Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 23835 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2023, 10:21:48 pm »

thinkingfaceemoji

TricMagic always protects scum, so why would we want to lynch TricMagic when we could use who he targets as a divining rod to find out who's scum

thinkingfaceemoji

I'll post more later but I'm tinkering with things and I am very engaged doing that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2023, 10:30:54 pm »

I was out after work today and I am very tired but I will at least post once tonight.

Anyway, to answer Toony’s question, unless the two players involved are mechanically cleared to you as town, it is a bad plan. I’ll toot me own horn and remind you that I was a townlock read for you in a game not that long ago, when I was a bad bad baddie.
What if you died that night? Wouldn't you want someone to at least reveal your intended target? I said two players as a form of insurance since if you only confided in one player they could keep quiet and not say anything.

Me and Knightwing are superheroes to defend Jack, Jim, Max, Hector, Vector, and Urist from the diabolical clutches of...Tric the Magic and Web 'Internet Crazed' Adict?
You say you’re a superhero but your avatar is Dr. Eggman.
That's Dr. Ivo Robotnik to you.

Am I a jester. I wouldn't have minded dying overnight if we got info on who pushed the hammers. And it sorta happened.

I'd rather live and throw a wrench in the works, but that's the rub. The main argument that could be made is that I'm playing like an SK. (Or Jester or Cultists or insert Third Party goo here.) An argument cannot be made that I'm mafia without dipping heavily into WIFOM territory. Webadict should really know that, yet calls me mafia? Under whose directive did I throw myself under the bus with absolutely no warning without talking to my teammate?
What did you do with the real TricMagic, doppelganger?

A rather Kooky one, but Human nonetheless.
Why did you wait to say this?

reads
I like this.

I feel like scum!Webadict likes to polarize me as a strong townread or a strong scumread.

I feel like town!Webadict likes to townread me heavily or give a careful amount of scrutiny after getting burned by that.

This middle of the road post makes me think they are town, since this was also their impression of me in Kill JJT Now and he was town there, beyond my doubts.

reads
I don't know how I feel about this post.

It seems town but I have no reasoning.

@FoU:  You think it's hector?  I dunno.  It doesn't feel correct.
Why?

I'm gonnnnnnnaaaaaaaa saaaaaay... Vector + Knightwing + ... Toony???  Is that the team?

Hm.
Nah, it's probably not Toony.

But, then it's gotta be notquitethere?
I could see Vector/Knightwing/NQT, though that means I am incorrect about Knightwing.

Maybe Max can help with that.

TricMagic always protects scum, so why would we want to lynch TricMagic when we could use who he targets as a divining rod to find out who's scum

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2023, 10:35:15 pm »

An afterthought: It's pretty audacious, but I think a dopp!Max would have claimed Kook today since they did that as mafia in the previous game and nobody batted an eye of suspicion.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2023, 10:40:43 pm »

Even though not claiming miller (equivalent) is sus, that just makes me more confident web is town. It's just realistic behavior from him.

Tric feels sus, but hector feels sharp, in a way I haven't felt from him before. He reads as reasonably town, just going by his logical behavior, but the vibe check is failed badly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2023, 10:44:20 pm »

An afterthought: It's pretty audacious, but I think a dopp!Max would have claimed Kook today since they did that as mafia in the previous game and nobody batted an eye of suspicion.
Shit, I should've claimed it ANYWAY.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2023, 10:48:18 pm »

I mean, seriously, I bet web isn't even a miller. Always claiming miller is one thing he and I agree on.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2023, 10:49:54 pm »

Honestly, I was debating NOT claiming it because I figured it'd make a good way to catch a fakeclaim, but I realized that was probably a bad idea because it's far more likely to screw me over.  So, totally fair to question me on that.

As for why I don't think it's hector, my thought was that he seemed rather active and that he was initially on the TricMagic bandwagon, which seemed like a really bad idea to do if you're going to use that as a reasoning to go after me, but on a reconsider, I'm less sure.  I'm far more willing to say FoU is Town, and his suspicions of hector13 might be founded.  There's not as much substance in hector's posts compared to what I had mentally envisioned, and thinking about his change in stance did remind me of Maximum Spin's shift last game, though it's probably more fair to say that his initial attitude is too reminiscent of myself in Fallacy's BYOR, for whatever merit that holds.

