Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 765383 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #3090 on: March 14, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »

Bokor BigEars.
thincake

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 16, 2015, 09:49:28 pm »

Ricgo Mopman. Actually a maceman, maybe he moonlights as a janitor...
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: March 16, 2015, 09:51:03 pm »

Or maybe he's just so manly that even his weapon has a beard.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: March 16, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »

I got an axe called "The block of edges."
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: March 17, 2015, 07:47:41 pm »

The Human Hamlet of Treatyline.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #3095 on: March 22, 2015, 07:10:17 pm »

This pretty much speaks for itself.

This has to be one of my favorites in the thread. Simple but so fitting.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Noblaum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: March 24, 2015, 02:35:30 am »

I keep getting really weird ones looking at legends mode.

Don't have the saves anymore, but I vividly remember one absurdly goblin-tainted dark world had a bunch of human bandit gangs roaming around. Just about every single one I came across was named something like "The Lovely Kisses" led by fearsome warriors with names like "Ekul Righteoushugs". Pretty much every one I saw was named something along those lines, which was hilarious because they'd be the ones doing the most murdering. I somewhat ironically nicknamed the valley where they all lived Happyville.

More recently (as in, this is for sure the name) there was a Necromancer Tower, the terrifyingly named Playedcaves.
As an aside, it contains roughly 75% of that world's written works, and roughly 90% of those are by one necromancer writing "stunningly" self-indulgent autobiographies and another writing scathing essays on the former, while another wrote a book entitled "Playedcaves: My Only Mistake" so I can only assume it's about the name.
Also in that world, the fittingly-named god of fame and rumors: Gisur LEGENDBRAINS. It is a fitting name, but just imagine having disciples who call you that in prayer each day.
Meanwhile, a vampiress named Icen Pumpkinstrapped went on a "rampage", eating an entire two people and wounding one.
Icen Pumpkinstrapped was also linked to a few battles through direct fighting and people she'd eaten; she fought in the epically-named War of Lances in the less-so Outrageous Battle. During which she killed an elf who had fought in the Disemboweled Clashes, a separate war called the Conflict of Disembowelment, and the Outrageous Attack in the (descriptive) Violent War.
The elf who eventually killed her has a long list of stupid battles; the Battles of Murder, the Outrageous Assault (another one), the Squeezing Onslaught, the Outrageous Onslaught (yet again), and many more. Some of the best include the Violent Siege, the Outrageous Assaults (plural), the Assault of Ransacking, the Assault of Murder, and the (my favorite) War of Sharks.
The best part is, reading the logs for all the battles, they were all epic and massive-scale involving Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, and Humans all making daring land-rushes and killing and dying by the hundreds for their doomed civilizations, and still they come up with names like "the Violent Siege" (where 640 combatants died horribly). Along with one Dwarf named Bootbites, formerly of the Hoary Oar of Portentous Sacks.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: March 24, 2015, 04:40:17 am »

A camp where a necro bandit kept launching zombie attacks from was called Flingskull. And the battle in which elves attacked my retired fort was aptly named 'The Squashed Assault'.

Noblaum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: March 25, 2015, 01:09:59 am »

Found yet another oddly-named war, but this time instead of something understated like "The Siege of Violence" or "The Outrageous Battle" someone mustered enough creativity to call it The Crucifixion-War of Volcanoes. Unfortunately, unlike the epic Battle of Troy-style massive-scale wars this one had only one battle and 82 deaths overall (compared to the 500-600 deaths of most battles, let alone wars). Even worse, the battle itself was the grim-sounding Fell Assault. Seems like it should've had necromancers raising the dead of ancient, forgotten conflicts and instead it was just a bunch of elves shooting a bunch of invading goblins. The town they were fighting over had a population of ten elves, one human, and one hundred bobcats, leopards, grizzly bears, and jaguars. One hundred of EACH. The only possible reason they could've had to attack was the appearance of a milk run or more cool-sounding but vicious mounts than they could handle (BEAR INFANTRY ARISE).

Speaking of the scary animals with pointy teeth, just found a forgotten beast named Badnightmares. That's definitely not a name you want to deal with if you intend on sleeping normally.
Cos, y'know, nightmares and all that jazz. Descriptive anyway.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:57:27 am by Noblaum »

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 27, 2015, 10:56:56 am »

There are many engravings and crafts in my most recent fort, which keep telling the tale of one "Thob Bustslapped" striking down a yeti. There must be a story behind that name..

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 27, 2015, 09:54:04 pm »

Apap Lashsplashes. Say that three times fast.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 29, 2015, 05:24:59 pm »

Some giants from a modded civ:

Ora Problemsmashes
Obri Teethimpaled
Sohig Clobberprowled the Dabbling Scholar
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 30, 2015, 06:53:46 am »

Arkur Murderenjoyed. You'd expect some history with a name like that, but all he did was die after marrying a wife who married him and then died.
The Forest Retreat of Punchsister.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 30, 2015, 06:05:10 pm »

I once found a terryfing hill named "Hill of Suckers"

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #3104 on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:08 pm »

I once found a terryfing hill named "Hill of Suckers"

Speaking of hills, my current adventurer has made their home in the Hill of Beer, the mead hall of a village whose residents were all killed by a titan, apparently.
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 238