Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15 - THE FINAL PHASE  (Read 17295 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Recruitment Phase 14
« Reply #390 on: March 04, 2023, 09:18:25 pm »

In that case with our current leader reduced to a tin heart, the remaining members discuss what should be done with the videos. With a shrug they decide to release the video, determining that whoever sent them the video could just release it themselves so they might as well get credit for the revelation before they do.

No recruitment, since we somehow didn't lose anyone last mission!

...Except some PBs. He's probably going to fill up that memorial if it gets made. Can J be revived by Marigold's machine? Probably not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 13
« Reply #391 on: March 04, 2023, 10:05:55 pm »

We won't bother to appraise our loot properly (mostly because anyone can tell that Escher probably has a good bead on its price and is just hoping to pocket an extra [unit] or two of income.)

We will seek to hire Buzzoff (we might as well grab up what remains of the League before they get in with a worse crowd, aye?)
Spoiler: Gray Company (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 04, 2023, 10:12:33 pm »

Spoiler: Route Horizon (click to show/hide)

"Highway taught me what it meant to be good, in his own way. To change now would be spitting on his sacrifice, and I refuse to do such a thing."

To be a Hero is to do what is right, no matter the cost to oneself. Do not shy away now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Two - Recruitment Phase 11
« Reply #393 on: March 04, 2023, 11:49:58 pm »

We don't actually want anyone to die anyway. Also we're all on Joshua Tree's side here. Take both opportunities.
Spoiler: Bro Club (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2023, 01:43:38 am »

Spoiler: The Watch (click to show/hide)

The Watch will accept all Opportunities, and also give Cephala and Slugnut civilian names, because they've probably only had their supervillain/hero names since the breakout.
Additionally, Evelyn will now simply go by Dr. Light.
Our main mangled mango man will make Anuran some power armor fitted for our favorite frog.

Frostara does a TV interview expressing just why anybody complaining about the Odd Squad can respectfully fuck off because the Watch believes in second chances and the opportunity to improve yourself, points at the fact that nobody who's been in the clemency program has had to be sent back to prison, and airs out E Corp's dirty laundry on just how many of the local Evolved are directly their fault - specifically, the following list, plus Sol and Void:
Code: [Select]
ZO-0028 - Likely the Baron - First success! Canine combination. Very disappointing and uneven power expression. First test of the Tabula Rasa also successful. Released into general pop as start of Open Lab Protocol.
ZO-0098 - Likely Harpoodle - Second canine success. Much more impressive results, but even more mentally impaired. TR was hardly necessary. OLP'd and later recovered for the Exalt project.
ZO-0108 - Rev. Pongo - Starting with an orangutan as base, raised by caring (if overly superstitious) human handlers. No real power expression other than enhanced intelligence (for its kind). Scheduled for dissection but released during the escape of ZO-0612, ZO-0282.
ZO-0282 - Slugnut - Combination with swine. Relative success but power expression was not useful for current research paths. Scheduled for OLP when escaped with ZO-0612 and ZO-0108.
ZO-0341 - Unknown, deceased - Rat combination. Poor power expression. Dissected.
ZO-0346 - Unknown, deceased - Second rat combination. Generative tissue considered very useful, but quickly died of cancerous growths. Dissected.
ZO-0471 - HellTooth - Combination with venomous spider. TR a success. OLP'd with intent of maximising local conflict for new SHE expression. Unfortunately, spider venom proved too deadly and the subject too volatile. After killing ZO-0108, ZO-0471 was later destroyed by ZO-0612. Disappointing.
ZO-0612 - Cephala - Squid combination, highly generative, incredibly useful. We planned to keep in house- possibilities in research unparalleled. TR'd repeatedly due to its belligerence. Consumate escape artist, eventually broke out with 0108 and 0282. We suspect complicity of Dr. Light [Dr. Hijank, Verdigris] who went AWOL about this time while on the synthetics project, just as it was showing some promising results. Still, in OLP environment, they have been instrumental in generating more SHE subjects for Zircon City, so perhaps it is for the best...
ZO-0647 - Combination with slug. Very suggestible with right inputs. Limited research value, kept at Lab 03 for security purposes.
ZO-0798, ZO-0808, ZO-0809 - ZO-0808 and Anuran - Rare sequence of success with frog subjects. SHE increased metabolic rate is much higher than normal. One dissected. Two frozen for later study, later escaped in lab break-in.
ZO-0955 - Unknown, may be the 'Big Baby' - Second viable porcine subject. Highly intelligent. Potentially useful power expression. Kept at Lab 03 for future study.
ZO-1023 - Landshark - First viable piscine subject. Highest metabolic rate yet. Kept at Lab 01 for waste disposal purposes. Cheaper than a furnace and just as effective! Difficult subject to study due to extreme belligerence and invulnerability.
The point regarding second chances is returned to, pointing out that seeing as people don't seem very interested in giving the Odd Squad a second chance now, after they've been somewhat known as heroes first as Rust Riot and then as part of the Watch for a little while, it's no wonder that they preferred to fake their deaths the first time.

