Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I think "cut gem" jobs never produce large gems or gem crafts in 0.50.03  (Read 5955 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think "cut gem" jobs never produce large gems or gem crafts in 0.50.03
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2023, 07:48:12 pm »

Update:

According to SeerSkye on the DFHack Discord, there's a bug where it's checking the assigned job material instead of the item material to determine if it's valid. You can only get large gems and crafts if you set the job material instead of doing a generic "cut gem" job.

I can’t find that on the official DF bug tracker.  Could you please provide a link to it?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023, 03:13:08 am »

According to SeerSkye on the DFHack Discord, there's a bug where it's checking the assigned job material instead of the item material to determine if it's valid. You can only get large gems and crafts if you set the job material instead of doing a generic "cut gem" job.

Might be. I always set specific gems (because I don't want to lose rock crystal), and have a tons of large gems.

Treah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2023, 10:30:30 am »

So you are getting large gems but what about gem crafts such as rings and such. I have yet to see those

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2023, 09:34:03 pm »

I can’t find that on the official DF bug tracker.  Could you please provide a link to it?

I don't think it's made it onto the tracker yet.

Might be. I always set specific gems (because I don't want to lose rock crystal), and have a tons of large gems.

The solution I use is to stop the gem cutting work order if rock crystal is available.

So you are getting large gems but what about gem crafts such as rings and such. I have yet to see those

I've gotten them.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2023, 03:30:39 am »

I also get occasional gem crafts. I always set cutting to specific gems though, which prevents use of rock crystal and better gems (diamonds, rubies, sapphires), which I prefer to reserve for strange moods.
Pages: 1 2 [3]