Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Silent Citadels RTD  (Read 2493 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Citadels RTD
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2022, 09:08:21 pm »

"who are you?"
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2022, 09:12:17 pm »

BlackPaladin99's Turn
"who are you?"
The figure startles from where they were sitting quietly reading and turns to you, pulling down their hood. They appear to have the facial features of a mouse or rat.
"Sorry for not seeing you there earlier. I'm Four. What's your name?"
Inventory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stats
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 11:10:28 am by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2022, 09:19:26 pm »

Just deck the nearest cat-birds. Neither cats nor birds stand up well to getting punched in the face, from what I've been taught of old-world creatures.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2022, 09:33:44 pm »

VermilionSkies' Turn
Just deck the nearest cat-birds. Neither cats nor birds stand up well to getting punched in the face, from what I've been taught of old-world creatures.
Roll = 1
You utterly fail to hit them, so much that you end up tripping over your own feet and faceplanting. The bird-cats wheel around, and begin clawing at your back.
Inventory
Stats
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:36:36 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2022, 10:23:41 pm »

Roll over and bash them away with my pouch.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2022, 10:41:06 pm »

Take flight out a window.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2022, 12:36:40 am »

Scieths heart is pounding as he looms over the corpse he stares into it's eyes and Scieth jolts backward as he sees the deer blink, he rubs his eyes and slowly opens them and this time only dead eyes look back at him. Scieth sighs dreading what comes next he readies his sharpened stick and slices.

You have done well. Dress the carcass and consume the flesh beasts like you can not afford to be picky. Store what you can't eat for later and use your gift to destroy what you can't store let no traces of your hunt remain for you will not return here and no evidence of how far you have fallen must survive. "Must I? Feels like a wa-" NO EVIDENCE "..."

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2022, 11:08:45 am »

VermilionSkies' Turn
Roll over and bash them away with my pouch.
Roll = 3
You unhook your pouch, and roll over, managing to clock one of the bird-cats in the side of the head. The fruits in your pouch are now squished and leaking everywhere, but the bird-cat is definitely unconscious. The remaining two squawk loudly and dive towards you.

Inventory
Stats

Egan_BW's Turn
Take flight out a window.
Roll = 5
You execute a stunning flourish as you leap out the window into flight, hovering just outside the window. A giant six-legged reptilian beast with massive sapphire-feathered wings and slime dripping from its empty eye sockets is swiping at a flock of creatures with cat heads and crow bodies. A building appears to have caught on fire spontaneously, probably because something exploded when it collapsed.

Inventory
Stats

Scieths heart is pounding as he looms over the corpse he stares into it's eyes and Scieth jolts backward as he sees the deer blink, he rubs his eyes and slowly opens them and this time only dead eyes look back at him. Scieth sighs dreading what comes next he readies his sharpened stick and slices.

You have done well. Dress the carcass and consume the flesh beasts like you can not afford to be picky. Store what you can't eat for later and use your gift to destroy what you can't store let no traces of your hunt remain for you will not return here and no evidence of how far you have fallen must survive. "Must I? Feels like a wa-" NO EVIDENCE "..."
Roll = 5
You use your stick to cut great chunks out of the dead deer, placing them in your pouch after gulping down two or three. Once your pouch is full to the brim, you place a hand on the carcass. The remaining flesh and bones make a loud pop noise before bursting into a cloud of ash-gray dust that blows away on the wind. Something big appears to be rampaging around the city. A few buildings have collapsed, and a restaurant appears to be on fire.
Inventory
Stats
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 02:48:52 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2022, 02:39:27 pm »

Scieth grumbles upon seeing the ashes blow away in the wind he wonders sometimes why he even bothers listening to the voice, was it always there? why does it speak to me? what even is it? Scieth sighs knowing he has no solid answers to any of these questions and stares into the horizon already having a good idea over what he will be told to do next.