The above would have a wonderful RP post where that interview was shown, except I am tired and just wanted to get it all out there.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 03:42:35 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 05, 2023, 02:01:55 am »

Spoiler: The Watch (click to show/hide)

The Watch will accept all Opportunities, and also give Cephala and Slugnut civilian names, because they've probably only had their supervillain/hero names since the breakout.
Additionally, Evelyn will now simply go by Dr. Light.
Our main mangled mango man will make Anuran some power armor fitted for our favorite frog.

Frostara does a TV interview expressing just why anybody complaining about the Odd Squad can respectfully fuck off because the Watch believes in second chances and the opportunity to improve yourself, points at the fact that nobody who's been in the clemency program has had to be sent back to prison, and airs out E Corp's dirty laundry on just how many of the local Evolved are directly their fault - specifically, the following list, plus Sol:
Code: [Select]
ZO-0028 - Likely the Baron - First success! Canine combination. Very disappointing and uneven power expression. First test of the Tabula Rasa also successful. Released into general pop as start of Open Lab Protocol.
ZO-0098 - Likely Harpoodle - Second canine success. Much more impressive results, but even more mentally impaired. TR was hardly necessary. OLP'd and later recovered for the Exalt project.
ZO-0108 - Rev. Pongo - Starting with an orangutan as base, raised by caring (if overly superstitious) human handlers. No real power expression other than enhanced intelligence (for its kind). Scheduled for dissection but released during the escape of ZO-0612, ZO-0282.
ZO-0282 - Slugnut - Combination with swine. Relative success but power expression was not useful for current research paths. Scheduled for OLP when escaped with ZO-0612 and ZO-0108.
ZO-0341 - Unknown, deceased - Rat combination. Poor power expression. Dissected.
ZO-0346 - Unknown, deceased - Second rat combination. Generative tissue considered very useful, but quickly died of cancerous growths. Dissected.
ZO-0471 - HellTooth - Combination with venomous spider. TR a success. OLP'd with intent of maximising local conflict for new SHE expression. Unfortunately, spider venom proved too deadly and the subject too volatile. After killing ZO-0108, ZO-0471 was later destroyed by ZO-0612. Disappointing.
ZO-0612 - Cephala - Squid combination, highly generative, incredibly useful. We planned to keep in house- possibilities in research unparalleled. TR'd repeatedly due to its belligerence. Consumate escape artist, eventually broke out with 0108 and 0282. We suspect complicity of Dr. Light [Dr. Hijank, Verdigris] who went AWOL about this time while on the synthetics project, just as it was showing some promising results. Still, in OLP environment, they have been instrumental in generating more SHE subjects for Zircon City, so perhaps it is for the best...
ZO-0647 - Combination with slug. Very suggestible with right inputs. Limited research value, kept at Lab 03 for security purposes.
ZO-0798, ZO-0808, ZO-0809 - ZO-0808 and Anuran - Rare sequence of success with frog subjects. SHE increased metabolic rate is much higher than normal. One dissected. Two frozen for later study, later escaped in lab break-in.
ZO-0955 - Unknown, may be the 'Big Baby' - Second viable porcine subject. Highly intelligent. Potentially useful power expression. Kept at Lab 03 for future study.
ZO-1023 - Landshark - First viable piscine subject. Highest metabolic rate yet. Kept at Lab 01 for waste disposal purposes. Cheaper than a furnace and just as effective! Difficult subject to study due to extreme belligerence and invulnerability.
The point regarding second chances is returned to, pointing out that seeing as people don't seem very interested in giving the Odd Squad a second chance now, after they've been somewhat known as heroes first as Rust Riot and then as part of the Watch for a little while, it's no wonder that they preferred to fake their deaths the first time.

The above would have a wonderful RP post where that interview was shown, except I am tired and just wanted to get it all out there.

Didn't Cephala murder a hero?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 05, 2023, 02:09:40 am »

Who hasn't murdered a hero or two these days?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 05, 2023, 02:10:22 am »

Didn't Cephala murder a hero?
Cephala certainly murdered Helltooth, who has apparently been retconned to be another test subject.

Personally, I think they should all be purged.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 13
« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2023, 05:43:16 pm »

The Man in Grey takes the personal teleporter

No recruitment

Spoiler: The Dandy Lads (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Two - Mission Phase 12
« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2023, 06:45:21 am »

Protection Inc. accepts all three Opportunities.

