Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Gridhood GPT  (Read 4588 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Gridhood GPT
« on: December 26, 2022, 04:22:08 pm »

Welcome to the world of Gridhood GPT! I don't actually know what is going to happen here. In this game I will be using an AI to decide how many things work. I'm not sure how well this will go. A lot of stuff will be made up as I go. Its what I call an "Experimental Thing".

I'm going to start things off being pretty minimalistic, because I know if this game survives long enough it will cease to be minimalistic very quickly.

To play, post in this thread telling me what you want to be. The default options are to be a god, or to be a civilization. Gods are known for getting additional power by being worshipped, and for creating terrain on the Grid. Civilizations are known for gathering food, and researching stuff.

You can also ask to be something different, which I may or may not permit. There's no real goal in this game aside from whatever objectives players choose to pursue.

Spoiler: God Application (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Applications (click to show/hide)

Rules:
Many of the rules will be made up as we go, but they will be recorded here when they are.

All
- If a player fails to post an action, their turn may be skipped. If this happens, then they will simply be "paused" unless they are interacted with by another player. Note that this will prevent a player's status from changing. Inactive gods will not get 1 FP, and Civilizations will not expend food. Extended inactivity may have greater consequences.

Gods and Map Creation
- If a new tile is required in order for you to exist in the world, one will be created when your application is accepted.
- New god players start with 5 FP. The first tile they create does not cost FP. God players gain 1 FP each turn.
- A god player may create a tile in a blank space for 1 FP. Be sure to specify the co-ordinates for the new tile.
- Some kinds of terrain that a god wants to create may be too "Extreme", "Blatantly Game-Breaking" or "Bullshit" to do. You can still force this to happen by using the "Extreme" tile creation action. It costs 10 FP and has looser restrictions on what can and cannot be done. This may have other less obvious consequences too.

Civilization Actions
- Each civilian will consume 1 food each turn. If a turn ends with a negative food stockpile, expect one or more of your civilians to starve to death.
- When a civilization performs an action, specify the co-ordinates, even if the location is super obvious.
- Once per turn, a civilization may create a new civilian by paying an amount of food equal to the number of civilians they already have.

Each turn, each civilian may do one of the following actions
- Forage a tile for food by specifying the tile
- Researching a technology by specifying what you want to research
- Pray to a specific god
- Perform an action that you discovered via technology
- TRY to do something else. You can TRY just about anything, but you cannot necessarily DO just about anything. Expect poor results if you use this action.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:44:16 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood GPT
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 04:22:39 pm »

Player List

Gods
Spoiler: Aleph Null (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Through Midnight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Daylight Prince (click to show/hide)

God FP Tracker
Aleph Null: 8 FP
Through Midnight: 7 FP
The Daylight Prince: 7 FP
The Red Grail: 6 FP

Map Info:
Spoiler: Tile Descriptions (click to show/hide)

Civilization Info:
Spoiler: Aurora Morn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felid Kingdom (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Misty Realm. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Peaceful Assembly. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fangs of Paradise. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 08:08:43 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 04:37:44 pm »

Turn 0

Technically speaking, the world does not actually exist yet.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 04:48:18 pm »

God Name: Aleph Null
Domains: Creation, Chaos, Entropy

I create a verdant floating island in the middle of all the nothingness.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 05:27:07 pm »

Turn 1

Officially, I think actions shouldn't be taken prior to an application's acceptance.

On the other hand, I like the idea of a god player being able to immediately create their first terrain so I am going to make that an official thing.

Also, going forward please specify which co-ordinates you want to create something on even if it is obvious. (Don't worry about it for the first action, you clearly meant F6 and this was prior to me ever saying this.)

I have added the rules for god players creating tiles to the first post, and a player status page on the second post.

Turns will probably be a one per day thing, but may be faster if all players post their actions in a timely manner.

Oh, and whenever you see text in turquoise, you will know that it is both AI generated. Just in case you were curious.

