Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 9849 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« on: December 22, 2022, 01:36:32 pm »

The year is 20XX, and adorable aliens which resemble bunnies have stealthily invaded Earth.  They seek to corrupt and kill our children, in an effort to use the children's souls to power the alien's intergalactic empire.  Every day, these monstrously cute little creatures grant children unimaginably dangerous magical powers, before setting them loose to wreak as much havoc as possible before the children's souls are harvested.

You are one of the elite SMAK operators who is at the leading edge of our counterattack.  You are equipped with top of the line experimental gear, and your soul has been etched with a reverse-engineered magical power similar to those the aliens grant children.  All this, so that you can fight toe-to-toe with the alien's greatest warriors:  Magical Girls!  And sometimes magical boys.

...Unfortunately, despite them being our own children, you're going to have to kill them.  It's in the team name, Killer.  But don't worry!  You're also equipped with gear to capture their souls after death, to prevent the aliens from harvesting them.  All captured souls will be taken back to HQ, where they will receive world class therapy, and eventually be implanted into a clone body so that they can live a normal life.  We definitely aren't going to use their souls to make superweapons.  That would be immoral.  And unnecessary.  Because you're going to win the war for us!

Got it?  Good.  Now load your gun and think of the children.

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 02:54:20 pm »

Sure nothing wrong with some child murder now and then.

Spoiler: Magnus Victorinus (click to show/hide)

Let me know if I messed something up look forward to giving this a shot.

Edit: Also almost forgot my obligatory semi relevant song. https://youtu.be/Bs0I_FTG9vs
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 06:47:00 pm by Fluffe9911 »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 03:22:15 pm »

Copy that, Dispatch. Ready to beat the shit outta some children.

Spoiler: Gerald Verital (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 05:52:55 pm »

"Most dangerous game ain't always the biggest. Let's bag us a shiny one."

Spoiler: The Australian (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 06:01:23 pm »

All are good!  I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out, myself.

FYI for everyone, you're free to suggest new equipment if you can think of something appropriate and interesting.  Or just fun, or a variation on something already in, like Irony's wrist grapples.  This isn't the most serious of games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 06:20:47 pm »

Spoiler: Crazy Joe (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 09:06:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: do we get to see the rolls this time around?  I am loving the premise. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 09:26:58 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 02:37:09 am »

This sounds exiting, can't wait to kick a kid in the face!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 02:44:51 am »

You'll get to see SMAK player rolls, like normal RTDs.  The magical girl's rolls... I could translate them for opposed rolls, maybe?  MGs use a roll table that's not quite 1-to-1 with RTD results, but it should be reasonable.

Zultan, I'll give your LMG advantage at medium range, with "high fire rate" being the bullet effect.  Basically, you hit with more bullets, but they don't do more damage individually than the basic rifle.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 03:49:51 am »

Zultan, I'll give your LMG advantage at medium range, with "high fire rate" being the bullet effect.  Basically, you hit with more bullets, but they don't do more damage individually than the basic rifle.
Sorry I forgot to add that, and that sounds good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2022, 08:34:40 am »

Looking forward to die!
Spoiler: Kevin (click to show/hide)
sincerely,

ih oh

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022, 05:20:38 am »

Rip Tooru, I guess.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2022, 11:50:12 am »

PTW the carnage unfold the friendships develop.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2022, 07:00:19 pm »

Rip Tooru, I guess.

((Pumsy's Seeds was a painful game to run, and was made during a very unpleasant part of my life.  I'd like to reboot it at some point, but I really can't justify that with my life's current state.  I might return to it in a year or two, or I might make something else.

SMAK, on the other hand, is the forum game equivalent of a shitpost.  I'll be happy if people enjoy it, but it's not particularly important to me.  If it fizzles out and dies in a week, I won't mind.))

PTW the carnage unfold the friendships develop.

((Aw man, no SMAK commander?  Not even a peanut gallery mission control?  Oh well, I'm sure they'll do fine~))

For approximately a month, SMAK has been attempting to track a particularly motivated magical girl, named Emine.  Emine is unusual; she is known to be directly antagonistic towards government, and especially our organization, seemingly with some way to obtain insider knowledge about our activities.  Her precise powers are unknown, but it is assumed that she is a stealthier kind of magical girl, or at least prefers to avoid fighting; she has raided multiple military bases, stealing equipment and setting off bombs, but has not been seen to engage in direct combat.

Recently we discovered Emine's base of operations.  She is living on top of a moderately remote mountain, thankfully away from any civilian population.  There's a small abandoned coal mine in the mountain, dating from the early 1900s; it's unknown if Emine is aware of its existence, but it's reasonable to assume that she has at least partially explored it.  The dominant terrain type in the area is an old growth evergreen forest, with massive trees.  Those with grappling hooks will have a significant advantage above ground, while those of you without exoskeletons or minimechs may find it hard to manuever through the undergrowth.  Be very careful--Emine may have prepared the area with traps, and may know you're coming.  We don't know the degree of her insider knowledge, but she is certainly not your typical unaware child.

There are three optional deploy points, to be chosen at your individual discretion.  Alpha is at the base of an old road leading up the south mountainside, towards the peak.  It hasn't been maintained for a long time, but is still the easiest and most obvious path up.  Bravo is at the mouth of one of the lowest mine entrance, also on the south face.  This mine has multiple exits, and you should be able to find a path to higher positions on the mountain through it; Emine might not be aware of how extensive the mines are.  Finally, Charlie is on the eastern face of the mountain, and should be the easiest path up if you're forcing your way through the undergrowth.  It's the best option if you want to avoid the obvious routes.

Finally, in light of the threat posed by Emine, we'll be providing you with not two, but three soultrackers for this mission.  All three are required to bring down the perimeter barrier.  Please volunteer for taking them, first come first serve.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2022, 07:08:46 pm »

Bravo, bravo!
sincerely,

ih oh
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9