Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 9868 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2022, 08:44:09 pm »

keep advancing
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2022, 02:03:17 am »

Wait until everyone else has entered the mine, then go in covering the back with my LMG.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2022, 04:47:20 pm »

Proudly enter the mine
sincerely,

ih oh

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2022, 11:28:56 am »

Move forwards towards the suspected dwelling of the Magical Girl.

"I hope she comes out alright after reprocessing. It's a shame we have to do this to children, but it's for their own good."

You continue to make good time up the road.  It's a nice day out, and nothing notable happens while you drive your minimech.  If it weren't for the giant white barrier dome blocking out the sky and horizon, or the fact that you know there's a dangerous magical girl trapped in here with you, this would be a nice leisurely ride.  As is, it's still pretty nice, you just have to keep your eyes peeled for danger.

Soon enough, you come to a fork in the road, near the summit.  This is a pretty small "mountain".  Ahead, the road leads to the topmost and supposedly largest mine entrance, the one Emine most likely is aware of.  But... the second path leads further up the slope, towards the peak of the mountain.  It's even more overgrown than the old road you've been on, hardly enough for one person to walk through.

Keep advancing, try to find a vantage point overlooking the mine entrance(s).

[Mobility: 2, 5]

You break away from the Whisperer, using your grappling hooks to swing up the slope.  This is really the perfect environment for grappling hooks; massive trees, without too many branches to catch you as you swing through the forest.  You push yourself, heading upwards as fast as you can, and your effort is rewarded: you quite quickly reach the highest mine entrance on the mountain.

The area has clearly been long overtaken by nature.  The only reason you even realize you've stumbled across the entrance is the complete lack of tall trees; there's only flourishing undergrowth, and some young trees which aren't tall enough to swing from with your grappling hooks.  The area seems to have been partially excavated long ago, with a short cliff bordering the far side of the area.  After you start looking, you can see some remains of old buildings among the greenery as well... but the area doesn't look inhabited at all.  There's no signs of trash, or obvious paths that have been maintained.

After about quick visual survey, you spot the mine entrance itself.  It's a gaping black hole in the cliff face, which is utterly exposed.  There's not much growth around it, no real cover, though a magical girl at full sprint would be able to cross the gap in a flash.

keep advancing

You, unfortunately, can't make progress nearly as fast as the Australian tree swinger who left you behind.  You simply can't sprint uphill through wild undergrowth, even with your armor and exoskeleton.  Nothing for it, though; you just grit your teeth and try to channel your annoyance at being left behind into more aggressively hacking at the plants blocking your way.

Fuck plants, seriously.  You wish you had a flamethrower.

Who needs heavy armor when you have enough explosives to level a city on your back? me, and my bomb go in the hole.
Press the ping button wait for the guy with a nuke on his back to go through the hole and if he doesn't blow up follow after him
Proudly enter the mine
Wait until everyone else has entered the mine, then go in covering the back with my LMG.

The three of you wearing heavy armor hesitate before entering the mine, but Joseph has no such worry.  Despite having no armor or genuinely useful gear, he hops into the dark mine immediately.  The other three follow after him, squeezing into the tight space one at a time, with Bob covering the rear.

Magnus fiddles with his soultracker as he follows along, pressing the ping button and waiting for a response.  The magical girl is... above and ahead.  Probably either at the peak of the mountain, or somewhere along the slope to the peak.  That's somewhat relieving; she's probably not in the mines, or at least not near you.

The trek through the passageway is initially tense, but quickly becomes boring.  The team's flashlights play over the stone around them, but this is really just a thin entrance without anything notable.  The most interesting things they see are animal bones and poop.  There's many random turns and corners, with no real sense to them... but after the sixth such turn, all caution is gone.  There's no traps or anything down here, and even if there were, some curious animal would have set them off.

After a little while, you finally come to a somewhat larger passage.  Perhaps large enough to fit a car through.  It slopes gently upwards to your right, and there's an ancient set of minecart rails set into the center of it.  This is probably the main shaft, and it's easy to imagine where it'll lead if you go upwards, but otherwise you're left to guess.

