Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the game crash when you become ruler of a site?  (Read 1570 times)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does the game crash when you become ruler of a site?
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:42:55 am »

So I enter a human town, seemingly abandoned and taken over by a group of bandits. There's a few people in the citadel, the ruler might a chieftess and they are "right in all matters."

I'm in the castle. There's just 3 people there. To a random monk I announce I am the new ruler, I get a message "You are now on control of Meshvise, ruling the Fellowship of Amazement from the Castle of bothering" - press enter for more, but the game does not respond to any keys on the keyboard.

What the hell happened?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Does the game crash when you become ruler of a site?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 12:58:51 pm »

Well it obviously froze, but no idea why. That doesn't usually happen, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 04:55:18 pm »

Well it obviously froze, but no idea why. That doesn't usually happen, though.

Thanks, I guess t was just that time them.

I worked around it by quitting, retiring the adventurer and then un-retiring him,

Autunite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2023, 02:14:47 am »

Would be funny if as soon as you become ruler, the game asked you if you want to start fortress mode.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2023, 02:18:23 am »

I'm in the castle. There's just 3 people there. To a random monk I announce I am the new ruler, I get a message "You are now on control of Meshvise, ruling the Fellowship of Amazement from the Castle of bothering" - press enter for more, but the game does not respond to any keys on the keyboard.

What the hell happened?

Obviously you won the game. Congratulations!