Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Silent Citadels RTD  (Read 2497 times)

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
Silent Citadels RTD
« on: November 21, 2022, 02:29:08 pm »

This RTD is set in a dark fantasy horror setting, where humanity is long gone in its original form, twisted by generations of exposure to the insidious magical emanations of the Starstone. The few remaining clans and tribes who remain close in mind and sometimes body to their ancestors now eke out a living in the hidden places, ever fearing the time when the monsters that roam the world, descendants of Old-earth creatures now unrecognizable as what they used to be. Still, hope blooms in these fearful enclaves, and magic is not all bad. It can bring life and hope too.
Character Creation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

White Deer People/Deermen

Serketists

Dracocentaurs

Stryx

Baraaka

Magic Types

Merits
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 11:11:21 am by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Citadels RTD
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 03:38:35 pm »

Monsters
True Dragons
True dragons are titanic reptilian abominations, each one an unique blight upon the world. Each has special powers and a uniquely grotesque appearance.
One may have four massive batlike wings and a skeletal appearance, while another may have four eyes and crystal spines running down their back. All are extremely dangerous and powerful.

Blood Wasps
These dog-sized wasps live in massive hives made from bones and magically shaped flesh. They are extremely aggressive, swarming unwary wanderers and tearing them apart to shore up their nests.

Gryphs
These eyeless vulture/cat hybrids each combine uniquely the worst elements of each of their constituents. Their fur and feathers are always matted with blood and filth, and the creatures often live in huge flocks of all ages and genders.

Necrodactyls
These grotesque abominations are the twisted remains of the inhabitants of the Old Earth city of Philadelphia. With grotesquely elongated limbs with skin stretched between them, and jagged fangs protruding from lipless mouths, they are truly fearsome to behold. Wicked claws are formed from what used to be their hands, and bony hooks replace their feet.

Anole Men
Gigantic lion-sized lizards with human faces and sticky pads on their feet that allow them to climb with astonishing speed, anole men are a common scourge of travelers.

Bird Slimes
These living piles of bloody feathers and bird bones are relatively harmless. The main damage they do is psychological, though they have been known to ferociously attack and dismember Stryx and Baraaka with avian features.

Lilith's Daughters
These snake/spider/human hybrids are all unique in appearance, but they are all vicious and territorial. They reproduce through laying eggs in live organisms which hatch and consume the host from the inside in a few weeks before emerging in a shower of blood.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:43:00 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:42:52 pm »

Can we get a character creation template to make sure we are doing things right? Also is there a limit on how many points out of the 15 you can distribute in one category? All in all this does look interesting so im up for giving it a shot!

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 03:45:34 pm »

The limit on points is 6 into any score. The template has been added.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 04:24:10 pm »

Spoiler: Scieth (click to show/hide)
Bam!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 03:25:29 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 08:03:54 pm »

Name: Amviola
Race: Harpy

Merits:
   Large Wings
   Strong Back

Ability Scores:
   Strength: 6
   Endurance: 4
   Intelligence: 0
   Charisma: 4
   Magic: 0
   Resolve: 1

Appearance: Mostly humanoid, with a mane of crimson feathers, taloned feet, and impressive wings. Really the whole of her is impressive, and she knows it. Built like a beast, it's impressive that she can fly even with her huge wings.
Personality: A proud killer who specializes in tearing apart monsters and people with her bare limbs. Desires attention and exercises constantly to maintain her body for both combat and aesthetic. Highly aggressive, but backs off quickly from anything which can actually harm her.

Picked a song for inspiration. :3
Talon Sheath.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 09:50:11 am »

Spoiler: Mahogany (click to show/hide)

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 12:45:59 pm »

Fluffe, your character is good, but you're supposed to put all of your scores in one section, and add the level of skill you have in your magic types(if you have it.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 04:47:07 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 04:57:55 pm »

VermilionSkies' Turn
You are currently hiding out in a hollow log. Something's claws scrape at the roof of your shelter while you hide inside. Moss hides you from sight as you clutch your weapon- a sharp branch.

Inventory
Stats

Fluffe9911's Turn
You are currently stalking a deer through what seems to have been a playground. You clutch your sharpened branch tightly.

Inventory
Stats

Egan_BW's Turn
The sun is falling. You are in what looks to be an old veterinary clinic. You clutch your sharpened branch tightly as you hear something skitter nearby. Something clicks again. It's closer than last time.

Inventory
Stats
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:42:16 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 06:59:22 pm »

Amviola looses a mighty squawk, dusts off and swoops the source of the noise, digging her talons into it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 08:33:29 pm »

Egan_BW's Turn
Amviola looses a mighty squawk, dusts off and swoops the source of the noise, digging her talons into it.
Roll = 3
You manage to catch with a talon what appears to be a massive spider with a human head, covered in jagged bone spikes. It shrieks and charges forward as you manage to carve a decent chunk out of its side. Ichorous black blood pours from the wound, staining the grimy tile floor even further. 

Roll = 6
The creature sinks its pointed teeth deep into your left arm, leaving a jagged wound behind as its stringy black hair becomes soaked with fresh blood. It shudders backwards a little, causing a couple of bottles to fall off a low-hanging shelf. This splashes a clear yellowish liquid everywhere.

Inventory
Stats
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:35:05 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 08:42:06 pm »

Grab it round the neck this time and then fly into the sky with it.

"Die, fucker!"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:46:33 pm by Egan_BW »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 08:44:28 pm »

Stay quiet, make as little noise as possible.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 08:52:40 pm »

Egan_BW's Turn
Grab it round the neck this time and then fly into the sky with it.
Roll = 6
You grab the spider creature on what you're pretty sure is it's neck and boost yourself into the air. Unfortunately, you forgot the tiny problem of the fact that there is a roof. Which means you might have a mild concussion now. At least the spider fell onto a broken girder, and is now convulsing violently while its black ichor pours profusely across the ground. Eh, at least the clinic and you are mostly intact.

Inventory
Stats

VermilionSkies' Turn
Stay quiet, make as little noise as possible.
Roll = 4
You slow your breathing and stay perfectly still. The thing outside skitters off somewhere else. Phew. You should probably figure out some real shelter before nightfall. The log is slowly flooding for some reason.

Inventory
Stats
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:58:41 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2022, 08:57:08 pm »

Meat! Rip into it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4