Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Gruesome Deaths And Successful Saves  (Read 9692 times)

Silene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gruesome Deaths And Successful Saves
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

Mong Mongbedo was probably my fifth adventurer made to break in and get familiar with a new generated world, and he lived up to his name. Nation Nationdistance furthered the divide between warring elves and humans in the southern regions of the map, only to meet his unlucky demise whilst shopping in Passround. Having just purchased fully exceptional iron equipment, he makes his way to the next shop to poke around. (ie, I hammer num9.) The first unexpected elf of the ambush gets butchered - it was my carelessness (or the elf's sneakiness?) that allowed the second to, previously unnoticed, fire a second arrow. Note that said assassin is now drowning in the pool with its entrails hanging out.

Mong had just recruited his first companions as well: a human woman with a crossbow, and a female elf wielding a greataxe. Both wore gruesome jewelry made of elf bone and leather. While Mongbedo bled to death in the rain, the crossbowman fired bolts at the now-wildly-vomiting guard, as the supposedly friendly elf approached our fallen adventurer.

If there were wound treatment in the game, she might have stopped the bleeding. As it is now, I like to think she set him up for the ambush, tipping off the two Raven of Hide assassins that their race's mortal enemy be may finally stopped.

It was a sad day for the Southern human resistance in Artuktar Kafek.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:50:12 pm by Silene »

Silene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2010, 11:46:59 pm »

lol, double post of fail >_<

edit to Cthulhu: and yet, it was in fact the latest semi-relevant thread found!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:56:06 pm by Silene »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2010, 11:52:37 pm »

Wow, that was quite a necro, from like two days after I joined the forum.
Shoes...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2010, 04:10:22 pm »

If I recall correctly some of the threads from before the forum move don't list correctly sometimes showing up out of order.

But it is a good necro.  I liked this thread.  And it was a relevant post.

As for me the best thing I can come up with is an adventurer exploring an old fort built into a pit type chasm.  The fort had died to clowns, and the adventurer could fly.  Instead of taking the longer stairway back up to the upper levels of the fortress, I decided to fly up the chasm to save a bit of time.

The !!clown!! didn't like that and charged me in the air. We tangled together and fell something along the order of 20 z levels back down to the floor near the bottom of the chasm I took off from.  Neither of us survived the explosion of limbs that followed.

That happened another time too, but it was a giant bat that time, and fell all the way into the chasm, so it wasn't quite as spectacular.

EDIT: Uh oops, another necro I guess, I just saw it come up on my list near the top for some reason and didn't check the date.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2010, 05:50:54 pm »

There are worse things. As long as the threads are enjoyable, I don't think necroing is an issue.

As for me, I attacked an Elven town with a few drunks. We killed most of the town which miraculously seemed devoid of bowelves. Alas, the Druid happened to be a legendary markself. He killed our entire group all by himself. I managed to get the last laugh though as I, with pierced heart and lungs, ripped out an arrow from by dead companion's head and threw it at the druid, killing him instantly before collapsing myself.

Yelloq

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAVE_ADAPT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2010, 09:59:30 pm »

