Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15 - THE FINAL PHASE  (Read 17292 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season One - (9/~4) - MISSION PHASE 2 BEGINS
« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2023, 04:54:18 pm »

Grumble fine I'll be peer pressured into this.

Mgold special for Princess Professional, The Chorist, and Brick.

Attend baby mission with a full stack. Baby can suck it up, I'm not sending Princess anywhere without friends.
Also, call in my Watch crossover.
Don't attend in person, instead using the Night Map. This should allow me to utilize the whole team's mental power together.
Mentat is invited to join the Night Jaunt, if he finds that preferable to using a host.

Spoiler: PUNCH! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 05:21:06 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season One - (9/~4) - MISSION PHASE 2 BEGINS
« Reply #406 on: March 10, 2023, 05:19:54 pm »

Grumble fine I'll be peer pressured into this.

Mgold special for Princess Professional, The Chorist, and Brick.

Attend baby mission with a full stack. Baby can suck it up, I'm not sending Princess anywhere without friends.
Also, call in my Watch crossover.
Don't attend in person, instead using the Night Map. This should allow me to utilize the whole team's mental power together.

Spoiler: PUNCH! (click to show/hide)

Imagine being scared of a baby lol
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 14
« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2023, 12:37:18 am »

So am I going to have to take out both the shark and the main base since nobody else figured out how deployment limits worked in 14 mission phases?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2023, 11:11:49 am »

Don’t worry, the Watch will try to deal with the shark tearing up our porch. I’ve just been busy.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2023, 04:09:29 pm »

I guess the Dandy Lads have nothing better to do than handle #1, if nobody else wants it.

All four Dandy Lads investigate #1: What Is He Building Down There?
Spoiler: The Dandy Lads (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2023, 03:02:55 pm »

The Spork stays home to make a Demagnetizer using his knowledge of super magnets. Since magnets have become our greatest enemy in the fight against E-corp. Boosted item making is in effect!

Tin Soldier gets the Marigold's Special to not be half-melted anymore.

Tin Soldier, PB, Lord Bombarrel, and Toytown will head to #1 to finish off E-Corp once and for all! We'll probably show up after the Dandy Lads but this mission is probably setting things up for the final round. The Watch said they have the Shark, but we are willing to send Jennifer to help them not be able to eat the entire squad if necessary. Otherwise we'll be saving her for the big finish.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2023, 04:21:53 pm »

Hmn. I was going to be splitting the team between the shark and E Corp, but it’s looking like E Corp is probably going to be handled without my input being needed.

Expect me to post the team’s actions tonight.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2023, 04:45:38 pm »

Spoiler: Route Horizon (click to show/hide)

Time to punch out a shark. Pathfinder deploys to Mission 5.

"This is a classic, y'know? Punching sharks has been cool since humanity knew how to sail."

(I would speak in favor of clemency but Pathfinder doesn't meet the conditions)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:54:51 pm by VermilionSkies »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 13, 2023, 08:14:54 pm »

Spoiler: The Watch (click to show/hide)

David's on a date with Jennifer, and Mango Man is making armor for frogge.
Dr. Light will go to Oldtown to speak on behalf of the clemency program and the Watch. She is going entirely unarmed and will explicitly not resist arrest if that is the decision that people come to, to display trust and goodwill. Keros, though unable to take part in any combat missions, might be able to assist here? (3.1)
Although further events have rendered it suboptimal, Cephala is going to fight Muldoon, and she won't be left unsupported. Slugnut and Wiffle will also be working to clean up E Corp. (1)
Retry and Psyla will try to deal with the antimatter shark tearing up their neighborhood. Watchtower and Watchpoint will also be called in for assistance. (5)
And finally - very reluctantly - Frostara will go meet up with Punch, to talk to the giant psychic baby. (2) Despite the fact that this is probably a terrible idea. Psyla's insta-reincarnation is needed to fight Landshark. Her own mental abilities might give her the ability to better resist whatever might happen.
That doesn't mean she's taking any unnecessary risks, though.

