Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Mercenary Shootout Mafia - Game Over - Healing Kinda Busted  (Read 13703 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (3 / 7) - Phase 6 - The Few, The Fallen Many
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2023, 01:15:39 pm »

Bleh bleh bleh, I'm Mafia, I admit it, shoot me, Knightwing.  I'm gonna rant about the game because it's almost certainly over for one side or the other.  If you happen to be Evasive, you'll outlast me, and if you're not, I win.  You only have 2 Health, and so does Jim, so the game ends here regardless of who I shoot, but it's possible I miscalculated, and in that case, I don't see how it's possible for me to win, anyway.  There's no point trying to WIFOM Jim or you anymore, so feel free to talk and discuss.

1.)  Soft cover feels horrible to play against.  Artificially lengthens games that don't need to last this long.  Soft cover should only apply to total damage, or it should have a maximum number of uses.
2.)  Rifles feel horrible, since you can't exactly tell who's Marked and what-not, plus you're given no way to Mark people.
3.)  Sniper Rifles are like Rifles but so much worse.  Sniper Rifles should be dealing like 6-8 damage, since you need wind-up time, and being Marked should be an instant kill.  It'll feel bad to die to an instant kill from a Sniper Rifle, but they did setup.
4.)  Cannons are okay, but running out of bullets feels bad.  The fact they alone ignore cover is silly, since Cover is the worst mechanic to deal with.
5.)  Healing needs counters.  Right now, it's basically damage-soaking.  Flamethrowers should stop Medkits, but Medkits also artificially extend the game, but Flamethrowers should probably be lower damage and higher usage counts.  Additionally, change Medkits to Primary.
6.)  Assault Rifles should hit 3 people, and shouldn't stack their damage.
7.)  Shotguns are busted.  3 damage per Phase is basically a Sniper Rifle but better.
8.)  Marking people should be public.
9.)  Intel should be an option for Mafia.  Knowing what you're up against makes grabbing weapons easier, since otherwise, you only pick the options that do the most damage OR the option that has the most coverage.  You will never pick Concealed Knife or Extra Damage because they're going to be potentially bad picks.  You should literally always grab Silenced Pistol.  I only grabbed Flamethrower because I wanted to test out if it was better than I was expecting.  It was not.

There's some thoughts.  I have too much health, and I don't think I'm killable, but if I'm wrong, then oh well, sorry a1s.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2023, 01:22:24 pm »

What's your load out?

The game may come down to me flipping a coin between myself and Knightwing64 on who to heal but I don't think the odds are in the Loyalist's favor on this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2023, 01:52:35 pm »

Jim, How much does your gun do?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2023, 02:01:15 pm »

I am out of ammo. I cannot do any damage and have not been able to for several phases.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2023, 02:11:59 pm »

What's your load out?

The game may come down to me flipping a coin between myself and Knightwing64 on who to heal but I don't think the odds are in the Loyalist's favor on this.
Well, I'm not exactly willing to tell you what I actually have on the off-chance that you do have something that counters me, but I believe that no matter what happens, the game either ends with either you two both dying or all three of us dying, which I believe might be a tie, since you already are aware I don't have the Explosive Vest, since I was, indeed, the one with the Flamethrower.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2023, 02:29:29 pm »

I am out of ammo. I cannot do any damage and have not been able to for several phases.

^

incompetent

Ahh.

That felt good.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2023, 02:32:35 pm »

Alright.

End phase early.

Situations where the scum team can be revealed or even reveal themselves and still win are stupid. If the game reaches the point where the scum team can do that then they should just win instead.

^

incompetent

Ahh.

That felt good.

Bite me, three time no show.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2023, 02:54:04 pm »

Yeah, I don't disagree, Jim, but FoU says there's technically a way for my team to lose, but... I don't think there is.

End phase early.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2023, 02:56:38 pm »

incompetent
You have no right to claim this after not shooting 3 times.  You are not entirely to blame for your team potentially losing, but you are a majority stakeholder.  Jim did his fucking best, and if you think it's his fault, then you didn't pay any attention.

Jim was the Town MVP.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2023, 02:57:55 pm »

... Okay, technically, TricMagic was the Town MVP, but Jim was a really close second.  He did literally all of the work for you guys, and he didn't deserve to lose.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2023, 02:59:23 pm »

Two of those 3 times were totally not my fault

If we want to be technical

So

As Jim would say

Bite me

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2023, 03:00:24 pm »

So

As Jim would say

Bite me
Who would you have shot on those days?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2023, 03:03:39 pm »

... Okay, technically, TricMagic was the Town MVP, but Jim was a really close second.  He did literally all of the work for you guys, and he didn't deserve to lose.

Also, I suspected you since the start. a1s was so suspicious my mind thought they were Tric.

The only reason I feel like I didn’t call you guys out was I was so put out of my rhythm with the one day thing

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2023, 03:04:09 pm »

So

As Jim would say

Bite me
Who would you have shot on those days?

You, and maybe Jack/a1s.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (5 / 7) - Phase 3 - Bloody Pyre
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2023, 03:08:13 pm »

@Knightwing:  Then the only possibility here is that Jim was shot twice by a1s and Jack.  I wasn't shot by a1s.

You gave in way too fast here. Town Web wouldn’t have given in that fast. I suspect you were trying to buddy me
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22