Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 754488 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #2730 on: May 19, 2013, 06:31:54 pm »

Well, my mind IS in the gutter, so I guess that I'd be prone to seeing unusual things. :-\
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: May 19, 2013, 11:04:21 pm »

Dunno, man. I may be missing something obvious but it seems a long bow has been drawn to get a boob joke out of that.

It's called Titsexsta, what more do you need?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: May 20, 2013, 12:11:07 am »

Oh. Ok. So when I said "I may be missing something obvious" I was right.  :P (I guess I ignore the fantasy language and skip right to the translation, my bad)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: May 20, 2013, 04:32:00 am »

Not so much funny as awesome; but I got a migrant metalsmith with the name 'Urosh Steelcyclones'. Screw metalsmithing, you're joining the army!

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 16, 2013, 08:16:55 pm »

Making Axe Dwarf Hit R twice Got

"Tun HatchetSlaughter"

Edit: It just got the title "The Silvery Drain of Ferns"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:15:08 pm by Spleenling »

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 21, 2013, 12:44:17 pm »

I saw a couple of hydra with weird names.  The first was "Pare Blistersucks the Pelts of Vomit".  I thought that name was weird, then I saw the name of the second one, "Quula Bristlejuice the Frothy Ape of Belches".

Seriously game... you pick some weird name.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 22, 2013, 10:25:50 pm »

There are a few funny names I've happened across before, the most recent being a giant named Birod the Massive Persuader, which she demonstrated very well when I went to fight her.

Once, while looking through Legends mode, I found a leather armor that had a picture of loincloths on it. It was called Jonositi, "The Naughty Targets". I went back into adventurer mode to see if I could find it. I did... I was wearing it... I had made it...

Finally, there was a minotaur I was sent to kill. His name was Kivish Buttockchampion. I don't want to know how he earned his name.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: June 23, 2013, 01:11:12 am »

I don't want to know how he earned his name.

Ass-kicking.

djdexcat

• Escaped Lunatic
  • !!Newbie!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 23, 2013, 02:40:24 am »

On one of my very first adventure mode attempts, I was attacked by some bandits calling themselves 'The Friendly Horses'. Personally, it cracked me up even as their archers pincushioned me.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 25, 2013, 07:17:32 pm »

An ettin with the title "The Massive Mirthful Smile"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:11 am »

From my most recent worldgen:

An elven group named "The Awe-Inspiring Wonder" (someone's got a high opinion of themselves)

A hydra named Nithami Itchknights the Renowned Rawness, who I'm pretty sure was just angry due to a really bad rash.

Galka Skullsghost is associated with death and caverns!

Some favorite entity names:

The Parched Menaces (GIVE US YOUR WATER)
The Romantic Plague (Love potion #9)
The Poisons of Drink (ON SECOND THOUGHT, DON'T GIVE US YOUR WATER)
The Celebrated Cinnamon (Can dwarves see why kids love The Celebrated Cinnamon?)
And the best of all
The Group of Cats (THEY FINALLY DID IT, THEY FINALLY TOOK OVER)
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 30, 2013, 02:34:39 pm »

"The Dunes of Land"

Because when that name you really wanted is taken, just switch the order and pretend you always liked it better anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 30, 2013, 03:36:52 pm »

I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 30, 2013, 03:37:09 pm »

Just spent half an hour real time using a copper arrow to chip through the foot of a Bronze Colossus named [Something] Fistattacks, which seems fitting. In other news, copper arrows are rubbish against Bronze Colossi in melee.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: July 01, 2013, 05:19:18 am »

*facepalm*
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 238