"Listen. Extra. Yes, I'll come. I don't think it's a good idea, not in the slightest, but yes, I will be there. Just - we sent three people there. They would not give us any more than the barest details, and there have been clear behavioral changes. Sending more people is not likely to help. The whole dream map thing you've got - yes, I remember the mall. I remember the mall very fucking well. The dream stuff you've got, using it is a good idea. That's not the part I have an issue with, what I have an issue with is that I am quite certain that sending extra people will not help. It's been tried multiple times, it has failed almost all of them. I- yes, if you insist on calling in the favor, I'll come, but it's-"
She stood there a moment, before putting her phone on the table and sighing.
"She hung up."
Caroline pat her on the shoulder. Allison groaned.
"It's a bad idea! It's an obviously bad idea! And now I'm going to be in the middle of it! Ugggghhhhh." She leaned back into the couch, rubbing her face. Then, after a moment, she sat forward again, determined expression on her face.
"Fuck it. Cara, get the team."

"So. We owe Punch a favor. And Extra has decided to call it in for talking to the baby."
Slugnut, Wiffle, and Mangler weren't present. It was quickly apparent why.
"That's not a good idea." Evelyn's eyebrow was raised; she knew what was coming.
"I know that, doc. She wouldn't listen. And, frankly, the rest of you are needed for other missions, so I'm the one who's going. So. Before I potentially go out and get brainwashed by a baby, I want to make something clear."
At this, Allison pulled a folded piece of paper out of her pocket, and opened it onto the table in front of her.
"Here, in writing, so that I can't take it back later. If you guys notice anything weird about me after the mission, you have not only permission, but orders, to reinstate Cara as leader of the Watch."
Caroline's eyes widened at that; she took a small step back, held her hands out vaguely in front of her, and then abruptly looked and gestured at Sarah.
Sarah, however, looked thoughtful. "Cara." The woman in question looked slightly more nervous. "I will admit that I have had... criticisms, of your leading style before. I will also admit that I was wrong about them. I have worked with David since then." "What is that supposed to mean?" Sarah ignored him.
Dr. Light put an hand on Caroline's shoulder. "Listen. Kiddo. You've done it before, you did it for a while. You made the Watch. I was here for part of it. I won't say you haven't made a few mistakes, but I promise you, you've made fewer than most. Your heart's in the right place, and that counts for more than you'd think."
Caroline took a breath. Another.
Her eyes hardened, and she nodded.

Then the slightly-sticky wax weight of Keros slipped into her hair, and the gathering became rather more chaotic.

ADDENDUM: Frostara will specifically be serving as Mentat’s realspace ride.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 12:47:47 am by Glass »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2023, 12:41:26 am »

Frostara receives a text message from Nitrox:

Hey pal! We heard you'll going to check out the Psychic Baby thing other in Sandup. You'll be passing by anyway, so Mentat was hoping you could give him a lift? He got invited over, so hopefully you'll avoid any trespass shenanigans. Peace!

If Glass agrees, Chap Stick instead helps clean up the Grey Compamy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 12:44:54 am by Kashyyk »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2023, 12:46:41 am »

One (1) response goes back:

Thank God. *Yes*, happily. I’d much rather be there for a real, official reason than just because. Just let me know when and where to meet up with you, and I’ll see you then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 14 Reports
« Reply #416 on: May 15, 2023, 03:52:16 pm »

MISSION PHASE 14 REPORTS

Spoiler: #0 Personal Missions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #2 Unknown Scion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #4 Dragnet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #5 Shark Attack! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #6 Healing Science (click to show/hide)

OPPORTUNITY PHASE 14

All opportunities have been turned into cross-overs for the final opportunity phase! The unaffiliated heroes of the city team up with the regular teams to fight the good fight, or flee while they still can!

Spoiler: Cross-Overs (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15
« Reply #417 on: May 15, 2023, 03:53:21 pm »

RECRUITMENT PHASE 15

There is no time for recruitment in the chaos, but team members may still be let go (but not Spun Off). Given the extraordinary circumstances, the Mayor has opened up clemency to all teams except The Watch (due to the outcome of the tribunal) and the Gray Company (for trying to assassinate the mayor): everyone gains a cross-over with one villain for the duration of the fight, but only if they face down the Monolith. Teams may do this even if they already have a clemency villain on their team, as the arrangement is only temporary with the promise of a sentence reduction for all villains who take part.

Players should co-ordinate so they don't pick the same people for cross-overs. Marion Man is already taken.

Spoiler: Letting Members Go (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Recruitment Pool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Teams in Other Cities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rogue Gallery (click to show/hide)

MISSION PHASE 15

The final showdown has begun. Every hero must decide whether they stay and fight, or seek to flee the city! There is not time to go on personal missions. Reputation may be spent without limit in any area for civilian assistance. If you have more than one cross-over with  the same team, you may split them up.

