Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 754566 times)

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #2835 on: January 24, 2014, 10:49:50 am »

I got one, forgot it by now but it was something along the lines of "Lovessocks" or something.  "Sockloved" maybe.

Sudden thought: what if the dwarven love of socks is a reference to Dobby the Elf, who only ever wears socks!?
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 24, 2014, 08:07:37 pm »

The Ripe Perplexing Furs of the Bear of Oblivion.

Sounds like something out of Ragnarok.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:01 pm »

The Ripe Perplexing Furs of the Bear of Oblivion.

Sounds like something out of Ragnarok.
Maybe they spent a very long time on this quest: http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Bear_Season
(The quest items for that one are the teeth, unfortunately. The Skyrim one has you collecting pelts.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 26, 2014, 11:49:35 pm »

This might be the most brilliantly named engraving I've ever seen.

From a lil' place called Horrorfailed. I also like how even the goblin has a dwarfy name.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 27, 2014, 08:21:53 pm »

After a little catacomb exploration, I looked at some of the artwork written on the pillars.

Among them:

"THE MUFFIN OF BOARDING"
A picture of a leaf.

"THE DEEP MUSCLE"
A picture of a strawberry.

"THE RIDER OF NETS"
A picture of some dude named Kixi Playclocks eating a donkey. It's probably supposed to be a dead one, but it's much funnier if you picture him/her eating a live donkey.

Also, that temple's artist had some kind of people-eating-animals obsession-- there's a picture of someone eating a horse and a picture of someone eating a peacock.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 28, 2014, 03:45:36 am »

The artist of the temple may of been a voraphile  then.

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 30, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

After slaughtering an entire Kobold cave my adventurer got the name of Arkur Modestsword the special organ, dunno how that makes me feel.
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 31, 2014, 02:26:43 am »

It should make you feel special!  At least you didn't get something like "the Holes of Fertility" or something...

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 31, 2014, 06:20:17 am »

The civs also pick nice names for their deities, such as:
Ral the Wealth of Gilding, associated with... take a guess... wealth.

I'm pretty certain that deity names actually _try_ to be thematic, so you were just seeing the expected results.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: January 31, 2014, 08:20:53 am »

Cacame Hotsister.
She became an elven princess in year 14 after her two predecessors got killed by respectively a troll and a cyclops. Her reign of 14 years was quite productive: she tamed bobcats, giant weasels, giant ospreys, and even giant snowy owls from the Blizzards of Dimming, and led her then-modestly sized civilization into two wars against goblins. Surprisingly, under her leadership the elves have managed to win even when they were outnumbered by their enemies, who had full use of giant toads and a panda devil leading them. Her life was tragicomedically ended in year 28 by a rampaging hydra.
As far as elves go, I dare say that Hotsister was badass enough to make her namesake proud.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:54:54 am by HmH »

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:19 pm »

Not necessarily funny, but I just made a Fallen adventurer (Genesis Reborn, Fallen are more or less zombies), and her first name was Phantasma.  Honest to God.  A zombie called "ghost."

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 31, 2014, 12:23:39 pm »

A goblin civilization called "The Least Monster". So scary. Another one was "The Enjoyable Seductions". I guess this puts their child snatching into very questionable light.

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: February 02, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »

I made an adventurer once whose sole purpose was apparently to kill night creatures and giant lions. Seriously, bandits were the least of these people's concerns, they just really needed to get those night creatures and feral felines out of the way. Anyway, I manged to kill off so many that I earned the name Zurko Suntick the Weak Dusk. I must say, it was the first time that a given title was slightly appropriate, even though they could've done better.
no one could have anticipated this

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: February 03, 2014, 01:52:05 pm »

I found a book simply titled "Hamlet". The writing hopelessly meanders.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: February 03, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »

Ha ha!

Shakespeare joke.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 238