Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 766114 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #3120 on: April 13, 2015, 07:35:43 pm »

The RNG is always dirty. There's also the factor of specific cases looking for words from specific symbol definitions, which may be word groups that are nothing but verbal filth. Megabeasts like minotaurs have a good chance of being called dung, for instance.
I did find some lovely symmetric bottoms recently. Being human is a perverted business.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 14, 2015, 06:48:20 am »

Maybe it's not the RNG, but your perception that's perverted. Is a name like 'Touchedroots' really that smutty?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3122 on: April 14, 2015, 11:18:48 am »

The RNG is always dirty. There's also the factor of specific cases looking for words from specific symbol definitions, which may be word groups that are nothing but verbal filth. Megabeasts like minotaurs have a good chance of being called dung, for instance.
Huh, I thought symbols were only used for civs. The more you know.

I did find some lovely symmetric bottoms recently. Being human is a perverted business.
I do appreciate some symmetric bottoms as well. Though TBH I've yet to see any asymmetrical ones.

Maybe it's not the RNG, but your perception that's perverted. Is a name like 'Touchedroots' really that smutty?
I don't think it's just my perception when the RNG generates a lust goddess with the name Daslut, or a human female lasher whose last name in the human language is Analho (not making this up).

Anyway, my latest world has a dragon named Ertal Parchedflames the Hot Fire. Talk about redundant...

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 14, 2015, 11:48:18 am »

I do appreciate some symmetric bottoms as well. Though TBH I've yet to see any asymmetrical ones.
I haven't either, but I may not have studied them all closely enough. You can never be too certain. Kind of like breasts, women always say that they're slightly asymmetrical, but you have to give them an exhaustive examination before you can notice any difference. And even if you can't, that's no reason to stop examining.

Sharpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 14, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »

Latest character was Lecit Hipgames. Although she now is missing a leg. So maybe less manoeuvrable in the hip region?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 14, 2015, 01:55:40 pm »

Someone's been playing games with her hip. And broke it.

Partial correction on creature names: creatures have spheres, not symbols, associated with them. The spheres determine words that will end up in names, such as dragons possessing "fire" and "wealth" which gives you names like Arkus Gildeddiamonds the Wealth of Ashes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sharpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 15, 2015, 03:16:18 pm »

Netrecreations the Squirting Decision

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 15, 2015, 09:56:31 pm »

Inashitnet (Organ Uncertain). You're in a shit net now, Urist.

Manually assigned this one, but it's possible to get.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3128 on: April 16, 2015, 01:20:20 pm »

A Symphony of Nettle and Donkeys (it concerns the necromancer Isun Rhythmicpanther)
Clodrelease: Funerals and Gory Solutions (the writing is clear evidence of a compassionate being and contains practical advice on dealing with nobles)
Pregnancycraft III: Reign of Bandit (it concerns the necromancer Anon Archeyes)
The Definitive Magma (the writing shows a hint of tenderness)
The Girls of Stagshil Summitboarded (the writing is depressing and most of the pages are stuck together)
Lord of the Pants: Twin Groove (the writing is very compassionate and contains detailed instructions on various dance moves)
Stinthad Shipgleam and Other Travesties (authored by Stinthad Shipgleam)
This may not be that funny, but I though it kinda cool that one world gen'd 2 books with the matching titles of 101 Ways to Improve Your Vice and 101 Ways To Improve Your Virtue.
Now I have this mental image of necromancers being punks belonging either to the Straight Edge or the Bent Edge subculture.

Non-books:
The Fellowship of Stroking (criminal organization)
Vulgarholes (cave)
Killhells (cave)
Menhair (town)
Barship (fortress, maybe not THAT funny but I feel it's really appropriate)
Deadhag the Lustful Stench (gluttony megabeast)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 16, 2015, 04:12:19 pm »

What book name mod you using? Sounds alright... or is this an easy thing you can change yourself?
One wheel short of a wagon

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 16, 2015, 04:22:39 pm »

I don't think all of those are real- one of them is on dancing for example.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 16, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »

Could be a Mod, though... would like to know...
One wheel short of a wagon

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3132 on: April 17, 2015, 09:47:33 am »

Yeah I modded the titles in. The raws in the text folder (book_art and book_instruction) have the titles - easy enough to add in your own.
Can't mod in new book descriptions, though, the ones I posted like the one about dancing or the pages being stuck together are just for fun.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 17, 2015, 10:09:56 am »

An artifact set of chain leggings called 'Bottomclasped'.
Fairly accurate tbh.
thincake

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 18, 2015, 01:01:50 pm »

A book called called "Start Your Day With Thep Ponderedmined". The writing has a hint of viciousness to it.

Right next to it. "The Human and the Fondled Bear". The writing is depressing.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 238