Spoiler: Goods and Services (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tags (click to show/hide)

#-1 Villain Missions
If you are a villain team, you may undertake personal missions, or any of the following. Villains may private-message their actions.

Spoiler: Villain Missions (click to show/hide)

#1 Flee Overland
[Mutually Exclusive][Harrowing]
You could head out through Greenbelt to take refuge in another city. The apocalyptic team, The Cleansing, have decided that this is the day of reckoning and all who flee from it are full of sin (the Monolith's first act on appearance being to take our the Spawn of Satan seems to have been interpreted as a Sign). They have been spotted in the area, stopping outgoing traffic.
1A [Harrowing]: Flee to Leadville
1B [Harrowing]: Flee to Las Destinos
1C: Stay and fight the Cleansing so other people can leave the city

#2 Flee Overwater
[Mutually Exclusive]
You could get out on the last ship in the Docks, heading to Stoney Island. Unfortunately, Aunty Anti believes this to be a plot to seed Exalt Evolved into other cities, and is waiting at the docks to defeat anyone with powers heading out that way.
2A [Harrowing]: Flee to Stoney Island
2B: Stay and fight Aunty Anti so that others can leave the city

#3 Fight the Monolith
A collosal self-expanding moving metal spire is consuming the city for parts, starting with Hermitage. It is fueled by Evolved that it snatches and every hero that approaches risks annihilation. In the heart of it, Dr Muldoon sits, intent now on nothing less than global domination! If the world won't let him help them, he'll have to take command of it himself! If the robotic arms and magnetic stripping powers of the monolith weren't bad enough, he also has the deadly gas of Muskrat and the immense slime generation of the Visk at his disposal. Stopping this will require five teams working in unison!
3A [Punishing]: Keep the robotic super-magnetic grabbing arms occupied
3B: [Deadly: Gas] Take out Muskrat
3C: [Deadly: Environment] Take care of the Visk
3D: [Punishing][Deadly:Explosive]: Blast a hole in the monolith for the strike team to enter
3E: [Deadly: Lasers][Deadly: Bullets] Take part in a strike team into the heart of the monolith

#4 Holding Cell
[Mutually Exclusive][Time Sensitive]
During the chaos of the ever-expanding monolith, the Warren police station is severely undermanned. Waiting in a cell for his team to break him out, is Dread Fool.
4A [Side Quest]: Break Dread Fool out
4B: Guard the station against a likely breakout attempt

#5 Baby Science
[Mutually Exclusive][Punishing]
Big Baby, the psychic entity housed in a very small child, has been working away in a breakaway splinter lab with Dr Davies. They have been building on forbidden E-Corp Exalt program techniques and now believe that they have found a way to hyperpower someone's baseline abilities. The risks are high, but perhaps great power could stop this thing? Anyone who is successful will be sent on to fight Muldoon in Hermitage immediately after, and so there's only time for a handful of heroes to be tested to the limit this way.
5A [Heroes: 4][Limit: The Watch, Protection Inc, PUNCH! only][Side Quest]: Submit to Hyper-Enpowerment
5B [First Come]: Shut down the Big Baby lab

#6 Stolen Valour
[First come]
Karma Kid and Ascupart have reported that the Red Hand (who have tried to recruit them) are hiding out in Silver Row, hoping that the heroes are either killed by the monolith, so they can stop it and get the credit... or stop the monolith so they can swoop in, kill the heroes, and take the credit. Either way, they plan on forming the new order for the evolved after all this settles. They're likely to take flight if busted.
Special: whoever takes this mission gets an Ascupart & Karma Kid cross-over

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 11:07:30 am by notquitethere »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15 - THE FINAL PHASE
« Reply #418 on: May 15, 2023, 05:03:10 pm »

"..."

"I'm tired of this."

Attempt to recruit Jennifer. The Bro Club's founding rule will have to be suspended in this time of crisis.
"This needs to stop. All of it."

Talk our way into 5A (spending all Sandup rep, and, indeed, any other rep that might help, and any/all crossovers), hyper-empower Jennifer, and put an end to superpowers. Then murder the unpowered Gray Company members in cold blood.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:00:50 pm by Maximum Spin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 15, 2023, 05:26:59 pm »

[UPDATED FOR REFERENCE, NOT TURN]
Spoiler: Gray Company (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29