Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Impatient NPC's  (Read 1139 times)

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Impatient NPC's
« on: October 21, 2022, 10:10:10 am »

A short question:
Will NPC's change their red impatient attitude over time back to yellow or the neutral white one? I'm locked out of conversation with a lady of a site and the leader of the whole civ who was at the same location. And for whatever reason both were really fast in locking me out of conversation, whereas normally you would be able to get two or three different topics out of a person before he will take his leave and deny any further conversation.
I want to be hearthperson to either of those two - but somehow I smelled bad, or something similar.
I could kill them and get some other people on the throne, I know. But I would prefer to let them live. This time. Maybe. At least until I could bend my knees before them.

Will it reset or do I have to...retire them?

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Impatient NPC's
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 04:20:41 pm »

I believe just letting some time pass will reset their patience level. May have to unload the site too - just travel around a little.

Telling jokes (if your Comedy skill is decent) is a great way to restore/increase people's patience for you. Flattery may work as well, but seems to have a much higher skill threshold to be effective. Gifting people pets seems to permanently increase their attitude towards you; and, since you can just claim any stray animal wandering the site, you could actually gift the lady her own horse back to her for some easy friendship points.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Draegur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 12:20:58 am »

I have decreased their impatience state by telling a joke. Laughter soothes!

I don't know if i'm just getting lucky or if that's actually how it's supposed to work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 12:42:37 am »

Sounds just like real life
... except the part where you can befriend people by giving them pets. Real people sorta hate having other life forms dumped on them.