Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!  (Read 17213 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2023, 02:11:13 pm »

Found the thread! Is it okay if I pass this turn to buy time to read what's happened while whoever is after me has a go first?
Sure!

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2023, 10:40:04 pm »

3rd Granite, 106

The year turns, and I have been beaten into submission chosen by my peers to take on the thankless noble task of running this fort for the coming year. With that, it's time to get to wor-

Armok bedammed, the fucking goblins are at it again!

Thankfully, they were sent packing without any fuss. Except that now we have angry bear-men brawling at the gates! One of the planters died, and a baby and some nobody were beaten within an inch of their lives. Thanks to our brave warriors, the solution was resolved.
---
Not even a full month, and so much horror! The fortress is in almost universally low spirits, but I have hopes of raising the morale of the people! I've also expanded the hospital quite a bit, and put in priority orders for splints and crutches, along with multiple tables to make more traction benches.
---
What's this? Some scoundrel come to the gates?

Oh no.

Oh no!!! ARMOK PRESERVE US, IT'S HIM!

IT'S THE KING!!!! quick, someone lock the door

But in other words, we are now the Mountainhome, so I suppose that's something. In addition, our new monarch appears to be a fairly decent warrior, so he might yet lead us to new heights of glory! It doesn't hurt that he brought his bodyguards with him. Also, 8 children? Good Gods, I pity his poor wife.

---
Alright, I'm gonna call it for the night, but wow. Things sure are interesting here, lol. Hoping to get the rest of the year done soon, but it may take a little bit. Give me another few days please, and let me know what you think so far!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2023, 12:43:37 am »

Armok bedammed, the fucking goblins are at it again!

incessant, really, these greenskins!

So. Is the king our guest, prisoner, or perhaps some kind of mad despot?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2023, 03:17:05 am »

Kind of strange that the king disdains power.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2023, 10:38:30 am »

Wh-Why is the king a Great Thrower?

That + being hateful + disdaining power, makes me worry he is going to throw lethal tantrums by simply being king.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2023, 11:03:28 am »

Wh-Why is the king a Great Thrower?

That + being hateful + disdaining power, makes me worry he is going to throw lethal tantrums by simply being king.

equip him with platinum scepters and crowns for maximum effect

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2023, 11:21:20 pm »

(No pictures tonight, was a bit busy.)

Late Spring:

Several petitions for citizenship have been accepted, but I noticed much of the populace complaining of lack of rooms and beds to sleep in! Upon investigation, a vast swathe of bedrooms were not claimed, and I quickly set about rectifying the situation. Of course, in so doing, I was confronted with the truly LUDICROUS number of bards and poets that we have infesting our halls. Abominable, truly. But, rooms were all assigned, and work began on royal chambers to suit the monarch and his spouse.

Much of the populace is still upset, despite my best efforts. It must perhaps be up to my successor to resolve this issue, but for now I shall see that work continues. More traction benches have been installed in our hospital and the king's chambers have been smoothed and engraved whilst being liberally decorated with statues.
---
A Forgotten Beast has come! A bronze colossus of some size, but our powerful soldiers dispatched it with ease. Surveying the battered wreckage of the thing, it came to my attention that we also had another abomination lurking in the depths of the fortress. A quick read of previous reports indicated the beast to be injured, and incapable of standing and that it's sight was lost. Hence, I commanded the wall be removed, the militia mustered and then sent forth.

Blood and death followed. The monster's, that is. Our soldiers were unharmed, and the bodies of those slain during it's first incursion were laid to rest, and the hall reclaimed from its taint.

