of blood pools.
Someone finally stumbled into swallow men. Don't remember if he was killed, though.
A thief who earlier received "information" about artifact crossbow tried to steal it. This one got caught.
With another bunch migrants arriving, i decided to expand bedrooms and smooth some floors and walls along with them.
Another artifact crown to place in the meeting hall for thieves to steal.
Child that was mauled by troglodytes suddenly dropped dead almost half a year after attack, still having open wounds.
There is a zombie scholar in the library. She doesn't do anything and doesn't feel anything. Evidently, she could read, if there was something to be read. Library still has no books on bookshelves.
Monster slayer zombie. Start with yourself, mate!
At last, someone applied for citizenship.
Someone went into strange mood, demanding bones. I slaughtered few animals to satisfy him.
'
Save for 1st of Granite is here. Because of all the petitions, all accepted, fortress population swelled from 119 to 199. Consequently, my FPS dropped from 30 to 15, and food storage is steadily dwindling. I suggest atom smashing their worthless lot. And since i forgot about nuances of cooking, there are no plump helmet seeds either.
Fortress is now metropolis, so if the requirements on the wiki are still true, monarch can be made to arrive by giving 5000 worth of stuff to the dwarven caraven.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 01:03:56 pm by MCreeper »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2023, 03:42:39 pm »

Thanks for playing, MCreeper!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2023, 04:36:06 pm »

nice update... we have 199 citizens?!! or citizens and guests? my god

perhaps sending some on 'heroic missions' would help control the population. unless we want to try for royalty

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2023, 05:13:21 pm »

nice update... we have 199 citizens?!! or citizens and guests? my god

perhaps sending some on 'heroic missions' would help control the population. unless we want to try for royalty
Citizens and long-term resident guests. Only one, ah, citizen guest so far, unless there were some before.
EDIT: Didn't realize in time that gauntlet and boot production orders make two at once, so there may be some excess ones now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:48:29 pm by MCreeper »

Ulebtatlosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2023, 05:25:07 pm »

Will start my turn tomorrow, looks like we will soon be the mountainhome ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14