Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squad dwarves permanently tired, stuck "individual combat drill/resting"  (Read 777 times)

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update: Drowsy is lack of sleep, I understand drowsy is not tired.
The dwarves become tired immediately after beginning training, independent of what equipment they are training with, and I haven't seen one become un-tired even after several seasons have elapsed.

I've had an issue with the squad dwarves not sleeping. They remain "individual combat drill/rest" but only 1-2 ever sleep, so the entire squad remains tired. I've tried creating a burrow with just the barracks and bedrooms, and changing the squad sleeping settings, even so nothing changes with only 1 or 2 dwarves ever resting, and the remainder of the squad "individual combat drill/rest".
Is this a bug? I can't figure out how to fix this.
I'm running the Dark Ages V pack, although knowing a little about mods in DF it seems unlikely this is creating issues.

I created a discussion on steam about this as well
https://steamcommunity.com/app/975370/discussions/0/3761104049341464519/

« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 12:45:48 am by Quizmar »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squad Dwarves wont sleep, remain tired
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 06:27:07 pm »

Dwarves don't all sleep at the same time. Not sure what you're expecting to happen.

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 07:03:53 pm »

They are all tired. They do not sleep. None of the other dwarves are tired except for the military dwarves. I am expecting them to sleep when they are tired. Which they are not doing.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 10:54:35 pm »

They are all tired. They do not sleep. None of the other dwarves are tired except for the military dwarves. I am expecting them to sleep when they are tired. Which they are not doing.
Are you sure they're tired because they're not sleeping? Or is it just because you've loaded them down with metal armor and their armor user skill is still low?

What did you mean by "1 or 2 rest"? they rest but don't sleep? What are they doing?

Also, are they constantly "individual combat training"? Something's gone wrong in your set up if they are. They should be teaching each other how to dodge, bite, kick and how to tell which bit of the spear is the pointy end. Plus sparring after a while.

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 12:25:59 am »

does a low armor skill apply the tired condition?
I observed the dwarves being constantly tired, and not sleeping, I think something is bugged with "individual combat drill/rest"
And the dwarves when not assigned to training would just run around the fort doing random tasks, while tired.I tried to embark with dwarves capable of sparring right off the bat, but that doesn't seem to have worked.
Here's a screencap of a dwarf, without armor, in the condition I'm talking about
https://i.imgur.com/4zEEpCg.png

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 12:35:26 am »

I don't know if it's the same in fort mode, but in adventure mode "tired" means overexerted and "drowsy" means needs sleep.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 12:39:23 am »

I don't know if it's the same in fort mode, but in adventure mode "tired" means overexerted and "drowsy" means needs sleep.
This makes sense
I still don't understand whats happening, why my dwarves immediately lose all their energy

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squad dwarves permanently tired, stuck "individual combat drill/resting"
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 04:42:54 am »

Are you sure they're set to train, and not to patrol or station?

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 12:20:37 am »

Are you sure they're set to train, and not to patrol or station?
Yes, I checked their orders many times, and it said they are "individual combat drill/resting"

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 01:55:09 am »

Alright everyone after a little more experimenting I have determined that this is an issue with Dark Ages V modpack, and I will attempt to contact the devs. Thanks for the help