Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 754597 times)

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #2760 on: July 20, 2013, 12:23:40 pm »

The Ettin Kas, the Taker of Tulips, has been punished for his many crimes against local garden enthusiasts.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 21, 2013, 04:13:49 pm »

I was chosing the starting civilisation for my fortress and i saw so many stupid names , i don't remember them clearly but i remember 2 of the stupidest.

The gates of emptiness.

The savages of spikes.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:32 pm »

The gates of emptiness.
That's not stupid, that's straight from Zen Buddhist canon (The Gateless Gate), but it might also be a reference to the Taoist concept of a gate (or wheel, vase etc.) deriving its usefulness from what is NOT there. A gate without a hole is just a wall, you know? And applied to DF, walling your fortress off like that is a sure way to miss out on a lot of fun.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 21, 2013, 08:06:33 pm »

The gates of emptiness.
That's not stupid, that's straight from Zen Buddhist canon (The Gateless Gate), but it might also be a reference to the Taoist concept of a gate (or wheel, vase etc.) deriving its usefulness from what is NOT there. A gate without a hole is just a wall, you know? And applied to DF, walling your fortress off like that is a sure way to miss out on a lot of fun.

Deep, man.

For some strange reason, I think "The Awe-Inspiring Rack" was named for less intellectual reasons.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 22, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »

The gates of emptiness.
I approve of your ways , but in my opinion the gates of emptiness means there is nothing behind the gates.
So it's kind of they are shitting themselves and being like "whatever ,we got nothing"

Also i just made a new military squad and I got the most serious names ever.

The Gilded Morals

The Diamond Griffons
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 28, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »

A book written by a necromancer titled "Can Storage save the world?" by a necromancer. It is about him storing another book in his tower, an essay about his autobiography. Is there a thread about funny stuff found in legends mode? I will make it if there isn't.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:40:41 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 29, 2013, 12:07:46 am »

One of my more recent forts had a squad named The Red Shirts. I sent them on a scouting mission into the caverns, and that went about as well as you'd expect for a group with that name. Sadly, I failed to capitalize on the situation and didn't send my Expedition Leader, Chief Medical Dwarf, and First Officer Sheriff with them.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 29, 2013, 01:03:09 pm »

When genning a 65x65 world primarily consisting of different evil biomes it's inevitable to get some hilarious names.

first there's a single tile-sized field known as the Living Field. This Living Field is surrounded on all sides by an expansive wasteland known as the God-Forsaken Wastes. Probably gonna build my fort on the border of those two.

The Jungles of Enjoyment, located right next door to the Sinful Forests and the Waters of Shame. Innuendos ho! The Winters of Guilt, the Jungle of Phlegms, the Dune of Smut, the Screaming Fields, and the most terrifying place of all, the Murk of Posts.

Also, one of the largest mountain ranges and the homeplace of all of the dwarves in the world is known as the Powerful Mountain, located high to the north. Not named Mountains, but singular Mountain. Basically I imagine it's a giant mass of mountain rock spanning miles and surrounded on all sides by evil tundras. The dwarves in this world must be seriously metal badasses.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Silfarion

• Bay Watcher
  • praise mlaatr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:27 am »

My current fortress is called Hairybasement

BENGAL

HAIRYBASEMENTS

Anyways

I generated a human pikeman in adventure mode

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sounds more like an elf than a human...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:04:16 am by Silfarion »
BEARDS! BEARDS FOR THE POOR!

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 30, 2013, 05:30:41 am »

Jefmajor best DF Letsplayer 2012-13
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Silfarion

• Bay Watcher
  • praise mlaatr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 30, 2013, 03:18:20 pm »

Generated another guy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess you can say he was a

8)

Fishy person

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
BEARDS! BEARDS FOR THE POOR!

MrCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Because I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: August 01, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »

A book called "Glad Trees" which is a two page poem written by a necromancer and not, as I suspected, a painting manual.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: August 04, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »

"Tell them it was the Terrors of Stretching, if you live!"

what is even going on here

oh_no

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: August 04, 2013, 06:20:06 pm »

My current adventurer is on a continent called "The Land of Murder". It's also a world with an excessive number of megabeasts.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mustard Elemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: August 05, 2013, 08:20:47 am »

The Finger of Watches, The Tight Tundra and The Fleshy Hills within 5 map tiles of each-other, Also "The Ice of Seizures" and "The Frost of Flushing" in "The Blueness of Robustness"
The military is all gathered in one huge mass on top of the ramp to the mountaintop, where the entrance is. Apparently they spend their time taking potshots at owls, pushing babies off the ledge, and giggling.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 238