Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 9891 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2023, 02:54:11 pm »

determine her position with the soultracker, then keep going.  if she's in the house, call for backup. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2023, 01:23:10 pm »

Cover the heavies as they advance. If she's coming, it'll be looping around or waiting in ambush.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2023, 12:38:31 pm »

Yep it's ping time I say maybe get into a less obvious position though
Grab one of the rocket launchers, then move on to the main entrance with the rest of the group and wait until we find out where we're heading next.
Wait for the guys who got lost back there, we 'ought to stay together when the bomb goes off.
grab the rest of the rocket launchers and head to the peak.

Kevin and Bob loot the three rocket launchers before jogging up the mine to the entrance.  Joe gives them a friendly wave, while Magnus fiddles with his soultracker.  The other three lean in to look at it, Bob feeling like a child next to the three others in heavy power armor.  The tracker takes a moment to send out the ping... and then a direction appears, pointing almost towards the peak of the mountain.

You all look up in the direction the tracker is indicating.  It's... directly into a stone wall.  You'll have to go around.  But you're pretty far up the mountain, it shouldn't take long to get there.  Gerald's minimech has already risen from its position and started to forge a path through the forest, so the four of you rush to fall in behind him.

Move upwards towards the peak of the mountain, Mines teams have cleared out the area, so there shouldn't be anything concerning left in there.

You start heading towards the peak even before the cave team regroups outside, though the undergrowth is quite restrictive.  Your mech is powerful and massive, but you're forced to maintain a walking speed as you crunch through the undergrowth.  Not that you mind, really, you can just sit back in the cockpit and relax while the machine does the work.  And you're even making a path for your team to use!

You hear an explosion from up ahead and a bit to one side, and pause your music so that you can hear what's going on.  Nothing.  You begin to rev the mech's miniguns, altering its path to head towards the explosion.  Seems you're about to make contact.

Cover the heavies as they advance. If she's coming, it'll be looping around or waiting in ambush.

Gerald heads right into the woods, and the area's a bit too overgrown to give him much support from far back; you're forced to follow along, making sure to stay a moderate distance behind.  Hopefully far enough back to avoid detection, while still having a clear line of sight to Gerald's giant metal ass.

You hear the explosion as well, up ahead, but you don't yet have a clear line of sight to it.  But it's not far; you'd only need to make a couple big swings to get close enough to see.

determine her position with the soultracker, then keep going.  if she's in the house, call for backup. 

You grumble as you pull out your soultracker.  This mission is taking way too long.  You press the button to locate the magical girl, and tap the side of the device impatiently as you wait for it to locate her.  When it does, it doesn't point towards the peak at all--it points upwards, and ahead.

[Mechanics hidden due to metagaming]

You look up, just as there's a resounding FWOOSH from one of the higher branches.  You barely have enough time to process that a rocket is streaking towards you; your magically-enhanced cyborg reflexes are the only reason you can manage to dodge in time, jumping to the side.  Unfortunately, the rocket missed--and you leap directly into its path.

It's a glancing hit, contacting your left thigh--but the explosion still throws you to the side.  You impact heavily against a tree, coughing through your disorientation.  Your leg is in agony; despite the glancing hit, the armor on your left leg has mostly been destroyed, with the remainder of it crushed down onto your thigh.  You try to straighten your leg, and growl in pain as the exoskeletal system--still functioning, somehow--loudly grinds against the bent armor to comply.  You can move, still, but only with intense pain.

[Moving your leg rapidly forces a willpower check.  Failure will give you penalties.]

You look up, at the branch where the rocket came from.  You only just catch sight of a falling tube, the expended rocket launcher, moments before it falls into the brush.  There's no sign of the magical girl who fired it--she's either invisible, or relocated while you were stunned.

Heading to cabin, will arrive at start of next turn:

Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Cabin:

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2023, 02:25:44 pm »

Assume she's present at the explosion and is now scurrying back to the top of the mountain. Attempt to intercept her at sniper range.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2023, 12:31:47 am »

Follow that mech!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2023, 02:18:52 am »

Follow the mech, keep my LMG at the ready.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2023, 09:51:28 am »

Follow the mech- wait.

Be the mech! Prepare for contacts while moving ahead!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2023, 01:37:42 pm »

I guess we are following that mech? Might as well do another ping.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2023, 01:51:12 pm »

take cover, call for backup, and get another ping.  in that order. 