Just a moment ago, I decided to adventure. I was a Swordsman, set on killing a Wolf Demon, exited for my first quest. While traveling, I decided that I should train my skills before facing this Wolf Demon. I couldn't find any wolves, so I looked around in all directions. The only this I saw was a dwarven fortress. I said, "What the hell," and ran up to the place in the dead of night, instantly slaying a AxeDwarf with my Bismuth Bronze Short Sword. I looked at his Steel Battle Axe and smiled. I put away my sword, and picked up the axe, hefting it in my hand. "This'll work," I said, before a child tried to punch me. I roared with laughter, and promptly sliced his head off with one fell swing. I continued into the fortress, finding nothing of interest inside. I searched for a little while before a strange voice entered my head. "Good, my child... good. Now, KILL MAIM BURN!" It said, strong and menacing, while calm and reassuring. I obeyed, climbing up the ramp, and back into the sunlight. I ran around for about a minute before finding a fisher dwarf. I calmly cut into his chest and watched his lifeblood seep out of him as he died. I kicked his corpse before continuing my search for dwarfs. Not a moment later I hear, "I am Mestthos MachineEntered, king of BronzeUnited! Prepare to die!" I chuckled, saying, "So that's the name of this shithole." The King raged, charging at me. I sliced into his chest, but he refused to fall. His Steel Great Hammer crashed into my left arm, bruising it. Good thing I moved my arm when I did, or my blood lust would have ended, as I am left handed. I chopped into him a few more times before slicing him in half across the waist. I laughed, watching blood spurt out of his two halves. In my mind, that menacing voice returned, laughing along with me. At once, I knew it was the unspoken god... Armok. I suddenly grew very cold as the thought shattered my sanity. I let out a blood curdling battle cry, and charged. I didn't know where I was going, but before I knew it, I had crashed into another Axedwarf and a Ranger. I attacked the Axedwarf, all of my strikes bouncing off his chestplate. "Don't worry, child. He isn't tough," The voice said. I spun, slicing the Axedwarf in two, spraying blood everywhere, covering me and his Ranger butt-buddy. I slew the Ranger with two swings, and was off again, before I noticed the bolts sticking out of my chest and head. It didn't hurt, but I could feel a spreading warmth where I was hit. All of the sudden, at least 10 dwarfs rushed me, women and children alike. I was almost shocked before I charged into their masses, slicing limbs and heads clean off, arcing away from the massacre. I didn't leave unscathed though. I had a broken wrist, and most of my body was bruised. As the sun rose, I fell to my knees, feeling faint, and looked over the dead fortress. The world was silent as I fell onto my side, blood pooling around my still body as the sun rose. Dawn was breaking. As I closed my eyes to the warmth of the sun, I knew I had served Armok well...
as complicated as dressing up in a clown suit and abducting every male child in the fort, cutting off their penises, peeling the foreskins off and wearing them like finger puppets and secluding oneself in a workshop where one just sits there making little plays with the finger puppets.
i am now completely worried

RPharazon

• Bay Watcher
  • [SEVERONBREAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2010, 10:27:58 pm »

A few hours ago, I started an arena battle between a grand master axe/armor/shield/dodge/fighterdwarf and 10 female elephants. I took control of the dwarf.

It started out well, positioned over a lava pit. I managed to slice off the trunks of two elephants, and I amputated all of the limbs of another elephant, but they were quickly trampling me to death.
After a minute or so of their blows glancing off my adamantine armor, I suddenly became tired. This was bad.
I was knocked over, losing my speed advantage. The elephants were trampling me and trampling me, and I got to the point where I had Heavy Bleeding and Extreme Pain.
I crawled into the lava pit, choosing a dignified death. I was melting when, lo and behold, something wondrous happened.
Code: [Select]
You are caught in a pool of lava!
You are melting!
You are melting!
Elephant 1 leaps at You!
Elephant 1 kicks You in the upper body with his right front foot, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
Elephant 1 collides with You!
You are knocked over and tumble backward!
You are melting!
You lose hold of the adamantine battle axe.
You are melting!
The Elephant 1 is caught in a pool of lava!
You are melting!
Elephant 1 kicks You in the left upper leg with his right front foot, bruising the muscle!
You are melting!
You have bled to death.

Elephants are full of hate.
<Zaratustra> DF -is- a complex version of the sims
<Zaratustra> except instead of purchasing new sofas
<Zaratustra> you die

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2010, 08:10:15 pm »

How can you stop bleeding? Do you just have to wait?

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2010, 03:22:45 am »

Seems like it, I've yet to find any sort of medical item in a town...

Also;

Stupid wolves.  >:(

Farewell S†kzul Rithokol Amud Kosh.  :'(
[pizza=omnomnom]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]