Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 23790 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - SIGNUPS [8/9+]
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 02:22:11 pm »

Let's wait a little and see if we can't get more ... 8 is so little ...

C'mon nerds, join!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 02:23:44 pm »

I will in if there are fewer than 9 players by the time it starts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 02:24:26 pm »

I will in if there are fewer than 9 players by the time it starts.
I will if you will.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 04:06:26 pm »

Let’s make it awkwardly numbered then.

in
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 04:33:49 pm »

IN

Never awkward if one's a cultist.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - SIGNUPS [10/9+]
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2023, 05:14:58 pm »

Cool, that gives us 10. I can work with that, though people can still join for a bit.

Signups will go through most of Tues 1/3. I'll close them that evening (pacific time) and get working on the role PMs. Game will start Wednesday morning.

Sound good?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2023, 05:15:39 pm »

Works for me!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2023, 05:30:18 pm »

That works

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 05:37:59 pm »

It works.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2023, 09:52:21 pm »

I don't really have the time for this...

IN

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2023, 10:11:18 pm »

I have an angry teething 9 month old, you’ll be fiiiiine.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - SIGNUPS [11/9+]
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2023, 08:32:48 pm »

Ok, closing sign-ups. I'll work on the role PMs and whatnot this evening and we can get started tomorrow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - [SET UP IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2023, 12:27:02 am »

FYI there's a huge storm going through California for the next two days and power outages are likely. I am still on break and will post if I have internet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - [SET UP IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2023, 01:39:06 pm »

You were warned, before taking this assignment, that only the most desperate come out to this outpost. But, of course, you were desperate, and the money was good. It had to be, to lure anyone out to this barren chunk of rock on the outskirts of populated space.

Things were ok, for a while. Sure, you needed breathers to go outside the habs and what little entertainment was available went into repeats after the first few months, but it wasn’t terribly hard. Monitor the frequencies, keep the drones running and shipments on schedule. Dream of retirement some day with all the money you’re making that you have nowhere to spend.

Things were ok. Until they weren’t.

Francois vanished. Went out to check on a busted antennae and just never came back. Then Yoyo disappeared. Just…wasn’t there when the next shift came over to relieve her from the comms. Nothing missing from her room, no notes. Nothing.

Then the comms went out. Some defect in the structure caused the tower to just crumple over, cables snapping and multimillion dollar equipment smashed into useless scrap in an instant. A few people started talking about it being sabotage at that point. Lots of side glances and suspicious glares to go around. Sure, the backup comms still work, but those are short range and the next ship isn’t supposed to be here for a month. Even if the Corp figures out something is wrong before that, it’ll probably be another quarter before a replacement can get sent out and installed.

And, finally, it was the pods. Three of them tumbling out onto the loading dock as you searched in vain for some replacement parts to try and get the comms up and running again.

Doppelgangers.

You’d all heard the stories, of course. Old documentaries from Earth and the early colonies. Stories from around the Sector. But dopps hadn’t been heard of in decades. And why would they be here?

Doesn’t matter much. They are here, and your lives are all on the line. You can’t follow protocol and wait for the Corp to send in professionals, so you’ll have to do what they did in the early days. Look for clues. Find those who are suspicious. Vote them out, and kill them.

Still working on some role PMs, so game isn't started yet. But I thought people might enjoy reading the opening flavor a bit before we actually start.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2023, 09:23:41 pm »

Game is up!

Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Saturday

Have fun!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41