Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: STEAM: Simple Questions Thread  (Read 28346 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STEAM: Simple Questions Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2023, 09:08:58 am »

Any way to capture more than one screen image at a time?   
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2023, 08:34:09 pm »

So I got a visitor, who asked to join for soldiering. I said sure, and assigned him to a squad. He promptly dropped most of his equipment. So I went to his uniform to set it up, but since he owns all his equipment I can’t assign it to him as far as I can see. Is there a way to get him to pick it up again?

Can you assign him generic armor with the same properties as his dropped gear instead?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2023, 08:58:10 pm »

As in multiple z-levels, or like capturing the entire map at a time?  Either way, I don't know of any way to do this directly and suspect you can't.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Threlicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2023, 12:17:27 am »

So I got a visitor, who asked to join for soldiering. I said sure, and assigned him to a squad. He promptly dropped most of his equipment. So I went to his uniform to set it up, but since he owns all his equipment I can’t assign it to him as far as I can see. Is there a way to get him to pick it up again?

Can you assign him generic armor with the same properties as his dropped gear instead?

Yes, but he still doesn’t pick up his owned stuff, and since he’s a human he uses a bow, which I can’t make a replacement for.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2023, 05:28:23 am »

Yes, but he still doesn’t pick up his owned stuff, and since he’s a human he uses a bow, which I can’t make a replacement for.

I've had issues with dwarves not pivking up gear until a change in their military status, like going off duty or back on duty / getting a station order.  If their gear is being hauled, that also makes it unavailable.  Bins definitely add to that issue.  I wonder if somehow the visitor not being a citizen affects how their gear is handled?

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2023, 08:58:46 am »

Um... pause, make a screenshot, reposition screen, another screenshot and then just connect them in some photo editor?

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2023, 09:00:06 am »

I have a dwarf, who "disdains martial prowess"
Do I get it right that if I drafted him then he'd get negative thoughts?

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2023, 09:19:30 am »

Praying issue: I got enough temples for all the major gods.
However every now and then I see a dwarf with a critical unmet praying need to the god I have a temple of.
How come?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2023, 09:40:35 am »

Praying issue: I got enough temples for all the major gods.
However every now and then I see a dwarf with a critical unmet praying need to the god I have a temple of.
How come?

Outstanding bug since dwarves took multiple gods. There's not really any fix, besides incredible cheese that may or may not work. I've got it in my fort and just ignore it along side all the dwarves who really want to see their families that don't exist.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2023, 09:59:08 pm »

Um... pause, make a screenshot, reposition screen, another screenshot and then just connect them in some photo editor?

How?  Explain in detail please.  Are you using F11 or F12?  Or you leaving the game each time to save the image?  Or did you Window the game?
 Please explain the answer with details.  Steam overlay does not work with the game so I would like to know how to copy a screenshot without using Print-Screen and having to leave the game every time.  I am serious so a serious answer would be nice.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2023, 10:30:03 pm »

Well, sure.
I personally use
http://joxi.net/
This is the zombie army
http://joxi.ru/DmBNOydFzxbXvm
This is their destination
http://joxi.ru/82QY608cydOPq2
You go to any photoeditor, slap them two badboys together and get smth like this:
http://joxi.ru/5md7J4RUepXxOr
It's a slapdash job at best, but with some ingenuity you can get as big a picture as you want.

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2023, 06:57:20 am »

Back before the Steam version, it was easy to issue specific weapons and armour to each of my military dwarves, since the items changed colour in the menu if they had been assigned to another dwarf.

But on the Steam version, this does not seem to happen. I'm constantly running into a problem where I issue a helmet or spear to a dwarf that had already been assigned to another dwarf.

Am I stuck using the uniforms and hoping that they pick the right stuff up? Using specific pieces of kit in the past allowed me to circumvent pretty much all the bugs/issues with squad equipment.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2023, 07:59:17 am »

Probably for now, yeah. Keep in mind, this version isn't even as polished as a usual release - which is normally pretty buggy anyway. Might as well send an email or bug report it, because that is something that should be an easy fix and would be nice.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2023, 02:31:03 pm »

Back before the Steam version, it was easy to issue specific weapons and armour to each of my military dwarves, since the items changed colour in the menu if they had been assigned to another dwarf.

But on the Steam version, this does not seem to happen. I'm constantly running into a problem where I issue a helmet or spear to a dwarf that had already been assigned to another dwarf.

Am I stuck using the uniforms and hoping that they pick the right stuff up? Using specific pieces of kit in the past allowed me to circumvent pretty much all the bugs/issues with squad equipment.
You have to remember to assign spear #1, #2 etc.

However, there should not be any issues with squad equipment, the dwarves seem to be picking up things without issues.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2023, 02:58:29 am »

Is there a reason my Capital fort stopped getting trade wagons?
Clarifying - I don't get the message about the inaccessibility, meet all the criteria and have had dozens of caravans in the past.
They just stopped coming from all nations (maybe elves didn't have them, don't remember).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18