The verdant floating island created by the god Aleph Null would likely be a breathtaking and awe-inspiring place. The island would likely be surrounded by a beautiful, shimmering aura, and would be suspended in mid-air, seemingly defying the laws of physics.

The landscape of the island would be lush and green, with a wide variety of plant life and wildlife. The air would be fresh and clean, and the climate would be temperate and pleasant. There would likely be a variety of terrain, including rolling hills, forests, meadows, and perhaps even rivers and lakes.

The people who lived on the island would likely be deeply connected to the natural world, and would enjoy a close relationship with the god Aleph Null. They would likely be a peaceful and harmonious society, living in harmony with the land and each other.

Overall, the verdant floating island created by the god Aleph Null would be a paradise, a place of beauty, serenity, and wonder. It would be a place where people could live in harmony with nature, and where they could connect with the divine in a profound and meaningful way.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 05:37:17 pm »

God Name: Through Midnight
Domains: Success, Darkness, Monsters
                                           claws
I pull into existence with my  hands a dismal reflection of the Verdant Isle at F5, where brave souls may challenge themselves against the dark in the name of glory.
                                           pincer

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2022, 05:37:57 pm »

God name: The Daylight Prince
Domains: Light, Heat, Growth

The Prince creates a warm, sandy plateau at F7: scarred by canyons, with cool rivers beneath. Oases and pale dune grasses line its surface, if one only knows where to look. Where Aleph Null's great void begins, the plateau sheers off to a towering cliff.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2022, 05:42:14 pm »

Aleph Null creates a second third fourth third? floating island below and to the left of the Center Of The Universe (that is, it gets made at E7)! They also decree that the coordinate map is vertical height and horizontal positioning, rather than a flat depiction of a world where everything is of roughly the same elevation, because it’s much more fun when things get to fly!

Anyway yes the second new island. It is covered in a constantly-shifting landscape of ancient ruins (dont as how they got to be ancient), home to treasure troves of lost artifacts and alien technology (seriously, don’t ask). But beware! Just as there are treasures beyond measure to discover, so too are unnaturally-well-maintained traps and remarkably-poorly-maintained environmental hazards (of biomes that are also constantly-shifting and of likely nonsensical nature) to challenge any who might seek the riches of the Ruins! And who knows what creatures and guardians might lurk in the depths of this labyrinthine realm...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 05:44:27 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 05:46:41 pm »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 05:48:11 pm »

Civilization Name: Aurora Morn [F6]
Species Name: Allays
Species Description: A species of energy beings colored by nature, they would work closely with their splendorous world. On an island in the middle of the void, they would have combined the natural with the industrial in worship of the original creator, Aleph Null.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 05:55:26 pm by TricMagic »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 05:58:46 pm »

WIP

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 09:53:01 pm »

I feel the need to clarify that civilizations will not be starting out with much in the way of technology. Technology is a thing that you as they player would need to work toward in game.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2022, 12:40:39 am »

Civilization Name: Felid Kingdom
Species Name: Felids
Species Description: (2 or 3 sentences): A race of otherwise-normal cats but sapient and with little hands instead of front paws. They are small but clever, and can be surprisingly cruel. They are very sneaky and make adept spies.

Place it on E7.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2022, 01:13:51 am »

Civilization Name:  The Misty Realm.
Species Name:  Sidhe (pronounced similar to “she”).
Species Description: (2 or 3 sentences):  A species of 10 cm tall winged humanoids who practice communal nudity, enjoy singing, and are relatively xenophobic.  Their hair and eyes come in all the colors of the rainbow and more.  their wings are lacy, but otherwise look like those of a butterfly and they are fully capable of flight.

Place them on the first tropical or subtropical forested tile that isn’t being used by somebody else, please.

Edit:  clarified placement.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 03:43:53 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 02:51:16 am »

PTW I'll make a civ when there's land available.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7