"Careful, she's invisible."
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2023, 05:23:26 pm »

Mech. Follow.
sincerely,

ih oh

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2023, 04:04:35 pm »

take cover, call for backup, and get another ping.  in that order. 

"Careful, she's invisible."

You pull yourself to your feet, growling as pain shoots up your leg.  You reach for the soultracker as you do... only to realize it's not attached to you.  Then you realize what happened--you had it in your hands when you were hit by the rocket, and let go of it when you were blasted away.  You look around for it, alert for another attack, and then relax slightly when you spot it a short distance away.  Laying in the tall grass.

You take a moment to mentally calculate whether hiding or grabbing the soultracker is more important.  The sound of Gerald's approaching mech makes you decide to grab the soultracker--you'll have cover in just a moment.  You limp-jog towards it, stretching out your hand-

And then just before you reach it, the soultracker rises into the air of its own accord, and shoots off into the bushes.

You immediately stop, stumbling backwards and tripping when your injured leg doesn't move far enough to catch you.  You call into your radio that you've spotted the magical girl just ahead, and point at the undergrowth ahead of you.  Moments later, gunfire erupts, a few stray bullets pinging off your armor as you turn and crawl-run back to take cover behind a tree.

Follow that mech!
Follow the mech, keep my LMG at the ready.
Follow the mech- wait.

Be the mech! Prepare for contacts while moving ahead!

I guess we are following that mech? Might as well do another ping.
Mech. Follow.

Gerald's minimech continues forging through the woods, as a gaggle of soldiers follow behind on foot.  It's just about to breach the clearing when Magnus reports that the ping says the magical girl is directly ahead and to the right--and Whisperer calls out the magical girl's just ahead of him.

Gerald cannot see into the clearing quite yet, and cannot see Whisperer or the magical girl.  However, he has two very large miniguns, and he has a direction of a target.  He adjusts their aim just slightly, and grins as he pulls both triggers.

[Mech Miniguns: 4, 6]

Both miniguns immediately start spitting out a withering hail of lead, carving through the forest.  Gerald cackles over the radio as he continues charging forward.  Once he reaches the clearing, he sees the cabin to the side, Whisperer scrambling for cover, and most importantly, the section of bushes the magical girl's supposed to be in.  He roots himself in place, sweeping his miniguns back and forth across the target area.

Everyone else, shocked by the sudden gunfire, scrambles for cover--some in the woods, others behind the decrepit old cabin.  Big Bob in particular braces his LMG against the corner of the cabin, covering the area being demolished by minigun fire... but he can't see any target, and doubts adding more random fire would be very helpful.

Assume she's present at the explosion and is now scurrying back to the top of the mountain. Attempt to intercept her at sniper range.

[Spot check: 5]

You start swinging ahead, passing the minimech quickly and swooping around the side of the clearing.  Your plan is interrupted, however, when you spot the magical girl.  You see her for just a moment, crouched on a lower branch ahead of you--and then she's gone, in an instant.  You grapple to a higher branch, then wield your sniper rifle and start scanning below you for signs of her.  She appears midair, a stone's throw from the clearing, and falls down into the brush.  You immediately lose sight of her, but keep your rifle leveled, searching for any sign of the girl.

Your careful stalking is interrupted a few seconds later, when the mech opens fire, sweeping twin streams of bullets back and forth across the undergrowth.  The excessive amount of gunfire does a lot to strip the brush, cutting down smaller plants and blasting the greenery apart, and after a second, you spot the girl.  She's laying on her back, grimacing in pain, with one of her legs bloodied and twisted into a Z shape.  She's clutching a Crash assault rifle to her belly.

[Sniping!  4 2]

You take aim and fire a quick shot before she can disappear again.  It slams into her center-mass.  Aside from the full-body jerk from the bullet's impact, there's no sign of the damage you did... but you've seen what a round of this caliber does to the inside of a moose.  That girl now has mush in place of internal organs, and will be dead in just a couple of seconds.  Too much time; you slide your crosshairs up between her eyes.

She's looking back at you.

Everyone's in about the same location, or close enough:

Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2023, 06:26:07 pm »

CHARGE!!!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2023, 06:59:59 pm »

^WHAT HE SAID!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2023, 08:25:42 pm »

"BY THE POWERS VESTED IN ME MY LIGHT SHALL BRING US VICTORY!"

Fuck it Beacon time hold back a bit behind everyone else but don't be afraid to provide some covering fire if I get the chance.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2023, 04:27:31 am »

Keep the LMG at the ready and move forward while trying not to be shot by my teammates.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9