Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 9877 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2023, 05:21:59 pm »

quietly Crawl towards the Magical girl- if someone knocks her down to me- I can grab-ahold of 'er and transfer ALL this fine damage straight to her! bloodloss AND limbholes included! worst case- I die right underneath her where my backpack can do the most damage.

(Triage: Touch one or more living people.  You may transfer any or all wounds one of them has (including yourself) to any other person you are in contact with (including yourself).  ANY wounds work, including loss of limbs or bisection. ~ I'm not *supposed* to count magical girls as 'persons' but I suspect they count as a target for this.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 05:31:09 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2023, 11:46:18 pm »

The Australian raises an eyebrow at the absurd spectacle in front of him. Her other corpse hasn't vanished yet, so this whole situation is clearly outside the realm of normality, but something about this fiasco strikes him as even more suspect.

Take a sniper shot at one of her guns. Observe reaction.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2023, 02:28:46 am »

Find the enemy and point my LMG at it and fire upon said enemy until it is dead or gun is empty.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2023, 12:42:47 pm »

okay, from now on, my gun is always in full auto unless otherwise specified.  charge her, shooting until I get within glaive range.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2023, 01:24:27 pm »

Move forward, prepare to sweep any contact with almost sufficient amounts of dakka.

"She's pretty good at what she does, huh? It's sad that a child was forced to learn such things by the alien menace."

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2023, 01:47:46 pm »

Kevin's eyes tear up at this tragic sequence of events. Kevin considers using Joe as his puppet, it shouldn't matter much, he is dying anyway!

Pick Joe up and carry on shoulder until the magical girl is distracted enough, throw Joe on top of her when that happens. if Joe misses, pick him up again and wait for the next opportunity.
sincerely,

ih oh

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2023, 04:33:23 pm »

Turn tomorrow, probably.  Delay was due to the magical girl's turn being... complex to work through.  Due to that, actions are locked in and can't be edited.  So:

Spoiler: Quotes (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2023, 08:50:17 pm »

Turn tomorrow, probably.  Delay was due to the magical girl's turn being... complex to work through.
Oh god she is about to pull out all her plot armor.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2023, 11:30:39 pm »

Oh god she is about to pull out all her plot armor.
I mean, this is the first turn I'm trying the likely less intended application of Triage while everyone takes potshots at 'er, and likely the turn where otherwise it'd be a "rocks fall- Joe blows literally everyone up" situation. so either she takes all the damage from me getting shot this turn, or everyone dies viva Taktical nuklear bakpack.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2023, 04:22:17 am »

We might be screwed no matter what because of Joe and his nuke.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2023, 12:42:14 pm »

The Australian raises an eyebrow at the absurd spectacle in front of him. Her other corpse hasn't vanished yet, so this whole situation is clearly outside the realm of normality, but something about this fiasco strikes him as even more suspect.

Take a sniper shot at one of her guns. Observe reaction.

[3, 2]

You track the girl's falling form, watching the guns follow her down.  They've ceased firing, and move predictably--until they suddenly disappear, along with her.  You're confused for a moment, until you hear the gunfire resume, now from within the clearing.  You swing around and try to take aim with your rifle braced against a treetrunk, but unfortunately the first floating object you align your crosshairs with is a flashbang grenade.

You look away just a moment before it explodes, and then immediately scope back in.  Emine is running through the clearing, though you focus on one of her guns, currently firing wildly, clearly without intent of actually hitting anything.  You still fire your shot, but the rifle jerks out of the way just as you pull the trigger.  And then it disappears entirely.

...It takes you several seconds to realize, but it's not just the rifle.  Emine is gone as well.  Or at least, is out of sight.

Find the enemy and point my LMG at it and fire upon said enemy until it is dead or gun is empty.
okay, from now on, my gun is always in full auto unless otherwise specified.  charge her, shooting until I get within glaive range.
Move forward, prepare to sweep any contact with almost sufficient amounts of dakka.

Zultan: [1]
Blackpaladin: [5]
Vermilion: [2], [3]

All three of you continue shooting at Emine as she falls through the air, moving to intercept.  But before any of your bullets land, she disappears again.  She reappears in front of Gerald and Bob, however, so it shouldn't be a problem for them to redirect their fire down into her.  That is, if not for the flashbang she tosses into the air just as she arrives.  It explodes just as they start to acquire her as a target, and they're further distracted by bullets pinging randomly against their heavy armor.  Both are virtually immune to such small arms, but neither of them are mentally prepared for being suddenly blinded and attacked; they reach instinctually, by firing their weapons randomly forwards, while trying to back away from the magical girl.

"You all made a mistake coming here! If you win, things will only get worse for the world. Lay down your weapons. If you truly--"

Whisperer keeps a cooler head.  He doesn't realize where Emine's gone until he hears the flashbang go off, and as such, isn't blinded by it.  He turns on a dime, and sees her running towards him while shouting, her colorful clothing marred by multiple bloodstains.  He spares neither her words nor her appearance any thought, immediately firing at her legs, sweeping his rifle back and forth to make the shots harder to dodge.  This works surprisingly well, catching Emine in a leg as she runs, and cutting off her little speech before it can really begin.  The magical girl tumbles to the ground roughly, one of the rifles above her swinging around to fire at him instead.  Not that it has any effect, the bullets pinging uselessly against his chestplate.

