Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 754491 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #3030 on: November 28, 2014, 04:39:58 pm »

Fortress name: Gatekeepers
Group name: The Fence of Fists
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: November 28, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »

Fortress name: Gatekeepers
Group name: The Fence of Fists
That's not funny, that's awesome.

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: November 28, 2014, 06:11:15 pm »

I once found a titan's lair with "moist loins" in its name. Can't remember the full name, had to delete the world because it got laggy.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: November 28, 2014, 06:30:42 pm »

Speaking of lairs:

Uvash Idenlimul, champion: Our people have been tormented by a fearsome foe.  The Tenacious Nuts is in The Hill of Luxury.  Seek this place if you hunt Ongox the giant.
You: Can you tell me the way to The Tenacious Nuts?
Uvash Idenlimul, champion: The Tenacious Nuts is nearly a day's travel to the south.  [You receive a detailed description.]
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Sir_Carealot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 28, 2014, 06:50:13 pm »

Got myself on an adventure where I ran into the vampire named "Pricedsnacks", somewhere outside the village "Strokenuts". Both of the names made me smile until I became a priced snack for the vamp when he got the munchies... and my companions just stood 2 squares away watching us chop limbs off eachother. They were probably vamps too, damn traitors.

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 28, 2014, 07:25:06 pm »

Once I've run across with a group of humans who called themselves as the "Fellowship of whiskey".
They have my ultimate respect. :D

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: November 28, 2014, 10:08:01 pm »

Bandit gang called "Romantic Colors"

Elven civ called "Climatic Councils"
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

morhavoc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 03, 2014, 04:18:42 pm »

A fortress named "Loveacts," founded by a group called "The Temptations of Whipping." Apparently I founded a fortress full of dwarven BDSM enthusiasts.

And yes, all squads wore leather and wielded whatever whips I could get my hands on.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 04, 2014, 03:34:41 am »

Speaking of lairs:

Uvash Idenlimul, champion: Our people have been tormented by a fearsome foe.  The Tenacious Nuts is in The Hill of Luxury.  Seek this place if you hunt Ongox the giant.
You: Can you tell me the way to The Tenacious Nuts?
Uvash Idenlimul, champion: The Tenacious Nuts is nearly a day's travel to the south.  [You receive a detailed description.]
Were you traumatized by this 'detailed' description? Did he draw you a picture?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 05, 2014, 08:41:02 am »

Just started a new adventure and the first generated name was Jathbi Balltramples and he worshiped the goddess of marriage.

Eep. I changed he to a she after that. Now she sounds like some kind of men hating jilted lover.

Found a crossbow companion traveled half a day to the north found a dwarf fort got sick of walking down the long long staircase and jumped off it into space instead. Fell a bunch of z levels and exploded on contact with the floor. Didn't fight or do anything else. Divine parentage indeed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:57:33 am by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

WhitleyTheMountain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 08, 2014, 09:22:02 am »

I ended up with some odd names in my most recent world:
A book entitled The Secret of the Book After the End in the Time of My Ancestors. The single longest title ever. It's also a book about a book about a book about a book.
I was scrolling through important figures and I came across a goblin called Smallvile. I should be on the lookout for the goblin town of Superman.
A civilization called the Bunches of Shame.
Another civilization called the Blue Orange. I don't think they get color.
An island called the Friendly Island. Unfortunately, the only land on it was The Waning Plane of Violence. It sends mixed messages.
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 10, 2014, 02:57:31 am »

Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 16, 2014, 03:05:20 pm »

Another civilization called the Blue Orange. I don't think they get color.

I have an idea. Maybe they do get colour and the town was orignally going to be called Grey. They just realised it would be bland, so they went with two colours that can be mixed to get grey.

Sheesh, I'm thinking too much today.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 17, 2014, 01:34:49 am »

I was thinking of a moldy orange...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3044 on: December 19, 2014, 05:10:54 pm »

Sog Berul, "The Conqueror of Bastions"

Engraved on the wall is a well-designed image of a dwarf by Imush Stakudthad.

Morusbumal, "The Uncommon Worries"

Engraved on the floor is a finely-designed image of Zaneg Flashedwheeled the dwarf and large roaches by Imush Stakudthad. Zaneg is surrounded by the large roaches.

(Right next to it: Shungmag Istlig, "The Disgust of Critters." Not related in subject matter, but funny.)

Gothum Avush, "The Bottom of Infection"

Engraved on the floor is a finely-designed image of backpacks by Imush Stakudthad.

Akestreksas, "The Dominant Sin"

Engraved on the floor is a finely-designed image of The Dwarves: Principles And Practice the water buffalo bone-bound book by Imush Stakudthad.

That last one sounds like "On the Nature of Dwarves." Is Imush saying that dwarves are sinful, or that studying them is?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 238