Crackler helps a very concerned Película with bringing Reflux to AWE, and then moving her into Protection Inc.'s base. (+1 Reflux)

Mentat organises a memorial at the Docks to commemorate the lives lost due to the Scarlet Plague.  (-1 Income)

Camarada does a little detective work into the Grey Company. Organised supercrime can not be allowed to get set roots, or else they'll hang about like weeds. (+1 Mission)

Nitrox and Zirconia (our fresh graduate from the Clemency program) go collect Baron von Woof for his first day of Clemency. A very tense first meeting between the Baron and Alba ensues. (+1 Excitement, +1 Baron)

Spoiler: Protection Inc. (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2023, 07:49:28 pm »

The new memorial in the docks memorialises the deaths of Mapsona, Miraculous Mirror Maiden, Ponche and Endless Highway. Route Horizon gain +2 reputation in the Docks.

RECRUITMENT REPORTS

Spoiler: PUNCH (click to show/hide)

MISSION PHASE 14

Spoiler: Tags (click to show/hide)

The city is rocked by the news of The Watch faking the deaths of the Odd Squad and later hiring them onto their team. Local hero Reverso told reporters, "They gone too far this time, man. No one remember the time Odd Squad blew up the north bridge with a freaking laser? Reverso remembers."

#-1 Villain Missions
If you are a villain team, you may undertake personal missions, or any of the following. Villains may private-message their actions.

Spoiler: Villain Missions (click to show/hide)

#0 Personal Mission
You may assign a person for a personal mission. Name one of the following goals, assign someone to it, and you will either gain a related opportunity in the opportunity phase, or some immediate increase of intelligence.

Spoiler: Personal Missions (click to show/hide)

#1 What Is He Building Down There?
[Time Sensitive]
Doctor Muldoon of E Corp has retreated to a secret lab deep beneath the catacombs of Zircon Cathedral in Hermitage. What could he be planning?

#2 Unknown Scion
[Limit: Princess Professional and Mentat and a host for Mentat ONLY]
Big Baby has requested an audience with his biological parents in Sandup.

#3 Future of Forgiveness
[Mutually Exclusive][High Profile]
Under pressure from Maxine Powers SHE-control pressure group, Mayor Bigby is holding an emergency tribunal in Oldtown to decide the fate of the clemency program. On the agenda is what to do with the controversial high profile rogue team The Watch and their affiliates, after many accuse the mayor of allowing a revolving door policy with the local jail.

3.1: [Limit: 1 former villain per team] Speak in favour of Clemency.
3.2: [Limit: 1 team member per team] Speak against Clemency, and for the immediate arrest of the Odd Squad.

#4 Dragnet
[Time Sensitive]
Led by Protection Inc. efforts, the Gray Company are tracked to somewhere in Warren. A perimiter is set up by Beacon Blazes, as attempts to track the villains begin in earnest. The more heroes attend the dragnet, and the earlier they can get there, the greater chance of finding a member of the Company.

#5 Shark Attack!
[Deadly][Time Sensitive]
Downtown is curently being torn up by a giant sharkman with a mouth that destroys matter on an atomic level, allowing him to swim through the streets. He's ravenous and is currently tearing through a row of packed restaurants.

#6 Healing Science
[Limit: Healed within previous two mission phases][Heroes: 3][Recurring]
Marigold at AWE in Atomic Heights is still interested in how SHE people heal much quicker than normal humans and is looking for volunteers who have recently healed naturally. It pays very well per person, but she only has budget for three more participants.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 08:07:50 pm by notquitethere »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season One - (9/~4) - MISSION PHASE 2 BEGINS
« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2023, 08:03:02 pm »

Wow, what revelations!
Extra and Chiffon socialize, rest rest.

Nope, not visiting a giant brain baby while injured. And not trusting Marigold's science abilities.

Spoiler: PUNCH! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 04:54:31 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Two - Mission Phase 12
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2023, 01:40:48 pm »

Nitrox and Camarada go on that long awaited date. (#0.3)

Chap Stick gives Mentat a ride to meet Big Baby. (#2)

Zirconia vouches for the Clemency program. (#3.1)

Crackler, Reflux and Baron Von Woof sniff out the Grey Company. (#4)

Película attends the health study. (#6)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Two - Recruitment Phase 11
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2023, 02:01:15 pm »

Lexicon grabs a slot in #6 because he's the only member of his group who's still poor.
Brouhaha goes to #3.1 to speak in favor of the Clemency program, but for the immediate arrest of the Odd Squad for openly breaking the rules of the system even he (admittedly not always the most rule-following guy!) willingly accepted. Finally he can get a use out of that charismatic trait.
Uninterested in the other missions, and banned from fighting sharks anyway, the Advisor and Bolt Blue awkwardly invite each other out on a date (#0.3) without either of them being quite able to say the word 'date'. "It's just a celebration of, uh, how long our team has been together."
Spoiler: Bro Club (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 14
« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2023, 04:20:26 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Dread Fool sends several texts to Baron Von Woof that suggest that it would be more heroic for Protection Inc to take out the Ecorp lab under Zircon Cathedral in Hermitage than chase him around the city.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 04:32:20 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29