Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 9779 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2023, 09:08:36 pm »

was it This AoTTG2?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2023, 01:44:56 am »

Nice to hear that that thing you love is coming along so well, it's rare for such tales not to end in "and then the lead dev disappeared and the project died, bad ending, gg no re". Good luck with the project! Show us something cool in it when it's further along!

We'll still be here whenever you feel like slaughtering hapless mooks and magical grills again.

It's still pretty debatable just how well it's coming along, but it does look better than it... ever has.  At least internally.  Externally it was never accurately advertised.  :(

was it This AoTTG2?

One and the same!  Though that channel--and pretty much all of old AoTTG 2's official social media--were essentially propaganda.  The old leader was very much focused on maintaining hype rather than on accurately representing how far along the project was.  I haven't watched all of those videos, but I think the only stuff shown there which hasn't been dumpstered is the main menu art and the music.  Engine changes mean the lighting system and "training grounds" map can't be carried over to Ricecake's codebase, though that map was borderline nonfunctional to begin with.

If you're curious what I mean when I refer to "racing" in this game, this video is a good example.  It's basically just navigating high-speed obstacle courses with spiderman-esque grappling mechanics.  Except way more complex than any actual spiderman game.  Note how the aesthetics have precisely nothing to do with Attack on Titan.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2023, 01:46:37 am »

I'm still interested in playing this and will be here when you comeback to it.

Also that game sounds interesting, hope we get to see something from it when it's further along.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]