Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.05] Witcher Mod (Total Conversion)  (Read 4415 times)

rtlp2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[47.05] Witcher Mod (Total Conversion)
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:50:13 pm »

A total conversion mod that turns Dwarf Fortress into the world of the Witcher.

FEATURES:

1.  Fully translated Witcher languages in DF, including Elder Speech, Dwarvish, Common, and Gnomish.

2.  Over 70 unique creatures and plants from the Witcher universe recreated in DF, from basilisks to golems to higher vampires.

3.  Lore-friendly materials like thunderbolt steel (meteorite steel mentioned to be a prime sword material)

4.  Unique cultures reflecting Witcher ones, including Scoitael, Aen Seidhe, Nordling Humans, Nilfgaardian Humans, druids, dryads, witchers and more.

5.  Fully functional Witcher potion and toxicity system. Non-Witchers experience deadly side effects when taking most potions, while Witchers must choose the best 3 potions for a task or else run the risk of overdose.

6.  Magic and sorcery, from functional Witcher signs to the creation of magical golems

7.  Functioning "Trial of Grasses" system for Witcher civs; use the "Sad Albert" table to expose male humans to a gas that may transform them into Witchers... or lead them to die choking on their own blood.

... and more!

GET THE MOD HERE:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16143

rtlp2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Witcher Mod (Total Conversion)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 04:19:59 pm »

A Steam version has been uploaded:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16267

Tileset is still being worked on.  If you'd like to contribute or make your own, see here for details (tldr this mod is 100% open source so if you'd like to make a graphics set and reupload, go wild.  But please let me know so I can play it too lol).

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 04:25:57 pm »

Did you upload this to the Steam workshop?

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 01:18:22 am »

Grats on this!  Must have taken an absolute boatload of effort.  I'll give it a shot when we get the full classic mode!

MattFright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 08:48:08 am »

This seems really, REALLY cool. Next fort i make will be with this mod, really curious to see what the mod is like :)

UristVanHelsing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 07:22:38 pm »

Do you have any ideas for if it is 50.08 compatible?
You could always spread it around and paint the floor of your house with the blood of your enemies.
You could very well go for a Christmas themed house, all green and red from blood and vomit. Deck the halls with spilled intestines. Fa la la la la, la la la la!

DiggyDiggy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 11:52:02 pm »

This is amazing! Will be using on my next fort.