Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Steam] Most requested list of quality of life changes this game needs as of now  (Read 4866 times)

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile

I also can't seem to build an Upstairs on the same tile as a carved Up/Down Stairs in 0.50 currently (To block entry from an elevation below).
My post ends here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I would like the ability to assign dwarves to squads and labor groups from their unit overview. And the ability to designate animals for slaughter, gelding, hunting or war training and adoption as pets from their overview as well

This is actually already in, somewhat buried in one of the tabs

sawtooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stocks screen should really have a way to collapse all the groups down so I can see the totals of the bars I have and not always a list of each and every bar.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, sometimes it won't let you designate stairs on the level you want, leading to another level, because the second point is blocked somehow, so the requirement of having to start a designation on one level and finish it on another becomes impossible without more futsing around. Just let us build a stair going up or down even if it doesn't lead anywhere yet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HMIMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well they added the burrows and the step by step. Slowly getting better! There is hope. However we will not see anything else until 2023 ;D

betaking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bring back the total screen border; frankly that was a halmark of the game; I still find myself wanting to look at the left side of the screen; or look down when I'm getting an alert message;

I don't play with sound on; so that might be part of the problem  ::)

HMIMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bring back the total screen border; frankly that was a halmark of the game; I still find myself wanting to look at the left side of the screen; or look down when I'm getting an alert message;

I don't play with sound on; so that might be part of the problem  ::)
Movable windows would help a lot..

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look, I'd settle for two things specifically.

1. the ability to discern what boxes are for what, or at least what stockpile their in. sometimes they have numbers, but stockpiles aren't numbered, so you have to guess. And the trade screen is awful. It's actively worse than the one in the non-steam version because you can't close bins and it sorts everything by bins and not what's in the bins. Also, a functional search feature would be nice!
2. It would be nice if all the various menus had easier to use navigation. going one at a time is a pain, but if you click and drag the sliders, who knows where you'll end up.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile

Getting a bit annoyed accidentally closing windows with a right click! You're half way through your trade depot selections and then you accidently right click and have to start over... gah!
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.

Gaxxian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Adding some consistency on naming would be welcome too... thats specially painful when u try to play with the Justice... all the names appear translated (both artifacts and creatures) but then at the list only appear the dwarven name and you need to check every artifact/creature manually :(

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile

Couple things that annoyed me with the Steam UI, might be a few repeats because I don't have time to read the entire thread today.

1. There is no inspect function that lets us select a specific item on a tile, if a dwarf is standing over a cage it doesn't seem possible to select that cage directly.
2. The creature menu should allow you to open detail panels for dwarves and then press right click to go BACK to the creature menu directly, without losing your place on the list. Currently if want to do something like rename several dwarves in a row, I have to open the creature menu and scroll to them every time whenever I jump to a particular dwarf.
3. Some information panels could be made much larger, for instance the description of artifacts. In the old ASCII UI the description takes up the entire screen, but in the steam version the item panel is very small and long descriptions must be scrolled several times to be read in full. This also makes it harder to screenshot artifacts.
4. When embarking there should be an option to shift-click or ctrl-click on item amounts to increase by five or ten at a time instead of only being able to increase the number once per click. This was less of an issue with the old keyboard controls because you could simply hold the button down.
5. The labor menu should have the same magnifying glass button to jump to a specific dwarf that the creature menu does. Otherwise you have to open the creature menu and search for dwarves by name whenever you want to change something.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 01:38:24 am by Tamren »
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. There is no inspect function that lets us select a specific item on a tile, if a dwarf is standing over a cage it doesn't seem possible to select that cage directly.
Yes there is, look at the right edge of the sheet window when you click a tile with multiple things in it.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile

Ah tabs, I totally missed that feature. Thanks.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Homo carbonis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One addition which would save a lot of time scrolling through the unit list is if every menu where you have to select dwarves from a list (when creating squads, for instance) had links to the unit pages. Also if the list of candidates to add to a squad was sorted by relevant skills.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile

I've got to say, the new military interface is pants. You have to assign a commander in the noble menu first, then create a squad with the wrong uniform before you can create a uniform! Very annoying.

I would like to be able to set uniform before creating a squad from the military tab!
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3