FOR THE MOUNTAINHOME!
---
OOC: Anyone know why I can't tell the military to kill the damned cave spiders that were locked in there too?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2023, 05:59:50 pm »

do you mean friendly GCS's? I don't remember any cave spiders lol

usually you cannot directly order the murder of a citizen or pet

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2023, 10:55:49 pm »

do you mean friendly GCS's? I don't remember any cave spiders lol

usually you cannot directly order the murder of a citizen or pet
Found the answer. They're not GSC's, they're regular cave spiders. Vermin, basically. Expect the rest of the year this weekend. Any thoughts on my happiness issue, btw?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2023, 06:18:03 am »

Any thoughts on my happiness issue, btw?
Not sure what the bedroom-setup is right now and how our stocks look, but full engraving of all tiles, decorated metal statues, coffers and cabinets, and gem windows tend to do the trick for me. Just decorating often traveled fortress highways with engravings and statues also helps, placing nice doors at spots or placing nice burial receptacles at corners tends to give good thoughts. And how’s the clothing situation?

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2023, 12:20:49 am »

Not sure what the bedroom-setup is right now and how our stocks look, but full engraving of all tiles, decorated metal statues, coffers and cabinets, and gem windows tend to do the trick for me. Just decorating often traveled fortress highways with engravings and statues also helps, placing nice doors at spots or placing nice burial receptacles at corners tends to give good thoughts. And how’s the clothing situation?
[/quote]
Thanks, I've got mass engraving orders in place and it seems to be doing the trick.

Alright, gonna finish out the year here.
---
In an effort to raise spirits, I've commanded that vast swathes of the fortress be covered in engravings, to remind all who see of them of the wealth and power of our fortress and dominion. Irritan Anam stands tall! I've finished furnishing the royal chambers, even if his majesty complained to me that his chambers were not as grand as might be hoped. I've also tasked our jewelers with making works of art, and put the smelters to work in the depths, converting raw ore into useable metal.

Make no mistake, I will raise from this fortress a mighty power to make the goblins quake in their pits.

Alas, with the power of overseer comes the endless headache of administrative woes. Namely, the endless tide of petitions to stay in the fortress as leeches entertainers. All of them summarily denied, of course, but several petitions for citizenship were accepted. Armok save me from idiot bards and poets...

More migrants joined us near the end of summer, but as the leaves turned the first breath of autumn, the harsh blare of goblin warhorns rang through the hills around the gate. Speaking of, we really should erect better fortifications at the entrance than a simple door! Having drafted up a new squad the month before, the Bronze Lions, our soldiers sallied forth to battle once again and sent the greenskin scum howling from our holdfast, or else left them in pools of brackish gore for the birds to feast on. Only one soldier was injured, and that but shallowly.
---
Tragedy! One of the great founders of the fort, Salumek, was struck down while trying to restrain a child throwing a tantrum. Obviously the boy is too young to understand what he has truly done, but the grief echoes through the halls nonethless.

---
The king has been possessed by a strange mood, but we apparently have not the materials he needs. Rather than risk a disaster, I have asked for doors to be placed into the walls of his workshop and then I quietly locked them. A wise choice, when he descended into madness at the start of winter. Towards the end of the year, he succumbed to dehydration and I unsealed the workshop so he could be interred with honor.

Well...for a certain measure of honor:

I might've taken the liberty of building several rows of pauper's tombs, and once the king went mad, he was deposed, so....

And yet, there are terrors in the deep. A one-eyed pterodactyl came out of the depths, but our sealed doors stymied it. That didn't stop it from butchering an entire tribe of cave-dwellers, however. The carnage was terrible to behold and the screams still haunt my sleep. Keep the caverns sealed, by every god! KEEP THEM SHUT!!!!!
---
OOC: Sorry about the delay, guys. But here it is, at the start of 107, still in one piece, much to my amazement. (There's also another Forgotten Beast in the deeper caverns. Seriously guys. Drums in the deep. Don't go down there.)

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16392

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2023, 04:10:32 am »

ACK, my brain has been dislodged! (final thought of the late Salmeuk)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2023, 07:32:39 am »

Thanks for playing! An unfortunate end for the king, sadly.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2023, 10:08:38 pm »

Thanks for playing! An unfortunate end for the king, sadly.
But he was the king, so who cares about him anyways, right?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2023, 03:56:20 pm »

My time has come! I'll make the gods proud! I can start playing Monday, I'll probably have the year done lickity split.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14