Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reaction Reagent Help  (Read 435 times)

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
Reaction Reagent Help
« on: November 19, 2022, 02:09:11 pm »

EDIT: After some discussion on the Discord, my current set of reaction is this:
This fixes my issues with the glass instruments, those are working correctly now. Adding the [MAX_MULTIPLIER:1] tag helped prevent the reaction from taking up the entire stack, as well.

For the rest, testing is ongoing.

I'm developing some reactions, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the correct form is for some of the reagents.

This is what I have currently:

The wood, stone, bone, and ceramic seem to work correctly (though I think the bone one is making too many). The horn, shell, leather, and glass aren't working correctly. Horn made hoof flutes, and the rest didn't recognize the reagents even though they existed in the fort (vanilla work orders with those materials were fine), which makes me suspect I'm not defining the reagents correctly for those. Is there anyone who can shed some light on this situation, or point me to some good examples?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 07:09:13 pm by Trainzack »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Reaction Reagent Help
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 08:16:23 am »

Horn made hoof flutes
That one's unavoidable because Dwarf Fortress actually classifies all Hoof materials as being a type of Horn (specifically, HOOF_TEMPLATE includes [HORN]).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 01:40:04 pm »

That one's unavoidable because Dwarf Fortress actually classifies all Hoof materials as being a type of Horn (specifically, HOOF_TEMPLATE includes [HORN]).

Hmm, okay. That's not ideal. Are there any popular mods out there that do provide a way to distinguish them? Or will I have to change the raws myself?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 06:23:25 am »

I would work that one out. Dwarf fortress is known for immersive and sometimes improbable situations. I can imagine a hoof fluit, something like an ocarina?