I could see a Vector + Knightwing + hector team as a possibility.

I see Knightwing as scum here because of his posting style, as well as his lack of substantial posts.  Not really a fan of it, but it feels different than last game, especially as he said "Why?" when I called him scum, which is just really... scummy.  I know that sounds reasonable, but it's something that always dings my scumdar.

I mean, seriously, I bet web isn't even a miller. Always claiming miller is one thing he and I agree on.
Wow, dude, are you calling me a liar?  That's really hurtful that you think that I always lie, instead of just mostly lie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2023, 10:54:17 pm »

Even though not claiming miller (equivalent) is sus, that just makes me more confident web is town. It's just realistic behavior from him.
I'm suspicious that he didn't claim until every player had chimed in, but it's possibly poor timing. Hence the question. Why does this make you more confident he is town? Do you think a miller Web waits? I'm almost positive he's been a Kook before in these games but I'd have to check how he behaved and I'm too tired to look right now.

PPE:
Honestly, I was debating NOT claiming it because I figured it'd make a good way to catch a fakeclaim, but I realized that was probably a bad idea because it's far more likely to screw me over.  So, totally fair to question me on that.
...Fair enough. This does make things kind of annoying though, you know what I mean?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2023, 11:00:48 pm »

I'm suspicious that he didn't claim until every player had chimed in, but it's possibly poor timing. Hence the question. Why does this make you more confident he is town? Do you think a miller Web waits? I'm almost positive he's been a Kook before in these games but I'd have to check how he behaved and I'm too tired to look right now.
I think web very deliberately attempts to violate standard conventions. The audacity is intentional and this is just another expression of that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2023, 11:05:51 pm »

...Fair enough. This does make things kind of annoying though, you know what I mean?
Yeah, I totally get it.  It won't bother me none to suspect me, but I'm pretty sure I'll be trusted regardless!

I will note that I've been a Kook before, AND I've fakeclaimed Kook before, both of which I did in the first post of each game.  These were done when my feelings on it were that you're supposed to claim in the first post, but I've started to wonder if it's possible to catch fakeclaim cops.  Buuuut, I think that sometimes, doing the things that I do has cost-benefit analyses that don't seem worth it in the future, so I'm want to change my mind.

I think web very deliberately attempts to violate standard conventions. The audacity is intentional and this is just another expression of that.
That's... only partially true.  I think that Miller claims should decrease the claimers trust, after all, as they are almost always done by Town right now.  Only THREE people have ever fakeclaimed Miller on these forums, and I'd really like that to increase!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:48 pm »

Only THREE people have ever fakeclaimed Miller on these forums, and I'd really like that to increase!
Who else?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2023, 11:14:59 pm »

Only THREE people have ever fakeclaimed Miller on these forums, and I'd really like that to increase!
Who else?
Leafsnail, a really long time ago.

That's right, not even TOONY has fakeclaimed Miller!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2023, 11:19:39 pm »

Who else?
Leafsnail, a really long time ago.

That's right, not even TOONY has fakeclaimed Miller!
weaaaaaaaaak
don't be a coward, Toony!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2023, 12:04:03 am »

@Toony re: cluing in two players via PM of night actions: if I felt I needed an insurance policy regarding who to tell about an action I’d probably just post it in thread. That would achieve the same result and nobody could lie about it afterward.

FoU

Tric feels sus, but hector feels sharp, in a way I haven't felt from him before. He reads as reasonably town, just going by his logical behavior, but the vibe check is failed badly.

Sharp… like a fox!

I genuinely have no idea what you mean, could you expand on this? You sound like one of those horrible people who use fire as an adjective so… preferably in a way an old man like me can understand.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2023, 12:17:08 am »

Almost forgot!

Dr Eggman is the name of the villain in OG Sonic, and for some reason the American localization team decided - without consulting the developers - to rename him Robotnik.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41