Very good now leave these grounds away from the sounds of destruction and do not come back for at least a moon even predators must know when to run from danger.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2022, 02:58:04 pm »

Fluffe9911's Turn
Scieth grumbles upon seeing the ashes blow away in the wind he wonders sometimes why he even bothers listening to the voice, was it always there? why does it speak to me? what even is it? Scieth sighs knowing he has no solid answers to any of these questions and stares into the horizon already having a good idea over what he will be told to do next.

Very good now leave these grounds away from the sounds of destruction and do not come back for at least a moon even predators must know when to run from danger.
Roll = 6
You slip from the site of the kill, stumbling into a forest clearing as you accidentally trip over a stick. At least a dozen hooded figures, bare hands held high to where a pair of pigeons are bleeding out on top of a flat rock, throats slit. They appear to be singing, heedless of your presence.
Rise, rapture, riiii-se!
One dips a clawed finger in the blood and draws several sigils on the rock.
We turn our hopes up to the skiii-ies!
Something seems weirdly familiar here.

Inventory
Stats

Player Prompt!
Who are the cultists? They're related to the entity corrupting Scieth somehow.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 03:01:54 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2022, 04:11:34 pm »

As he looks upon the cultists in confusion Scieths head starts pounding blood filled visions of what must be the past (or maybe the future?) rapidly consume Scieths vision most but not all of it speeding by too fast and warped to properly comprehend after a second the visions recede and Scieth is brought back to reality once more although now with a bit more clarity into the current situation.

Spoiler: The Desvendado (click to show/hide)

"What should I do?" mumbles Scieth ... but for once the voice does not respond ...Very well I shall observe them from the sidelines for now but they must not know of my predictment. I fear what they would try if they knew.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 11:23:39 pm by Fluffe9911 »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2022, 04:59:24 pm »

Slide to the side and attempt to hit them with the pouch once they're close enough.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2022, 07:08:17 pm »

"Quiz'nakka, but call me Qui." he says.  "I'm here for a rest." 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2022, 11:26:47 am »

BlackPaladin99's Turn
"Quiz'nakka, but call me Qui." he says.  "I'm here for a rest." 
Four hums quietly to themself, eyes flashing violet.
"You are welcome to stay the night. My forge should be safe from monsters, after all its in my best interest to not be eaten in my sleep."
They turn back to their book.
Inventory
Stats

VermilionSkies' Turn
Slide to the side and attempt to hit them with the pouch once they're close enough.
Roll = 5
You manage to knock one unconscious, sending it careening into the second, knocking it out too.
Inventory
Stats

Fluffe9911's Turn
As he looks upon the cultists in confusion Scieths head starts pounding blood filled visions of what must be the past (or maybe the future?) rapidly consume Scieths vision most but not all of it speeding by too fast and warped to properly comprehend after a second the visions recede and Scieth is brought back to reality once more although now with a bit more clarity into the current situation.

Spoiler: The Desvendado (click to show/hide)

"What should I do?" mumbles Scieth ... but for once the voice does not respond ...Very well I shall observe them from the sidelines for now but they must not know of my predictment. I fear what they would try if they knew.
Roll = 5
The cultists continue with their ritual, unheeding of your presence.
As we forge our fortunes, from salt and from sand,
We call upon the powers of what came Before,
To grant us your Gift, to serve in your Name,
To let us serve you, to stake your Claim!
With a loud crack, the pigeons disappear, leaving behind only blood that is rapidly curdling into jagged shards of crystal. The lead cultist shrugs, the ritual evidently not having been up to par, before gathering up the shards and putting them into a bag. The cultists promptly disperse into the forest.
Inventory
Stats
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 03:03:55 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2022, 01:45:05 pm »

Scieth scoffs in anger and disapproval at the cultists Scieth thinks to himself that if he was in his glory days These trash would not leave alive quickly though these thoughts wane and Scieth is left ashamed at himself and pondering why he would ever think such a thing.

"Still away?" once more no response "Huh guess I'm getting better!" Scieth gives a sad chuckle to his own joke for he knows that is sadly not the case. Well I guess I should find a shelter of some type can't stay for long but I will need somewhere to rest my head when night approaches.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4