Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 9888 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2023, 04:58:10 pm »

Onwards and Upwards!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2023, 05:26:25 pm »

keep moving forward
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2023, 02:48:59 am »

Keep moving with the team and continue to cover the rear.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2023, 09:30:33 am »

I really do not have a choice but to keep moving forward frankly

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2023, 11:59:36 am »

Hold the line. Make sure you're not about to get stabbed in the back while you're at it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2023, 10:52:39 pm »

Patience. She'll be through here or she won't.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2023, 02:50:48 am »

hope for the best and keep moving
sincerely,

ih oh

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2023, 01:14:06 pm »

So I go off for the holidays and apparently this got started while I was away?

Waitlist me please

editing in a charsheet:

Spoiler: Lelia (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 10:22:16 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2023, 06:13:22 pm »

So I go off for the holidays and apparently this got started while I was away?

Waitlist me please

((Waitlisted!  You can spawn in with the respawn wave, after four players die.  If you want to join sooner, bug Egan to kill people faster~))

Keep moving with the team and continue to cover the rear.
I really do not have a choice but to keep moving forward frankly
Onwards and Upwards!
hope for the best and keep moving

The four of you continue, picking up the pace now that the team knows the magical girl isn't down here.  The remaining trek passes quickly, but you stop near the mouth of the mine.  Kevin once again notices a subtle detail due to his magical power; the dirt in this part of the cave has been disturbed, in a path leading to one of the side tunnels.  He cautiously checks it out while Bob covers him, and finds a set of three rocket launchers, and a crash assault rifle, leaning against the passage's wall.  Just far enough down that they're not visible from the main passage.  They seem to have been placed here relatively recently; there's no dust on them or anything.  They were probably stolen during one of Emine's recent raids on military bases.  Worryingly, it proves she definitely has prepared anti-tank weapons, and that she knew you were going to come to her.

Magnus and Joe move onward, checking the entrance to the mine, only a stone's throw away.  As they step out, into the odd "daylight" given off by the barrier dome above, they survey their surroundings.  The area outside the mine is overgrown with plantlife, with no clear path through it.  Ruins peek through the greenery... and the shiny metal hull of Gerald's mech sticks out like a sore thumb.  Luckily, he's not so incompetent as to open fire on you.  Assuming he didn't get distracted and simply hasn't noticed you stepping out of the mine.

((You won't be slowed down if you mess with the rocket launchers before leaving.))

Hold the line. Make sure you're not about to get stabbed in the back while you're at it.
Patience. She'll be through here or she won't.

You both sit and watch the mine entrance, waiting for Emine to appear.  Or at least to link back up with more of the team.  It's boring, and takes a little while... but nothing happens in the meantime.  You just sit there and wait, until a figure appears at the mouth of the cave.  You both tense for a moment, fingers ready on your triggers, but a moment later relax as you recognize Joe.  And that nuke on his back.

Joe waves at Gerald, which Gerald returns... before remembering he's inside a cocoon of metal and cannot be seen.

keep moving forward

You continue hacking through the woods, annoyance growing.  Your exoskeleton and magic ensure it's not truly tiring work, but this is taking far too long.  The comms are quiet too, so everyone else is either as bored as you, or being killed without the chance to scream.

Eventually, you finally spot a clearing, ahead and off to the side, on a spot where the slope mostly flattens out.  You change direction towawrds it until you reach a point where you no longer need to hack through the woods to make progress.  You bullrush through the last few bushes, and then look around

[Spot check: 1]

There's an old, decrepit cabin in the middle of the small clearing.  It's starting to fall apart, the roof visibly beginning to give way.  Clearly uninhabited.  You frown.  There's windows, but you can't really make out anything inside.  It's surprising to find a cabin here, there wasn't any such thing mentioned in your briefing, but it's probably not important; nobody would choose to live in that awful little shack when they could live inside a nice, naturally air-conditioned mineshaft.

Yeah, she's definitely not inside the house.  She's probably further towards the peak or something.

Just outside mine entrance:

Just inside mine entrance:
Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Cabin:

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2023, 11:37:37 pm »

Yep it's ping time I say maybe get into a less obvious position though

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2023, 02:19:38 am »

Grab one of the rocket launchers, then move on to the main entrance with the rest of the group and wait until we find out where we're heading next.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2023, 02:53:53 am »

Wait for the guys who got lost back there, we 'ought to stay together when the bomb goes off.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2023, 08:40:41 pm »

(Poke?)
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2023, 10:14:27 pm »

Move upwards towards the peak of the mountain, Mines teams have cleared out the area, so there shouldn't be anything concerning left in there.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2023, 04:24:17 am »

grab the rest of the rocket launchers and head to the peak.
sincerely,

ih oh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9