Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Merchants telling me to look for Merchants  (Read 2155 times)

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Re: Merchants telling me to look for Merchants
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »

The whole grind-up thing has never struck me as particularly entertaining.  Far more fun to die a horrible death with five zombies tearing your limbs off than it is to waltz around with no challenge.  Besides, if you earn your stat-ups in battle, it feels that much more rewarding when you can one-shot titans. =)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Master BOB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 04:26:00 pm »

What is sneaking good for? I play a dwarven slayer. Did you ever see a slayer sneak? Or throw rocks?

I fought instead of crouching, and I bet I had alot more fun than you. Sure, a pierced lung, damaged kidney, arrows in leg and hand, cut ear,  and a scar over the eye aren't easy to handle, but hey, i play a slayer after all! I'll fight even if I have to crouch, and if one axe got lost, I'll use the other one, or the hands if neccessary. Death is the only option - the enemies one or mine is the question.

(Note for those who don't know: slayers are dwarves who lost their honor for some reason. They leave their people, wandering around, seeking death to regain honor, and therefor fighting any enemy they see, even if that means fighting a dragon. Thats the reason why slayers are usually feared enemies. Only the best of them survive (they can't die willingly, since that's not honourable), so the one you're approaching would be a tough one. Slayers don't use any armor, but axes in any variation and are completely fearless (since they seek death)

Watch this little video if you want to get an impression of what I'm talking about: WAR
Sorry for the huge picture, don't know how to set the shown size).

[ April 23, 2007: Message edited by: Master BOB ]

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 12:41:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Master BOB:
[QB]What is sneaking good for? I play a dwarven slayer. Did you ever see a slayer sneak? Or throw rocks?

I fought instead of crouching, and I bet I had alot more fun than you. Sure, a pierced lung, damaged kidney, arrows in leg and hand, cut ear,  and a scar over the eye aren't easy to handle, but hey, i play a slayer after all! I'll fight even if I have to crouch, and if one axe got lost, I'll use the other one, or the hands if neccessary. Death is the only option - the enemies one or mine is the question.

(Note for those who don't know: slayers are dwarves who lost their honor for some reason. They leave their people, wandering around, seeking death to regain honor, and therefor fighting any enemy they see, even if that means fighting a dragon. Thats the reason why slayers are usually feared enemies. Only the best of them survive (they can't die willingly, since that's not honourable), so the one you're approaching would be a tough one. Slayers don't use any armor, but axes in any variation and are completely fearless (since they seek death)

Oh yeah?

Try being a naked elf that only gouges out eyes and strangles to death.

Master BOB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 05:19:00 am »

The only more or less nakes elves I know are wardancers. And I never heard of elves strangling anyone. They'd rather shoot or - in case of wardancers - strike with a blade (or more than one).
What I'm talking about is style. I know that it's different for everyone, but for me sneaking dwarves and strangling elves have no style. Vice versa is my advice.
Pages: 1 [2]