Alpha Team:

Bravo Team:
Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Charlie Team:

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2022, 12:58:08 pm »

Turn on soultracker.  Keep pressing forward. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2022, 11:02:47 pm »

Up sounds Promising.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2022, 01:30:21 am »

Follow the shaft upwards, also keep covering the rear of the team.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2022, 01:57:35 am »

Post to watch, might make a character at a later point though! Definitely looks like a lot of fun.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2022, 05:54:07 am »

Go up with the boys
sincerely,

ih oh

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2022, 02:22:39 pm »

Keep on keeping on

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2022, 11:32:22 pm »

Hold the entryway to the mines, ensure that if she's still in there she can't flee out this exit.

"Holding position at uppermost mine entrance. Waiting for further information."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2022, 03:00:38 pm »

zzt "Roger Magnus coming in traveling through tunnel with B team, radar ping reveals magical girl at or near peak of mountain stay frosty Magnus out." zzt

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2023, 04:17:18 am »

Whoops, thought I'd posted.

Cover entrance with sniper rifle. Prime hunting grounds, she might or might not move through here...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2023, 03:34:15 pm »

Hold the entryway to the mines, ensure that if she's still in there she can't flee out this exit.

You ignore the side path, advancing down the roadway towards the main mine entrance.  You find it soon enough, though it takes you a few seconds to realize that's what you've found.  While the road is navigable, the old mine area is overgrown with young forest, and has plenty of cover for anyone hiding inside.  You could probably change that with an extended volley from your miniguns, but that'd be clearly announcing your location to anyone on the mountain.

Instead, you just force your way through the undergrowth until you find a spot with an angle on the actual tunnel.  Then you relax.  With a few taps of a finger, you tell the mech's audio system to start playing something relaxing while you wait.  You bob your head with a lazy smile as a happy little synth tune fills the cockpit.

Whoops, thought I'd posted.

Cover entrance with sniper rifle. Prime hunting grounds, she might or might not move through here...

You grapple up to a higher position, finding a nice large tree branch with a lot of foliage around it for concealment, about four or five stories above the ground.  Then you pull out your sniper rifle and zero it for the mine entrance... and wait.

A minute later, you hear more smashing of undergrowth as the second excessively noisy teammate of yours arrives in his minimech.  The brute forces his way through the greeny below until he can take a position watching the mineshaft.  Unlike you, his position is extremely obvious to anyone surveilling the area, what with being in a giant shiny metal vehicle.

Eh.  He'll get shot first, at least.

Up sounds Promising.
Follow the shaft upwards, also keep covering the rear of the team.
Go up with the boys
Keep on keeping on

The four of you march up through the mineshaft.  It's boring, tiring, and stressful; there's no illumination beyond your own limited flashlights, and there's far, far too many side tunnels.  Properly clearing this place would take hours, and you know the magical girl could be in any tunnel, ready to pop out and kill you.  Hopefully they're at least not interconnected, else finding her down here could be damn near impossible.

Luckily, you don't encounter her.  But you do find proof that she's been down here.  Kevin notices a simple water bottle, discarded on the floor.  It's not exactly fresh, but doesn't look like it's been sitting here for months, either.  So the magical girl has come down here before.   Fairly far, too; you're not quite at the top yet, though you're close.

The discovery puts you all back on edge.  You were starting to hope she didn't even know this mine was here.  It'd be far better to fight her on the surface, where there's good light and no real chokepoints.

Turn on soultracker.  Keep pressing forward. 

You pause for a minute to press the button on the soultracker, then watch as its screen blinks.  After a second, it gives you a direction--straight west, and up.  Towards the mountain's peak.  You're close enough to tell that it doesn't point to the main mine entrance, or low enough to be in the mines.  Well.  That'll make this simple.

Satisfied with your goal, you continue hacking through the wilderness towards your target.  You should be able to get to the peak by the end of the next turn.

Main mine entrance:

Creepy Caves:
Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

West EAST Slope:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9