Whisperer is about to fire a burst into her prone body, when Kevin comes rocketing into view, Joe held in his arms.  Joe reaches forward, trying to grab the girl--and she reaches back, a vicious grin on her face.  They make contact.

...And then they're gone.  Emine, Joe, and Kevin; the only hint that they were even there a moment ago is the panicked weapons fire of Gerald and Bob, who take a few seconds to realize their target is gone.

Whisperer limps out of the brush, growling as he reloads his rifle.  This is such bullshit!  She just keeps getting away!

quietly Crawl towards the Magical girl- if someone knocks her down to me- I can grab-ahold of 'er and transfer ALL this fine damage straight to her! bloodloss AND limbholes included! worst case- I die right underneath her where my backpack can do the most damage.

(Triage: Touch one or more living people.  You may transfer any or all wounds one of them has (including yourself) to any other person you are in contact with (including yourself).  ANY wounds work, including loss of limbs or bisection. ~ I'm not *supposed* to count magical girls as 'persons' but I suspect they count as a target for this.)
"She's pretty good at what she does, huh? It's sad that a child was forced to learn such things by the alien menace."
Kevin's eyes tear up at this tragic sequence of events. Kevin considers using Joe as his puppet, it shouldn't matter much, he is dying anyway!

Pick Joe up and carry on shoulder until the magical girl is distracted enough, throw Joe on top of her when that happens. if Joe misses, pick him up again and wait for the next opportunity.

Kevin starts to fly down towards Joe just as Emine's knocked off of her branch.  Her flashbang goes off nearby as he descends, disorienting both him and his crippled teammate--but not his magical jetpack, which quite literally has a mind of its own.  Kevin scoops Joe up into his arms, and then turns to look at Emine.  Just in time to see her go down.  Joe reaches towards the girl, demanding that Kevin fly him closer, and Kevin doesn't hesitate.  The two of them go rocketing towards her, like a heavily armored missile with a cripple warhead.

Joe grimaces as he feels another bullet impact him, hitting his ribcage.  He's already familiar enough with the sensation to realize Big Bob shot him again, but there's no time to yell at Bob.  Also, his lungs are collapsing, and he probably cannot yell anymore.  Instead, he reaches towards the magical girl.  Who looks up at him and makes eye contacts a second before he arrives.  She grins, reaching up to grab his hand the moment he's close enough.

A lot happens in that instant.  Joe instantly shunts all his wounds into the already wounded magical girl, his body refilling with blood and flesh.  More surprisingly, both Joe and Kevin's vision goes completely black.  They fly forward, slamming into the magical girl.  Joe keeps a firm grip on her, even though he can't see anything at all.  He starts to fumble, wrestling her and trying to maintain his hold, while Kevin commands his magjecpack to hover in place.

"AGHH! JESUS MARY IN A GODDAMN EGG BASKET!"

Get my head down and find some cover from this telekinetic psycho NOW use my companions as meat shields if I gotta! I know she can see where I'm at but I need time and space to fix this damn visor! If I die who knows what magical bullshite she will pull off on the rest of the team! Also im keeping my ability on. (Honestly I just prefer not to die)

(Also you put the visor "wound" under the wrong person unless Magnus gained the ability to transfer armor wounds while I wasn't looking)

(Edit: Also also if we all blow up cause crazy refuses to do literally anything to save himself im gonna laugh and cry.)

You panic, clumsily crawl-running away from the terrifying child with magic powers.  Miraculously, she doesn't resume shooting at you, though you hear continued gunfire and yelling.  You cower behind a tree until the noises stop, then peak out to check.  Your damaged visor makes it really hard to make anything out, but through a clear-ish spot in your peripheral vision, you can sort of scan the area.  Your teammates appear to all be fine, though you can't see where Joe went.  And there's no sign of the magical girl.

Which, unfortunately, likely means she's right above you.  You look up, but can't... really make out anything.  At all.  Except the color green.  But you're pretty sure there's nothing moving above you, and also last time she shot you the moment you looked up, which in hindsight makes you feel a little dumb for looking up again.  Maybe she went somewhere else?  Maybe inside the old cabin in the clearing?

You either know where you are, or you know that you don't know:

Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2023, 06:41:58 pm »

Wrestling a kid can't be that hard right? what's she gonna do? shoot me?
Joe Wrestles the kid, trying to strange 'er, even if he can't see her- given how fucked HE was just a moment back, she can't be much better off at the moment.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2023, 10:09:32 pm »

"Guys? I hear the shooting stop how are we doing? Did we get her?"

Turn off Beacon and try to get further vision through my visor punch it out if that proves impossible then ping for the magic girl.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 10:13:40 pm by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2023, 04:43:56 am »

Stop shooting and wait to see what's happening, if I see the magic thing appear shoot it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2023, 04:02:10 pm »

"QUIT GETTING IN FRONT OF MY BULLETS YOU..." and then he proceeds into a series of expletives. 

try to find her. and shoot her.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9