Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 385701 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • "Sanity impaired"
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4800 on: February 17, 2020, 01:00:44 am »

What is a dean? A vampire showed up as one in my game for some reason. I also can't ask where the aforementioned vampire is.

Probably one of the new cosmetic noble positions, like "high councillor" and "chief justiciar". Doesn't actually do anything.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 23, 2020, 05:19:37 am »

the wiki still says,

Regardless of weapon skills, a large copper dagger will always be included in the starting equipment,

but none of my adventurers (all dwarves) since starting 0.47.03 have started with one... i don't remember seeing them available in the starting equipment menu either.  i guess the new menu uses the race raws, and dwarves don't make daggers, so don't get them at startup?  what about kobolds/goblins/etc?

faldotmo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: February 23, 2020, 09:20:40 pm »

During Rags' travels, they stole rightfully acquired an artifact-level longsword and later became the hearthperson of a small human village halfway across the map. After completing their first assignment (killing said beast with the artifact) the sword has disappeared from their inventory. Forcing Legends mode reveals the sword was stolen from the village by Rags, then stored in the village, stolen by Rags three times in a row, used to kill the quest-assigned beast, and finally stored once more all in the same day. I cannot find the sword anywhere in the village houses and tavern. Is there any way to retrieve it? Thanks for any and all help!

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Comprehensive Earthbound creatures/interaction mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: February 23, 2020, 09:53:25 pm »

the wiki still says,

Regardless of weapon skills, a large copper dagger will always be included in the starting equipment,

but none of my adventurers (all dwarves) since starting 0.47.03 have started with one... i don't remember seeing them available in the starting equipment menu either.  i guess the new menu uses the race raws, and dwarves don't make daggers, so don't get them at startup?  what about kobolds/goblins/etc?

I might change that in the wiki today. You're correct about the raws: the weapons you can choose on embark are controlled by what weapons the civ can produce in their entity raws. This is why humans may start with whips while dwarves cannot.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: February 24, 2020, 10:09:34 pm »

Hi
I haven't played adventure mode in a while, I noticed there is now this entry in the Keybindings part of the Manual:
Tab - Change to another party member.

Could someone explain me the requirements to use it?
I have several companions who joined me on my adventures, but the Tab key does nothing.
I assume that either we are not considered a "party" or they are not considered "party members", just companions...
Do I need to found site / have named group to use it? Do they need to be my hearthpersons? If not, what are the actual requirements?

The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321]