Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 50.04 Released  (Read 21897 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 50.04 Released
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2022, 08:00:30 pm »

Hmm. Thought this was fixed in 50.02 or 03?
Moving up and down Z levels with the mining menu open takes me two z-levels. Which makes, well, everything more frustrating.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2022, 07:03:22 pm »

Not sure if I am the only one left, but I was personally really hoping that 32-bit versions would continue to be released post 0.50.x

Also I am very hopeful that in the following updates as things stabilize we get back to Navigation via pure keyboard. I hate having to use the mouse, it slows me down so much.

When MS Office updated to the "New Ribbon"  they left the old "2003 hotkeys" Available in the background, they had no interface, but as long as you know the keystrokes you can use the old menus.  Something like that might be a nice option to enable here.

Edit!  Oh, also Legends Map Exports? All of the various data dump buttons are missing, I was super excited to have my first world exported graphically as a new desktop wallpaper.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 07:05:56 pm by Gashcozokon »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re2 bit version : Dwarf Fortress 50.04 Released
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2022, 07:42:21 pm »

I expect 32 bit version went the same way as Mac and Linux releases, just things that Toady no longer has to do by himself so will just have Kitfox pay other people to do. Makes sense to have him focus on one game rather than struggling with several different versions every time it updates.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 07:48:26 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

freddy72nz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2022, 08:54:53 pm »

I too am waiting for a Linux release.
I've been playing the Steam release using Proton but the random crashes that I can't determine if they are Proton related don't help. Also the controls are slower for me as keyboard is always faster than mouse for me.
Can still play older releases though in the mean time.
Still a patron though.
https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts

Have a good one,
Freddy

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2022, 10:50:39 pm »

Also uh...how do you even implement mods in this release now? The raw folder's gone. I see folders for vanilla content and installed mods, but something tells me overriding/editing existing content, especially things like updating material templates and body detail plans, will be harder now...

It looks like you can just copy the material template and define it again (minus the tokens you want removed) in a "material_template_*.txt" in your mod folder. I checked with an early build of DFHack, the tokens were removed and the template wasn't subject to RAW duplication (though it was logged in errorlog.txt.) Edit: The raws are duplicated at first, but saving and reloading the fort fixes it by replacing the old one with the new one.

Haven't tried body detail plans.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 07:29:32 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2022, 04:30:13 am »

Not sure if I am the only one left, but I was personally really hoping that 32-bit versions would continue to be released post 0.50.x
Why do you want a 32-bit version of the game? It seems like at some point no one will need a 32-bit version any more.

Also I am very hopeful that in the following updates as things stabilize we get back to Navigation via pure keyboard. I hate having to use the mouse, it slows me down so much.
More keyboard shortcuts would be nice. I think the UI changes were an overall improvement, though, even with the lost keyboard control.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2022, 07:47:59 am »

More keyboard shortcuts would be nice. I think the UI changes were an overall improvement, though, even with the lost keyboard control.

A recently blown up steam workshop mod for the game is a simple interface UI for instance that puts the hotkeys input buttons straight onto the graphics (so long as the graphics are still within the defaults: URL link to workshop page enclosed), i was quite tempted myself to get it because its been quite hard to re-learn out of the muscle memory when designing my first few forts on the graphical version (id say the nongraphical ascii version has probably the most need of such a thing, as the symbols need a bit more help with the button hitboxes)

It's hard not to worry when a feature gets removed, yeah. And I guess that'll give me a few updates to look into the modding guide, when I get time and energy.

Ditto, memorial halls as a solely entirely furniture painted room, were also removed with the addition of Tombs as a zone which can't interact with them.

Which is a bit weird, considering the rules that this applies to zoos too, but they are accounted for as a 'zoo' within a meeting zone. The way its phrased and brought across brings to mind expanding the bars of the cage so they can live in some sort of little enclosure in a meeting hall like a petting zoo, but i know its just like that so that dwarves interpret the cage's contents correctly to be appreciated, moreso weird for restraints.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 07:54:54 am by FantasticDorf »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2022, 11:24:15 am »

Thank you for the "quit without saving" feature. Saving can take a long time. This feature makes it easy for me to load a save to test a graphic and then exit it out to do another test without having to force quit every time.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2023, 10:07:25 am »

Would pay for mac version D:
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2023, 07:38:38 pm »

Would pay for mac version D:

It's on the way. I don't think there's an expected release time, but someone is working on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]